******* cLEAN & tidy weekend *******

Katie, I've never counted calories specifically but I feel like I have a rough idea of what I eat. But "they" say you consume more calories than you think you do. My last physical was about 2 years ago when we were going thru fertility issues and everything was normal. Glad you did good at brunch. Portion control is one of the hardest things for me.

Steph - It sounds like things are good for you and DH - So glad to hear it! ITA w/ what Katie said. Enjoying your storm? I am! btw...to see some crazy awesome ballet go to the OD and view the "Words can't describe this" or something like that. AMAZING! My girls love to watch this...and the wedding party doing the Thriller dance!

After lunch the fam all had a cupcake each and I am proud to report that I did not have one (not even licks while I was making them this morning)! Somehow I have totally lost my craving for sugar. I think it's just going without it, you lose it. So why do I feel GUILTY about it?! All of their recent comments have me actually feeling BAD the last couple days that I don't want that kind of food. But I can't argue w/ results, ya know? When my sis was over a few days ago she commented that my "butt looks great". So if the workouts I'm doing are getting results in combination w/ eating truly clean, why the guilt? Any of you ever feel this way? Thanks again....

Hi Everyone!

DH and I spent the morning clean up from the party and then a quick shopping trip to get the last of our "store" gifts. I am going to finish up the online portion shortly. Then I can say I am done shopping for Christmas! Yay!

Katie - sorry you got ice last night - we just got some rain so this storm was not a problem for us.
Kate - I think there is a certain amount of jealously with others when we do work have and keep our bodies in shape. After my mom told my Aunt that I had lost some weight, she told my mom I was too skinny (I have plenty of fat I would love to lose). As long as you are healthy, then I don't think you should worry about it. I like to plan out my meals in the morning so that I don't slip it. If I don't plan I usually have bad eating days and I don't feel good afterwards.
Robin - sorry about all the ice. I hope the temp rises today so you can get to your car
Steph - Sounds like a nice evening out last night. I am glad things are going well.
Shirl - sorry you are not feeling well. I always crave ice cream and milkshakes when I am sick.

No w/o today - must needed rest day

b: oatmeal w/ almonds
l: grilled chicken sandwich
s: leftover veggies, fruit
d: light chicken parm

I hope I can stay away from the leftover desserts today! I can't wait to to take them to work tomorrow.

Colleen

Hey, Colleen! Glad your party went well. Good eats today! And don't you just love rest days? It took me a long time to even take them, let alone enjoy them, but glad to say I do now. The workout after a rest day is always the best one of the week. Regarding what you wrote about planning eats: My RD friend says that I plan what I eat too much. Whatever! I'm a mom - If I didn't plan what I/we eat we'd eat grilled cheese and soup every night! Don't all you moms agree with that? And if you're going to a party you don't NEED to eat every single dish that is offered! Man, I'm on a soapbox today, sorry!

I am snacking on my 9-grain toast right now....mmmmm. Gina is crying (so hard, so sadly) because she wants to play in the snow. I would but the wind is so fierce there's no way any of us are going out. Maybe tomorrow. Ah, the impatience of childhood!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around all week. Been just a tad bit busy. It took me two hours to get home Thursday night from work with the snow. And by the time dinner was done I fell asleep on the couch watching tv. Friday night we went out and bought a snow blower, saturday night we went back out shopping and Sears is now out of snow blowers so lucky we went Friday night.

This past week my eating was less than stellar, it was a coworkers bday and we had cookies, donuts and carrot cake two weeks straight. Now this week coming up is my bday on Tuesday I will be 37, and we are having a Christmas Party at work. I know there will be veggies there cause that is what I am bringing, now I just have to eat them.:7 Plus all of my co workers love junk food so there will be nothing clean there. But I just have to remind myself that I will be in control of the food and the portion sizes that I eat.

I did get an early bday present. DH bought me a bosu. :) It's what I wanted but it didn't come with a valve so I had to take the valve from my ball. Oh well now I have to buy a new ball. I did Amy's Hi/Lo Dome. Lots of fun great core work.

So I'm just watching the snow.

Hi Jenn - Nice to have you back!;-) I hate getting sabotaged too!}( But you're right, you are in control! I'm getting more and mroe curious about the HiLo Dome - need to check that out.

Dinner was great. I was out doing errands and DH wanted me to bring Outback home for him. I had my current fave - romaine, dried cherries, almonds, and a Honeycrisp apple. yumyum.

No cupcakes so far! I think DH ate almost a dozen - I'm SO JEALOUS of his metabolism! At this rate there won't be any to tempt me anyways!:7

Have a good evening!

Hello!

We have really gotten a whollop of a storm!!! 30 cm, so its about waist high!! and all of my house windows are covered, i cant even see outside.

I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words. Yesterday was very stressful, and so is today, but im in control today.

Kate, i think things are coming together for you. I think you and I are similar, and really, the turning point was your talk with DH and his support. Maybe the guilt is from leaving behind old ways and going forward, maybe its not guilt at all.

Jenn, i sabatage myself!! We missed you!

So today so far:

L; mushroom/barley soup, chopped veggies and hummus, yogurt
s: egg whites/oatmeal with yogurt
a few handfuls of DH's light popcorn
d: i think, egg white omelette, ezekial bread, veggies and strawberries, not too sure.
oh, and i had some organic dried apricots.
Not too bad right?
Steph

Steph, Glad things are going better today - you deserve it! Good eats too! Your dinner sounds awesome. The RD I'm friends with - well, when we go out to eat she orders the most horrible stuff to eat - last time we were at Bennigan's and she ordered a Monte Cristo - a deep fried sandwich! Gross! She's like "I maintain my weight so it's okay". Well, she does not maintain her weight. But I hate having to defend my eating choices to a RD for pete's sake!.....Thanks for YOUR kind words. ...... Waist-high snow: how fun! I took Gina (5) on some errands w/ me today. In the parking lot was one of those GINORMOUS mounds of snow as tall as a house and she wanted to climb it. Well, I let her, and she totally loved it. I felt like the coolest mom even tho I was getting some really strange glances from other shoppers. Who cares?!

Goodness, I missed a lot of discussion this afternoon!! And now of course it is after 10 pm, too late to catch up!

Stephanie, I am jealous of your snow!! I want snow!!

I had a busy day of shopping (I think I am finally done with Christmas, except for stocking stuffers), getting groceries, baking cookies, and wrapping presents.

I got cute coffee mugs for each of my co-workers, and then I made wedding cookies and filled eat mug with cookies, and tied them up with red and green ribbons. They are so pretty! I love doing things like that for people!

We have SO MANY presents under this tree, it's ridiculous!

Kate, I totally agree that you MUST plan. Otherwise, I let myself get too hungry and I end up in a drive thru somewhere.

Have a good night ladies, see you bright and early!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.