@@@------Cleaning It Up Thursday-----@@@

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Hello ladies!! It has been miserably hot and muggy here. It's in the 90's and 80-90% humidity all day long. I skipped my Cardio Recovery today because I just could not stand the heat! I did push through in the heat with Plyo Cardio Circuit yesterday and I sweated more than anything, but it felt great! Today is even hotter so I just did not want to move at all. The heat has been making me a grump! I will do Cardio Recovery tomorrow (today for you ladies) and ub weights though. Loving the Insanity. I have my next fit test in a few days.

Kate - Recipes all sound good! I think I will try the enchiladas.

Angie - I thought you were done with Insanity or almost?

Wendy - Any pics of the reno?

Hi Nina, Robin, Katie and all!

Be back in the am. Gotta put the kids to sleep!

Lisa

Good Morning !

Hi Lisa !

Today is cardio day. I'm probably subbing for KPC with a CC or iTrain .

Yesterday eating was horrible. I have to be squeaky clean today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bbl...........

Becky

Lisa, Good to see you! That heat sounds awful! I dn't think I'd be INSANE enough to workout in that either!:p:D
Is P's party this weekend or nex? Julia's is Sunday afternoon. I haven't done a THING for it.:eek:

Becky, Sorry for the bad eats day.... now go sweat it off! Hope you have a great WO!

-
Julia has her 1yo pics today. We're taking a cake to let her smash. We did that w/ G&Is too - always lots of fun!:D I WILL NOT EAT ANY!!!!

b - oats/blueberries
l - taco salad
s - cherries & granola
d - out to eat - prob a salad

WO - Insanity bit I don't know which one

Have a great day everybody!

Morning

Nite Lisa how often do you do a fit test?

Becky don't worry about yday. Today will be a clean day.

I have to work 8 hours today putting out more Christmas stuff. Now I know how the elfs feel.;)

bbl

Robin, Fit tests are every 2 weeks.
Unfortunately, cake does count!:p:mad: My birthday is in 19 days (not like I'm counting or anything!) so Im saving up my cals for a wickedly decadent chocolate cake that I'm going to make!
lol on the elf feeling!
You working out or is workmax it for you? All that walking around the store would be great!

Whew - quick drive by -eating my oatmeal - someone peed in his bed this morning - I love the extra chores in the morning (stripping the bed, laundry, shower).

Ran 5 miles this am - lots to do at work - home to make dinner - back to work at 7 pm for another drug screen

I'll check in when I can!!

good morning all

hi katie - great run, but what a busy day. so glad tomorrow is short for you!

hi robin. you are definately an elf!

hi kate - what kind of cake are you making julia? enjoy the pics - i cannot wait to see them.

hi lisa - good night! sorry fr the heat and humidity. i feel for ya - it was 93 yesterday here with 100% humidity. yuck!

dh finally got his paper work figured out. he leaves friday and will be home monday. then another trip on the 22nd for 3 weeks. back to reality. we are talking more and possibly are going out for dinner tonight, so that is great! i had a fun speed interval run this am. i "may" do another insanity wo later. it made me feel so good yday. but i def need to do some ub. lots of errands this am and chores. biab

becky, good morning! sorry for the unclean eats yday. back at it today. i wish i had more to show for my clean eats and tidy portions:( - makes me want to cheat:mad:

Morning all,

I had coffee and did some shopping with my friend Rebekah this morning. I found SWEET POTATOES! And I also found flax seeds! I was SOOO excited you have no idea. Good morning. Girls are at school so it's quiet here. I should really take advantage and get a few things done.

Workout was AWESOME this morning. I love how much I sweat with Insanity. Did Max Cardio Conditioning and then instead of cardio abs (we don't like this - don't really feel it), we did LIC abs. She moves SO fast in that. But it is way better. Nice to see Cathe and her music again! I'm really looking forward to my November rotation. I love change though.

Kate, so fun for J's bday pics! Enjoy that for sure. Do you have anything planned for your birthday?

Katie, good run this morning! Your 1/2 will be here very soon and we're going to be so proud. Your busy days stress me out! Hope you get through OK!

