/@/@/@ ** Clean & Tidy Weekend **@\@\@\

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Thought I'd start off the thread for the weekend!

Katie - Glad you got a dx for your injury and that you'll still be able to run.
Kate - Hope you're enjoying your vaca. I know what you mean about being the lone ranger with the baby.
Morris - How was date night?
Colleen - Glad your knee is getting better. It will be 100% in no time.
Anne - I love Korean spicy pork. I also eat Pho and my fave Viet food is the shrimp summer rolls or any of the vermicelli rice dishes. We totally have to go out and eat one day!! Yes, I know this is a c&t check-in. ;)
Angie - How is your morning going?
Patti - Hope you're feeling better. I have those moments of irritation more than I'd like to admit.
Klaudia - Did you survive all the kiddos?
Robin - Fingers crossed for news on Monday re: the job.
Kath - We put our dog down last year and it was not easy, but she was 15yo and it was time.
Hi Amanda!

No wo on Friday for me. P was up playing from 1-2am and then I couldn't go back to sleep for awhile after that. Then I had work all day so it was not happening. WO for Saturday will be ub and abs. Did a lot of cardio this week so need to hit the weights! Any fun plans this weekend for you ladies??

Lisa

Morning Lisa! (or goodnight...)

The girls are at school today - France is weird but it's a make up for the holiday day off since we pay for a full week. So Ryan and I have another day together! YAY! I'm glad I'm keeping the girls home next week though. I'm starting to miss them.

Just finished step blast this morning and added on ME abs. Step blast keeps my hr high the whole time! It's a crazy one. I love it though.

Gotta eat some bfast. I'll be back later.

Happy weekend everyone!

Morning ladies! Happy weekend!

Lisa, good luck getting the workout in today. Sounds like the deck was stacked against you yesterday.
Angie, how exciting for a whole day with your husband! Enjoy it!
Robin, that sucks about the vacation. Maybe you can take several smaller weekend trips to still get away a bit.
Kath, tell me about the foam roller - what does that do? When we go to the Outer Banks, we stay in Nags Head usually. It is our favorite get-away location of all time! We got married there last year, in fact. So sorry to hear about your doggie, (((HUGS)))
Nina, how was your dinner with the neighbors last night?
Klaudia, what on earth did you have SEVEN kids at your house??
Amanda, hi, I don't think I have introduced myself yet - sorry! I am Katie, 27 yo, mom to DS 4, married for just over one year. Welcome!
Hi to Patti, Anne, Colleen, & Kate!

I have started taking the meds that the Dr. prescribed me and I can already notice a difference in the level of pain/discomfort when I walk or climb stairs. He wants me to continue running (because otherwise we won't know if it is getting better/worse) but just scale back on my mileage. I am going to cut down my weekday runs to about 3 miles, and maybe 4.5 - 5 on the weekend until I get the green light. I am going to try to add in some swimming also to get an extra calorie burn in - without the impact.

This morning I am going to go to the wellness center close to my house (very nice gym with all the equipment you can dream of, great pools, great programs for kids, SUPER expensive to get a membership) for a water aerobics class - and I might do some laps as well. It costs $15 for one day, which I am willing to pay at this point. I will also do shoulders today some time...

Tomorrow I think I am going to run - 3 miles, and also do some lower body work.

Other than that, I don't have a lot of plans for the weekend - YAY!

morning!! quick hello!

lisa, j had a bad night too. ugh
angie, enjoy your day w/ r!
katie, good plan w/ your hip!

eat & swim are our plans for the day.....bbl!

Hi Everyone!

No big plans for the weekend except to spend some time with the in-laws tomorrow. There is a festival that we will go to in the afternoon and then dinner at my in-laws. Today I am going to Nordstrom for their sale. I usually get shoes and workout clothes at their sale. Not sure about workout - either BM2 or DM.

Angie, glad you have another day at home with Ryan. It is nice to have some couple time.
Kate, yes, I will have patience. I just hate medicine and hate taking it unless I am miserable. Sorry about the rough night last night. Maybe you and Julia can take a nap together.
Lisa, Sorry about your rough night. Hope you got some rest last night.
Katie, glad your hip is feeling better. Enjoy your workout at the wellness center. We have a really nice gym that opened about 9 months ago but I refuse to go in because I know I will want to join.

Morning...wow I'm so hungry

Colleen I so glad that you knee is healing. Give it some time and it will be 100%. Catch the sales!!

Katie sorry about the muscle inflammation but you taught me something new. Thanks for the vaca advice. I think since I won't be scheduled to work weekend that I may just take mini vaca like fri-mon. Good plans for the fitness spa :)

Kate how's the wolfs out there;) those indoor pools looks so cool.

Lisa I hope you will be able to get your weights done.

Angie step blast is a goodie. I haven't stepped in a month since the kids are home. Maybe I send them somewhere.

