***Clean & Tidy Hump Day***

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Hi ladies! Sorry I've been so sporadic lately. I've been having a hard time logging on to the forums lately. Not sure why. It takes forever to load up and this is the only site that has been giving me a hard time.

Anyway, I've been doing month 2 of Insanity and the Max workouts are a lot of fun. I looked at the menu in the Insanity book and think I'm going to do a somewhat modified version of it. I'm running out of ideas on what to make for lunch and dinners lately.

Kate - Nice to see you back on here! Life can get busy quickly huh? How fun, a trip to CO!! Your girls must be excited!
Nina - Sounds like you've been doing good the last couple days.
Klaudia - I did a candy binge also. I just want to toss all the candy already. Grr..
Robin - I hate when people send their sick kids to school and when coworkers come in sick. What are they thinking????
Wendy - How's the new bathroom? Did you guys ever finish?
Hi Katie, Anne, Becky, Angie, Colleen!

I've been reading, but it's late here and my brain is starting to shut down for sleep. My adrenalin from my Insanity wo is running out now. Max Recovery on schedule for hump day. Hope you guys have a good one!!

Lisa

Morning ladies! Sorry I never made it back yesterday.... Tending to my "patient" turned out to be a bit more involved than I had realized. Chris was pretty out of it for the first half of the day, but then by mid-afternoon he was up and about, doing dishes, laundry, and then he asked to go out shopping to Costco because he was sick of being in the house.

I feel totally lame, but I definitely CRIED yesterday about my husband's teeth:rolleyes: After he was done, they brought be back and he was just laying there half out of it covered with a blanket and he was trying to smile at me and wink at me but he just looked out of it and he was shaking (maybe from the anesthesia wearing off?). My husband it my rock, my protector, and to see him vulnerable like that was SCARY. I tried not to, but I definitely cried. Collin was great, though! He kept saying, "Bishy, didn't the doctor tell you not to talk" when he would talk or "Bishy, didn't the doctor tell you not to eat ice cream today" when I took him for ice cream. (For those of you who don't know this, Collin calls Chris 'Bish':D)

Yesterday's eats were very clean - I did have ONE BITE of pumpkin pie last night. I doubt that bite is going to affect my race performance;)

Last day of lifting for awhile, and I need to go light so I don't tire myself out (lots of runners skip lifting altogether the week before a race).

Have a great day!

Hi LIsa! Good job w/ Insanity! I'm jealous! We've got to get back at it!

Katie, I think it's sweet that you cried - I think I would've felt the same way.
Good job on stopping at 1 bite!
Your race is so close! I wish I could fly out to cheer you on!

-
Errands and housework today and bible study tonight. I hope J's naps cooperate so I can get a lot done!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Everybody sleeping in?:p

I just did MM abs - felt great! I hope I get sore!

off to do my chores and start my oats.....

Morning

Kate good luck with DOMS.

Katie cry-on...that so sweet. Are you ready for your race?

Lisa do you like soups? Good going with Insanity. My selfish co-workers is thinking about her "thin" paycheck and not about her co-workers. My son is asthmatic and the flu may send him to the hospital but she don't care. She has to realize if she comes to work sick that is very hard on her body and it will take longer to heal, or she may get a secondary infection.:rolleyes:

I think I'm going to do Jari Love get extreme ripped (2009). It's a circuit w/o.

morning ladies!

JJ was up FOR GOOD at 4:45... w t heck?? on the pos note, we got blackout shades recently in prep for dh going on overnights next week. they work really well and i feel much more rested even tho im not getting anymore hrs sleep from my little stinker. busy day today, see if i can fit it all in: 10:30 mtg with the ED from a community grp here i'd like to get involved with (dh will have JJ for a whole hour lol). group power class at 12. playgroup after that. hoping JJ will sleep in the stroller btw gym and grp otherwise will have to skip it.

plan to eat totally clean today. asked dh to hide the candy and so far i havent gone rummaging around for it =) im gonna bake br rice and roast brussels, sw pot and parsnips. still have chicken rollups l/o and am getting a little sick of them lol!!

kate, i found a recipe in toscas book for baked br rice... is that the one you use? sending good hard sweaty WO vibes your way!! lets rock it today!! did your dh give up on insanity? wondering if that might be affecting you.

