Coming out of hiding!!

BreckGirl

Cathlete
Hello all!

I've decided to come out of hiding, as I've been lurking for quite some time.

I'm 31 (hurling towards 32 at warp speed), 5'3" and 126#. Of course I'm a huge Cathe fan, or I wouldn't be on this forum! I haven't been a Catheite as long as several of you, but I'm building my Cathe library as fast as possible so I can play with the big kids! (like A-Jock, for one...) LOL

I've been losing the last 10 (I'd love to drop 15) for as long as I can remember (but they keep finding me), and I'd really like to FINALLY see these abs that I know are strong under there... somewhere! My goal is 18% BF. (at the least, or would that be at the 'most'??) I'd love to not rely on scales and measurements, but I'm afraid I'm obsessed. }(

I do cardio 4-6 times/week (at least one interval, but usually 2) and do a 2 day split (legs, back and bi's; chest, shoulders and tri's) and then 1-2 more days of some sort of Cathe total body workout (like BC).

I eat clean, but could probably use some tweaking in the diet area. I have tinkered with eating more, eating less, etc etc - and I feel I'm spinning my wheels. Folks usually call me "tiny" or "skinny" and act baffled when I pass up 'treats' (I know that's a hot topic right now), so I look "regular" (for lack of a better word) in my clothing, but I'm struggling with my goal of getting lean!!

I've enjoyed reading your posts, and hope to get to know you all better! Thanks for reading, hope I haven't caused any retinal damage from the lengthy post (brevity is not one of my strong points).

Well... I guess all that's left is to hit "Post message"...:eek:

BreckGirl

Hi BreckGirl,

You sound like you're a lot of fun & I for one am very pleased to welcome you! SO glad you "came out".

BTW, when you can play with A-Jock, you KNOW you're advanced! LOL

Enjoy,
Ruth:) :)

Hi there BreckGirl!
When I saw your post, I had to reply. You sent me an email recently and my apologies....I haven't answered it yet. So I guess I'll do it here. :)

Yes, it's possible to eat grain free. :) I don't low carb though, I eat lots of fruits, veggies, and some dairy for my carb intake. A typical day (grain free) for me is:

Meal 1: Egg/Egg white omelette w/peppers, mushrooms, & light cheddar cheese and sometimes 4 oz. of orange juice

Meal 2: cottage cheese with fruit (usually a microwaved chopped apple w/cinnamon, & a small snack box of raisins)

Meal 3: Protein shake (with fat free milk, protein powder, and fruit...either a banana or berries)

Meal 4: BIG salad (romaine lettuce, celery, peppers, mushrooms, shredded carrots, beets, & one tbsp lite dressing) with protein (chicken, imitation crab, or tuna)

Meal 5: fruit & nut snack mix (dried fruit & nuts or a Balance Go Mix) and some fruit (usually grapes, cherries, or berries)

Meal 6: Protein (beef, chicken, pork) and steamed veggies

Meal 7: Cottage cheese, sugar free jello, and fruit (sometimes I'll put a couple of tbsp. of lite cool whip...yeah, I know:)

Plus I always have two cups of coffee everyday w/fat free Coffee Mate and Splenda and tons of water.

I hope this answers your questions? It's amazing how you won't really miss grains after the first couple of days. Everytime I "go back" to eating them, I get pretty bloated and gassey for a few days (yeah, TOO MUCH INFORMATION! :p).

Losing bodyfat gets tougher the "leaner" you get. It's easier to take your bodyfat down when it's higher. Don't give up, just make sure you get plenty of cardio and lift heavy enough weights to challenge yourself and maintain muscle mass. Good luck, and keep us posted on how you're doing. :)

Kathy G

Hi there

Welcome to the

"one stop information and free therapy centre, where no problem is too big or too small, and the only stupid questions, are the ones you dont ask"

Enjoy the ride

Marion

Thanks Ruth, Marion, KathyG and Beverly for making me feel welcome!

Ruth - think I might "dig in" to the healthy eating check-in... thanks for the advice!

KathyG - don't give the email a second thought. Thanks for your info... I might try to brave the oatmeal-less breakfast (she wipes away a mournful tear). But I guess if I want it bad enough, I have to want it bad enough to make some serious sacrifices!

Now if gaining weight were only as difficult as losing it... (she sighs) ;)

Stopped by a place today and signed up for a personal trainer. I've worked with them in the past, and seem to do better with "big brother" (big huge and scary brother, that is) threatening me with a caliper. So we'll see how that goes! My first session should be next week barring any unforseen circumstances (gee, don't I need a root canal or something?) Just kidding. I really do love to work out hard. I figure, if I'm going to spend the time, I'm going to GET AFTER IT! I'm just being dramatic. }(

See, this was going to be a succinct post, but yet again she rambles on and on...:D

All the best and thanks again, everyone-
BreckGirl

GRRRR!!! What the heck is up with this site tonight? I have to hit the links several times to get any action!

Anyway...You'll start seeing your abs if you do Cathe's core ab workouts. I think they're a lot more effective than crunches.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!

Hey BreckGirl! Welcome. I live in Plano. You and I are about the same height & weight but alas, I am 2 years older than you. It's good to see you on the forum. How did you come across Cathe? I used to order from Collage video, ordered The Firm tapes, checked out the Firm Ya-ya-s, saw rave reviews about Cathe & the rest is history.

Well, glad to hear from you.

Marla:)

A mighty welcome to you! I looooove your user name. Takes me back to the.... well never mind, I'd just be dating myself. I admire your clean eating. I eat clean also.... anything that isn't bolted down to the floor and is clean is fair game for me. Then I wonder why I can't get below 25%!!! Have a safe and joyous holiday season!!
booboo39

Welcome BreckGirl,

You took the plunge and it didn't hurt. Your introduction was a nice way to get to know you. Enjoy your fitness journey :D .

jordan

Farrah Fawcett, right booboo? Or was it...Heather Locklear? "I told two friends. And they told two friends. And so on...and so on..."

Welcome BreckGirl!

I'm also in the DFW area (live in Coppell, work in Bedford). I think signing up for a trainer is a GREAT idea, especially if you are looking for motivation. It is one of the things that has made the biggest difference for me! The diet is mostly my downfall -- working out is the FUN part :)

Isn't the sun BEAUTIFUL today?

Have a good one!
Shonie

Well, thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!

Shonie and Marla - My actual address is Frisco (but that tends to confuse folks who are not from this area and they think I live in San Fransisco). Maybe we should consider a little Catheite Dallasite get-together at some point. Yes, the sun is fabulous today!

Booboo- ah, clean eating. You crack me up. I can eat like a linebacker when I get a hankerin' to. It's not cute. I'm not too far off your BF% so don't give yourself too little credit!;-)

Oh yes, and Marla - How did I come across Cathe? Actually via my aerobics instructor. She asked me (once she found out I had FitTV) if I had ever seen this lady called "Cathe" on FitTV, and that she practically killed her in her living room last night. I was like, SIGN ME UP! The rest, is history. I tivo'd a bunch, and then started ordering like a madwoman. My dh thinks I'm nuts. (I confessed to him that I finally posted on the forum and he replied, "What did you say, " {teeny falsetto voice} "I love Cathe?"):D

I laughed out loud at this. I can just hear him saying it! I get this a lot too from my SO. But then he did the Bootcamp DVD and loved it.

Of course I would be up for a Catheite Dallasite get-together!

Shonie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.