Combing different workout plans

grad2010

Cathlete
Has anyone combined P90x with STS? I am just wondering because a friend of mine did the two workouts at the same time and she looks great, she lost a total of 80pounds in about 6-7months. I just think that it was an overkill and not really benefical, but after seeing her results I had doubts. Here is an example of her rotation, I just want to know what everyone thinks.

Week 1-3 STS Meso 1 and phase one of P90x lean
Monday.....Disc 1 and core synergistics
Tuesday....Disc 2 and cardio x
Wednesday.Disc 3 and yoga x
Thursday...Rest day
Friday.....Shoulder and Arms, ab ripper x
Saturday...Legs and back, ab ripperx
Sunday ..Kenpo x

Week 4
Monday--Disc 10
Tuesday--Rest
Wednes ....disc 11
Thursday...Disc 12
Friday...Cardio
Saturday..Cardio of choice
Sunday ...Rest

Week 5 the recovery phase of phase one of P90X lean

Well, it's certainly aggressive, but it clearly worked for her, so congrats to your friend, that's a huge accomplishment. Especially during meso 1, I don't think the rotation is harmful or anything being the endurance phase.

I am curious though why she only did discs 1-3 repeating, and not get in some more variety with doing all the meso 1 discs. Again, it clearly worked for her, and I'm not questioning the efficacy of her routine, but was there some kind of reasoning behind that?

How did she combine with meso 2 and 3?

I am sorry,I should have clarified, she did the 1st week, disc 1 ,2 and 3 and the 2rd week disc 4,5,6 and so on. She also did Meso 2 and 3 in order as well. When doing the lean rotation of P90x , she didn't go as heavy with the weight as STS. She decreased her weights and increased the reps.

As far as her eating plan, I know that she began with weight watchers for a couple of months, and changed to the eating clean concept.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.