+-+-+CLEAN/TIDY/THURSDAY+-+-+

Thanks I just brought 2 new red shirts for job. It will be nice to get out of the house and talk to adults.

Nina sorry about FD.

Kate isn't she too big to rock;)

Going to get my hair done and nice summer cut. Boy it's hot this morning.:eek:

Patti I hate endless crunches. I think why do so many when you can do 1/2 as much with 15# weight

bbl

Okay, I'm waiting on the car place to call and say my car is ready--I dropped it off for an oil change this morning. I have old vehicles, so I spend a fortune there, you'd think they could change my oil in less than 4 hours! Oh, well, I'm sure they'll call soon.

Robin, good going on the job! Congratulations. Are you going short with your hair? I used to wear mine super-short (read 1/2"), but grew it out a couple years ago and it was curly! I had stick straight hair my whole life, I don't know what happened. So now I wear it long because it's not that much more work, but it makes me look younger. I'm very vain.

Nina, sorry about the family drama. Take deep breaths and enjoy your walk!

Patti, no worries! Isn't it funny we got our hair done on the same day? I don't have the Pure Strength series, but I've read good things about it. And it's cheaper than STS!

Kate, have so much fun up north! Do you guys go to the Cherry Republic? http://www.cherryrepublic.com/ I *love* their cherry salsa.

Amanda, I don't keep junk in the house either. Cheez-Its are my downfall! They are a once-in-a-while treat, usually while on vacation.

Klaudia, {{{{HUGS}}}}. Your mom is right. You know how easy it is for you to see what she needs to do to improve her health? Same thing--it's very clear to her what you need to do to take charge again. I'm trying to say please follow her advice. I hope it didn't come across mean! Enjoy your friend's visit this weekend! That will take your mind off things.

Katie, I agree about seeing the doctor. But I welcome excuses to rest right now. I hope you feel better soon!

Angie, I'm so jealous you're going to Barcelona. That's my favorite city in Spain. In fact, Venice is the only other city I like better in Europe. Have fun there!

Hi, Kath, how was your run today?

Hi Lisa!

Okay, maybe if I distract myself with work I won't realize how hungry I am and therefore annoyed with my car repair place. bbiab

anne

anne, sorry about the long wait with the car - what a pitn!

robin, how drastic a change will you make with your hair? what is your job description?

i am so frazzled. finn is in nonstop question mode, literally. i find myself losing my patience, and patience is usually my strong suit. i am so sad to be moving. every time we see a friend, i think it is the last time. what can you do, though? so, both boys are down, house is getting clean. time for a little me time , maybe some ub weights to clear my head and prevent wallowing? eats are clean - lets keep it that way!

patti, way to push thru the wo! wrinkles.....grrr
thats so nice maggie has nice hair! our dds have nice hair too. ginas is THICK!!!! so hard to do. isabels is thin....and we're waiting for j to get ANY!:p

nina, so sorry for the fd! will it be better when you move?
vaca is just the 5 of us - aaaaahhhhhh:cool::cool::cool: my sisters might come spend a night w/ us - dds are so excited
LOL @ Finn's questions - that was Isabel. And she still talks. Non. Stop.:p

Robin, She's getting there!:p My big little baby!:D
red - power color! Hope the job situation works out!

Anne, Not a big cherry product fan.:eek: I like the sweet cherries frozen but htat's about it.
Why does it take so long to change your oil??? We're out in 20 minutes.

-
Errandmax done. Out to lunch too. I bought 3 pairs of shoes. ooooops!:p:D

Katie - I feel you on the frustration on getting injured. That's how I felt when my ankle went. Hang in there, it'll get better and as hard as it is, the best thing is to rest your injury. The good thing is that you're in shape so recovery should be quick. Hope the dr. can figure out what is going on.

Angie - I wish we could do a Disney week. My bil lives super close to the one in Cali so when we visit them, we're at Disney all the time. That would be a nice summer break for the girls like you said. A real "break".

Morris - I'm loving every stage of P right now. She just learned to blow kisses today. Is Aidan running all over now? I hear you on childproofing everything. Lot of work for us moms and keeps us on our toes.

Robin - I don't think I could take 650 cals before lunch either. I would have to really try although, it makes sense to take it all in first thing and taper off during the day. There are some granola bars that come close to 200cals. A granola bar and string cheese for snack?

Anne - I hate waiting around for the car. I had to wait forever last time I went. Hope you found something to do.

Amanda - Not having junk around the house is the best bet. I do so much better without it around. How weak is that, but I am a sweet tooth junkie.

Kate - I would loooove to go shoe shopping. How does J do when you go on an errandmax? Are you using your lovely Becco when you go?

Patti - I'm sure you look great. Lately I find myself looking for wrinkles also, egads! I say beauty comes with age!

Hi Klaudia, Collen, Kath!

There was no wo for me yesterday. I was supposed to do P90X shoulder and arms, but down I went with P and woke up at 2am. Yikes! I was supposed to take a quick ten min cat nap, but oh well. So I will be doing that today and eats are clean so far. Going to do some errandmax here as well. Got a Costco run. Thinking of doubling up today. A run maybe.