lisa, thanks for reminding me, i never did put pics of the bathroom up! well you all saw the original so it has to be an improvement, lol. will try to get to it today! i have also had periodic probs with this site and this site only, no idea why. some pages dont load and i have to re-try. very annoying.

katie, i was wondering abt lifting heavy right before your race but didnt want to ask! of course you cried seeing dh like that!! dh had all 4 impacted wisdoms out at once, done at the coast guard clinic at his base because he was required. they did a HORRIBLE, long, painful job on him with novocaine only. i will spare you anymore details but it was horrid. sounds like your dh had some good drugs and he sure has a great recovery nurse =)

robin you snuck in on me =) hope you like jari. personally i was not into her first circuit too much, didnt care for her cardio so ive stuck with her all wt wo's. havent tried that new one, tho, so tell me abt it!!

kate, are you making that same apple/oat pudding from before? yay for abs!!

Last edited:
i actually need to go wake my kids up!! anyways, quick fly by....

lisa, i love month 2 wos, but then mon 1 is great too. insanity is fun!!

hi kate - great going with the abs. yeah for doms.

katie, you will rock that race, i know it. collin is a sweetie.

hi wendy. good idea with the halloween candy. i keep throwing more out, what a waste.

great long run this am despite being on the tm. must grocery max today, my week is getting full. i made a kind of yucky chick and veg in crockpot yday. maybe i will just shred the chick for quesadillas. not appealing otherwise. i need more beans for my salads, though:p bbiab. today will be CLEAN AND TIDY

Nina quesadillas sounds good to me.

Wendy 4:45 Yuckie. baked brown rice sounds interesting.

Off to do workout.

Morning!

Ok, yesterday was day 4 of no workout:( At least eats were ok and my weight is at a good place. Today is a slow day so I have no excuses. I think I'm going to do MM per Colleen's suggestion on Monday:)

Katie, I know exactly how you feel! I was like that when Darrin had surgery a few years ago. It was so sad-he woke up crying:( Tough to see your DH like that for sure.

Lisa, great job with Insanity! I'm really itching for some new workouts. I'll have to convince Darrin I need them;) I wish I could throw away the Halloween candy-my girls would be really mad!

Kate, you make me laugh with your "chores" I keep thinking you're going to churn butter or milk the cows;) I love MM abs-hope they give me a burn later too!

Robin, have a good workout! Re your coworker: there's a psa running here in MI with a guy who is bragging about never taking a sick day while he's sneezing and coughing all over his coworkers and they're trying to get him to go home and not infect them by crank calling in emergencies, etc.-funny but very true and important.

Wendy, so jealous of your walking everywhere! Hope you can get everything done!

Nina, my kids were up on their own yesterday when there was no school but today? Had to wake 'em up! I just stocked up on beans too. I should post a recipe for Yugoslavian baked beans-delicious! I'm going to make a spinach and quinoa soup today. I'll post the recipe if anyone's interested:)

Off to have some breakfast...

Becky, here's the soup recipe:

Quinoa Soup with Spinach and Corn
Adapted from this recipe at Cucina Nicolina
I prefer chicken broth (especially Swanson’s low-sodium or Whole Foods regular), but you can certainly use vegetable broth if necessary. This soup is easy to play with, so add any dried or fresh herbs, or seasonings that sound good. If you really want to speed up the process, you could cook the mushrooms in a separate skillet while the quinoa is simmering.

Serves 7-8

2 tbs. olive oil, divided
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced (use white, Portobello, or a combination)
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 large red or white onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 3/4 cups quinoa
8 cups chicken broth
3 cups water
2 cups frozen or fresh corn
12-14 oz. spinach leaves
2 tbs. soy sauce

Heat 1 tbs. of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the water they release nearly evaporates, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until lightly browned and soft. Remove to a bowl and set aside.

Add the remaining oil to the pot and heat to medium. Add the onions, season and cook until soft and browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 2 minutes more and add the chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil, then add the quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover and add the water and corn and return to a simmer. Add the spinach leaves a few handfuls at a time. Add the reserved mushrooms and soy sauce. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors, taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed. Serve as is, or with a poached egg on top.

I haven't made it before so I hope it turns out!

Good Morning Everyone!