Today plans is a little mall shopping. I did not get a call from my manager yday I guess the back ground check did not come through yet. My w/o will be stair machine and kbell core.

good morning everyone. only one more day off then back to work. i forgot to tell everyone but since i work for the lovely state of california i got a layoff notice and i guess im working until sept 15 , since we now have 3 unpaid furlough days and going on a fourth i don't know how we'll make things work . today i need to do some cardio even though i miss working out a week off makes it hard to get back into it again. im thinking some kickboxing then 4ds back and chest and maybe some yoga later after grocery shopping.

katie -i hope your leg gets better .
robin-good morning
colleen have fun visiting
angie afternoon how do you like france?
kate good morning
lisa good morning

colleen, shopping!!! im hoping to get some in today too!:D
dm sounds fun! i think i need a circuit rotation for august

robin, you sure you're gonna pass that background test???:p;)

=
breakfast buffet....mmmmm
idid good tho! veggie omelette w/ fruit. cpl bites of powdered donut. they had all cheats imaginable....wah!:p

getting j down to nap and m's stayig in here while i slide w/ dds:)

hi amanda! sorry abt the job woes. dh feels awful when he doesnt have enough work for all the guys. yuck
youve got a nice day planned! groc shopping is almost my favorite thing to do!:D

Kate LOL --background test---I did work for VA hospital for years...that might count against me ;):)

Amanda sorry about layoff notice. It's must be really scary. Oprah had Suzy Omen (?) on and Suzy said when one spouse gets laid off that it is important to cut down to the bare minimum....like cut the cable, cell phones, deliveries of the newspaper off. I know that is very hard to do. What kind of work do you do?

i work at a state prison in the records department . i work with inmate files ive only been there a little over a year. my husband works there too so the paycuts have hit us hard right now we are losing 30% of our paychecks combined

Morning! No workout yet for me- today is technically a rest day but I can't do it. I am thinking light cardio of some kind while the kids nap. I would like to tackle Body Max or BM2 but I think that is a better idea for tomorrow. My butt is sore right now. :p Gotta love PS Legs, eh?

Kate: WTG on the buffet! I think a few bites of donut sounds perfect for a vacation indulgence without going overboard. Let me know what you think of the hotel- we have one near us too and I am wondering if it is too much for a 2 year old?

Robin: Ha on not passing the background check, you shady lady. ;) What are you shopping for today?

Amanda: So sorry for the job woes- DH's family business has been slow this year and it's hard and a little scary. Get that wo in, you'll feel better.

Katie: I'm so happy you're already feeling better. Swimming is a great idea to keep up the calorie burn. I wish I had access to an indoor pool without paying so much $$$ for it.

Lisa: Good luck fitting in that wo today.

Colleen: Oh shopping, love it! Have fun and buy good stuff.

Angie: Enjoy your day with Ryan- totally envious here.

Scale is down a pound- I'll take it! DH and I are good- he came home with an I'm sorry and big hug and who can stay mad at that, especially when he is so cute??

i work at a state prison in the records department . i work with inmate files ive only been there a little over a year. my husband works there too so the paycuts have hit us hard right now we are losing 30% of our paychecks combined

Times are very hard and I think it's going to take some time for the job market to turn around. I've been job hunting for a few weeks and it's funny that the jobs the burn people out like cooks, servers, nurse's aid...are the job that are available all over.:rolleyes:

Here is the link for Suze Orman...she gives good advice

http://www.oprah.com/article/money/personalfinance/20090311-tows-suze-orman

waterpark & lb pilates!
nursemax now then more swim w/ j:D

-
amanda - yikes 30%:(

patti, tthere would be very little maax cld do on his own. parentsarent allowed to ride the smaller slides w/ kids & the slides you can go double on theres a height requirement:mad:. strictly enforced. the kidie area has 2 slides and siome water stuff....but not much. when will he be 3 tho? maybe hed be brave enough for 2 of the bigger slides on his own??? al the parks have diff things too.... hmmmm. dds have a blast. pricey tho!!! i just close my eyes when the final bill comes!:p
nice dh!!!

-
time to get chunky lovey into her bikini....no, not me! julia!:D

hey all - this is a drive by as it is a busy morning. i actually slwpt in, then went running when everyone wqas up. i NEVER do that, but it felt good.

katie, great news at the dr! enjoy the pool. it take s a bit of getting used to but feels good i think.

robvin, lol at the background check.

colleen, shop for me too:D

patti, glad you are on the mend with dh. and lol at the rest day. i am the same way.

kate, great break!

amanda, sorry for the job situation.

lisa, get a nap!

okay, gotta run here - off for errands and to a festival later. bbib

nina, Sleeping in AND a run! It's your lucky day!:D
hope your afternoon is good!

-
clean eats continues....so glad for the healthy food i paxked!
dds are getting tuckered out!:p spongebob marathon right now:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

did some cs while fam slept. i suppose i shouldve been sleeping too - but i cant stand to be still, esp right after a meal:confused:

Afternoon! I did Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge, but skipped the one med ball lunges section. It's a fun workout- love the strikes with the bar. My left knee has been bugging me this week- they do that off and on. :mad:

Poor kids have colds so I'm a disinfecting machine today- hope I don't get it.

Kate: WTG on CS- I personally think all exercise on vacation deserves an extra gold star. I can't stand sitting still after meals either- makes me think my body is just storing all that food in my thighs. :eek:

Nina: Good for you on some sleep and alone time to exercise. I love it on weekends when J watches the kids while I wo- so decadent.

Gotta go EAT! I'm starving.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.