Nina, I'm glad you enjoyed insanity but I agree... not sure if doing it on top of a run is good for your body though! Find something else good for your mind. Oh, and I sliced the chicken before I sauteed it.

Becky, good luck with your clean eats today!

Lisa, I have one more week of Insanity. We started in mid August and had a couple of hot days and it was rough!

Eats have been great. I had some of the lentil/chicken thing for lunch and I was feeling full so I stopped eating but now I'm hungry again... some fruit? Almonds? Cheese?

BBL... watching J&K... it's so depressing to me. The whole fiasco is out of control.

Workout is done ! I did iCYCLE with buddy, intervals of speed/hills , 40 min. 15.1 miles and KPC abs.
So now, I will remind myself that I worked out too hard to blow it on bad food !!!

Sorry about the wet bed, Katie- that's not a good way to start the day !

Nina, I LOVE the heat, but that must be a huge adjustment from Maine weather ! ugh!

Hi to EVERYBODY !!!

Becky

Katie, My day started w/ a wet bed too! LOL! Julia peed thru EVERYTHING! I didn't know she could pee so much all day long, let alone just at night!
What was your time on your run? Good for you for getting it in!
Hope the work day is productive!

Nina, For J's pic I just picked one up at the store. For her party Sunday I'll make her one, not sure what yet tho!
Glad DH's pwork is sorted out...sorry for the long spell w/o him tho. Hope you gys get your date!
I need some UB work too. Mike's wanting ot add some on tonight after Ins. so I may too.

Angie, Hurray for your food finds! Awesome!
GLad yo had a good WO! Looking forward to mine tonight!
No plans for my bday - just chocolate cake w/ chocolate frosting!:D It's my big bday - 3-0!!!:D:D:D

Becky, Great WO!

ahhh, kate, i remember when i turned 30;) which insanity is your favorite so far? good plan with store bought for the smash.

katie, i think i would rather have woken up to pee this am. finn got up at 5:30 to pee, but would not go back to bed. of course i was out running, but that makes dh grumpy. anyone have tips on teaching kids to go back to bed after using the bathroom?

angie, great job with your day and great finds at the store. we live on sweet potatos. i am making the lentils today or tomorrow. so excited.

becky, great wo, i and i like your thinking. i will try to remmeber that today.

well, shop max done, off to get fingerprinted again for subbing. i ate wayyyy too many cals this am, but, the day is not blown, my cals were clean, so i will just have to eat really light and simply from here on out. and all this food will be digested by the time i do insanity just after the boys lunch:eek: not sure which i will pick today. maybe max cardio somethng or other? biab

okay, and one other question for insanity users - i sweat a lot, normally, so of course am sweating buckets with insanity. how do you keep your hands from slipping with all those squat thrust jump things?? i do not want to break my neck!

Nina, I pull out my yoga mat (usually folded in half) when I do any sort of plank or thrust work. He does SO much of it. Ryan does it on the bare wood floor (well, it's like a pergo floor) but I have visions of falling on my face and cracking a tooth. :)

Nina, Too hard to pick a fave! :D We do our WO's on carpet - no slipping here!
no potty tips here! Our girls have never done that.
Keep up those clean, pc eats! I'm hungry right now but lunch is an hour away so I'm just trying to stay OUT of the kitchen!!!! Helllllp!:p

Angie, Nice mental picture! LOL!

So far pretty good on clean eating. I am posting to keep myself accountable.

before workout - banana w/ natural pb
breakfast after workout - protein pancake
lunch-white bean tuscan soup (oops a few baked potato crisps)

Becky

angie, thanks for the tip. i have a mat of sorts i could use. i could totally see myself nosediving y-day.

kate, my carpet would start to smell:eek: from the sweat. sorry if tmi.

becky, way to be accountable. i am having light snack instead of lunch, and will have smothie after my wo

good for you, becky!

nina, the carpet in the spot I usually do my cardio at got all stretched out from the turning/pivoting/jumping nad we had to have it restretched:p.
good planning on your food!

-
i want a snack! Not hungry....but hte house is quiet and snacking sounds good! Keeping out of the kitchen!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.