Feeling a little better this morning but not 100%. I have a long day ahead of me so I hope I make it. After work I have a meeting to go to from 6:30 to 9:00. It includes dinner so I feel bad skipping especially since someone paid for my meal. I am on the fence about going to the doctor. I feel like it is just a cold that is zapping all my energy. No workout for me, I slept in instead which I needed. I may try tomorrow morning.

Klaudia, please post the recipe - it sounds good.
Robin, if I had the flu I would be home in bed. I don't care how much $ I would lose.
Katie, that is so sweet you cried. I don't know how I would react because I am usually a rock then I lose it at home.
Kate, ^5 on getting abs done in the am. I hope you get everything done today.
Nina, you could always use the chicken on a salad too. Sorry it did not turn out well. That is so frustrating.
Wendy, is JJ still adjusting because of daylight savings? I am glad the shutters are helping. Our friend has them at his beach house and we sleep really well when we go there.
Becky, have a great day!

b: oatmeal w/ almonds
l: grilled chicken salad
s: strawberries w/ yogurt
d: salad, filet mignon, potatoes and veggie (this is what they are serving if I go to the dinner. I usually get fish but their fish entry was crab cakes which isn't very clean).

klaudia, thank you for the recipe. i hear ya on the need for new wos. i need new strength wos. thinking of buying meso 1.....mm sounds great.

colleen, go to the dr! dinner out sounds nice to me, right now, but i hate having to deal with unclean food other people prepare

becky, great wo. how did your pumpkin cookies turn out?

grocery max done!!! whew. aidan was a peach, thankfully. i got some ic for dh's cake. now, i have not bought a container of ice cream in ages, and i got some breyers vanilla. well, i swear, the cartons now are about half the size they used to be!!! it is crazy. luckily i needed every bit ( okay, except 2 spoonfuls:eek:) to make the cake. i put it in some cake pans and am freezing it again so i can just put it between and on top of the cake layers. the sides will get coolwhip i think. little bit of time to play with aidan and make lunches before i go pick finn up. where does the tie go???

Colleen, not sure how it freezes, but I would think fine-kind of like a barley soup, no? And I say go to the doc too. We want you well!

Nina, homemade ice cream cake?! Yum! We don't really celebrate our birthdays, unless it's a biggie so we both have a few years left!

Nina the cake sounds so good. I never tried to make a ice cream cake.

Colleen I think you should go to the doctor if you are not better by tomorrow.

Klaudia good looking soup. I printed it out. What type of beans do you like?
I think beans taste much better when you cook them with chopped veggies.

w/o done I did Jari love Ext Ripped (2009) zzzzzzzz:confused: way to many reps of the same moves. They move so fast that even Jari couldn't keep good form and it was impossible to use heavy-enough weight to make it challenging.No wonder this w/o is $14. I think Chalean is much better. I already sent it back to netflix.

So after wasting 30 min with Ms. Love, I did sts legs:)

eating my veggie/bean chicken soup now

Last edited:
Robin, the soup turned out good! I think it'll be even better tomorrow after it sits:) I sprinkled some parmesan over it too;) I've been looking for a recipe for the Yugo baked beans but the ones I keep finding aren't exactly how my family makes it. Eveyone has their own version. I'll post it then add my changes.

http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/baked_beans_prebranac_or_gravce_na_tavce

When we make it, we use Great Northern beans. My mom and grandma always used dry beans until a few years ago. Now they use both, depending on time.

Easy Yugo Baked Beans

1 48 oz. jar Great Northern beans, rinse optional
1-2 large onions, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic
1 Tbs. paprika
2-3 Tbs. olive oil

Preheat oven to 350*. Heat olive oil in a large sautee pan over medium heat. Add onions, pepper, garlic, and paprika and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Pour into baking dish and bake covered, 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!

*For you meat lovers, you can also add kielbasa (I use turkey) before baking-even better! You can also make this without sauteeing the vegetables. Just mix everything together and bake:)

omw klaudia, that sounds so so good. i love the convenience of canned beans, so i will try it with that and the turkey sausage. i will make that this weekend, and i love that i do not have to saute first. thanks!!!! yeah, dh's 40th warrents a cake, plus, finn would be so disappointed if a bday did not have cake. i on the other hand, do not want it in the house!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.