Lisa

Hi Everyone,

I may have to be really quick because I am busy at work but I wanted to drop in. I did receive my insanity yesterday but didn't have a chance to preview it yet. I got called in by our CIO and he offered me another position in our company at 5:15 yesterday afternoon. He gave me until Friday to think it over. I also had an interview today for a job. So, I spent a lot of time last night talking to Chris about what I should do. I haven't decided yet, but I will keep you posted.

Amanda, welcome to the group.
Robin, interesting calorie breakdown in your Oxygen magazine. I don't think I could do it. Congrats on your new job. Where are you working?
Kate, ooops - 3 pairs of shoes - lol
Katie, sorry about your hip pain. I would see a doctor asap.
Nina, sorry you are sad - hope your workout helps wipe away the sadness.
Anne, if you don't wait then you move to the bottom of the list when it comes to oil change. Hope you get your car soon.
Patti, do you like the PS series? I am not really interested in buying any more DVD's right now.
Klaudia, I hope you got a doctor's appt. Feel better.
Kath, I can't believe DH thinks it is okay for repairmen to just come in. Crazy. Hope you got your run in.
Lisa, sorry about the late night wakeup. Hope you get a workout in today.

Colleen, good luck! I'm sure you'll make the best decision for your circumstances.

Lisa, I didn't work out yesterday either. I got my haircut instead.

Kate, where did you buy shoes? Please spill!

Nina, what's wrong with wallowing? I'm a big fan of the practice, as you know.

Hi to everybody else! I must clarify about the car--the repair place is around the corner from my office, so I dropped it off and walked (10-15 mins) to work. No biggie on a beautiful day like today. Anyway, it was ready right after I posed last, so I walked over and got it and went to lunch. I had pad thai and sweet and sour soup. Pardon? Did I have pork filled, deep fried egg rolls? Well......yes. But I was *starving.* Okay, that may be an exaggeration as I have never felt true starvation, but I was *really*, *really* hungry. And I'm going running tonight. So there!

anne

Anne, ROFLMBO @ your lunch!!!! You CRACK me up!
And I'm glad your oil change place really doesn't need a whole day to do the job!:p
Shoes @ DSW. There were some honeydew green flats I wanted BAD but they were out of my size. Probably a good thing! 3's enough for 1 day!:p

Colleen, Do you like the position you're being offered? Or would you rather try anohter company?

Lisa, I usually come home for naptime but today I pushed thru. Yes, I use my Beco and LOVELOVELOVE it! She just hung out:cool::p:p.
J woke up around 5am and I fell asleep with her til 7:30. Love our snuggling time! Sorry it caused you to miss a WO tho!

=

Still working on packing....I can't wait til we're on the road!!!

Kate, it just dawned on me that you're leaving tomorrow morning. Have fun! Are you going to Sleeping Bear?

anne

Kate: We'll miss you!! Have so much fun and a few good eats. :D

Anne: LOL at your lunch. Have at it girl.

Colleen: I like the PS workouts- she even gives rests in the leg workout. :) They are good solid strength workouts. But she has a head band on and looks kind of like a dark haired Olivia Newton John. :D That doesn't bother me though, she's still Cathe.

Hi Lisa! What are your thoughts on P90X?

I am making pumpkin enchiladas for dinner- yes, that's right. I got the idea from Hungry Girl and switched a bunch of stuff around. I'll let you know if it is inspired or WRETCHED. Wish me luck.

anne, i think no dunes this yr. dont really want to hoof it up there carrying julia!:p i did it last yr very preg tho,, so we'll see:D

patti, youre not getting rid of me that easy!:p:D laptop comes with and internet does too!:D
let us know how dinner turns out! will your kids eat that???

-
dds are packed...and so are my wo dvds!:cool:

Kate: LOL at what you packed...DVDs of course! Are you taking bands or just doing KB for the week? Glad you will have access to us- you might get terrible withdrawl!!! :p

Dinner was GOOD, I admit I was surprised. Kids will not eat it, though I tried. More for me- good lunch leftovers. Here is what I did.

Pumpkin Enchilada Casserole

8 small corn tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can pure pumpkin
1 can refried beans
1 T. chopped jalapenos
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/3 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
3 T. taco sauce
1 T. dry taco seasoning mix
4-5 T. salsa

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion and garlic and, stirring occasionally, cook until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add pumpkin, taco sauce, refried beans, enchilada sauce, jalapenos, cheese and taco seasoning to the bowl. Mix well.

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray and line bottom with salsa. Put down 4 tortillas, then put about ½ of pumpkin mixture on top. Put down other 4 tortillas then other half of pumpkin mixture.

Bake in the oven covered with aluminum foil for about 45-50 minutes, until hot.

Anne - Please take me with you for lunch when you get Thai next time okay? I love Thai food!

Kate - Vacation tomorrow already? Sweet, I'm jealous!

Patti - I like some of the P90X workouts. I have never done them the way they are supposed to be done, but DH has. Good strength builder. I only like three of the workouts. I can't quite pinpoint what I don't like about some of the dvds, but I think it's Tony. Those eyes and voice can get to me. I'm too spoiled with Cathe I think. But then again I have workout ADD. Seriously, I need help.

Getting ready to go for a run in a bit. Eats clean so far today, yay!!! Chicken for dinner tonight.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.