^*^*^*^Clean & Tidy Friday^*^*^*^

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Sorry for being MIA yesterday. I was reading, but couldn't post much. DS was home sick with a fever and headache. My odd had a meltdown during homework time. I had a Calgon kind of day. No workout, but eats were pretty good. I had a recipe I wanted to share. A sweet potato-turkey loaf that I made the other night and it was healthy and pretty good. I'll try to get it posted by the weekend.

Kate/Patti - The itchy/sore throat virus must be going around because my throat is feeling off also. I hope it stays away!

Robin - Lol about not being able to shop during work hrs.

Katie - Glad you had a nice visit.

Nina - Sounds like you're getting back into your wo routine.

Anne - Awesome job on the half marathon! Even walking it is a victory!

Hi Klaudia, Angie, Colleen, and everyone else!

Sorry for lame personals. I am beat. Hoping to head to bed soon. Need to stay up for one more dosage of tylenol for ds. See you all in the morning!!

Lisa

Good morning & Happy Friday!

Lisa, sorry for the rough day yesterday - sheesh, when it rains it pours, huh? Good for you for keeping the eats clean!
Angie, have fun with your mom during her visit!
Kate, the addition sounds great! What's the verdict - an arm and a leg, or just an arm?
Nina, you amaze me with your moving-unpacking-mothering-and-long-distance-running. How do you do it all?
Klaudia, ^5 on the eats yesterday. Yes, I did my speed work on the TM yesterday. My TM has a screen that shows you a "lap" or 400 meters (1/4 mile), so I did 200 meters fast and 200 meters slow. Soon I hope to do speed work on a track at the high school or somewhere.
Steph, I developed a bit of tendonitis in my hip recently when I started upping my mileage, so I've been taking it easy with my running. Oops, I haven't been consistent with salads at all - I will eat one today JUST FOR YOU, though!
Colleen, my HM training program is 12 weeks, and I *officially* start on Aug 17th. Any more word on the job front?
Patti, thanks for the review of Glute Camp. I am interested in some different endurance-type lb workouts.
Anne, I am so so excited for you and your HM. Can you share any secrets with me - what was the hardest part?
Robin, sorry work is so awful right now. My JCP is having a huge sale this weekend and I am going - it's also our tax-free weekend.

It appears that I got up too late to get in a workout...:rolleyes: Collin got in the bed at 2 am and I didn't sleep well at all after that. I will do it tonight I promise (chest/shoulders/tris)

good morning everyone! i did read last night but was too tired to post. i am still dragging this am - tooo much on my mind to sleep well. but, i am excited for my day - tonight we will be in our new house. yesterday afternoon i got the downstairs vacumned and moped so i could put down some rugs today. i'd say i am 80% unpacked. need to do my closet, sort out wo space, all the important stuff;) eats were spot on, and i did me ub yday afternoon. thisam was a speed interval run and abs. i am still sore from b andg the other day.

lisa, poor dd! i hated homework - too much stress. good job with the eats. hope things calm down for you. your recipe sounds great - pls post

katie, enjoy your salad. not sure what my meals will be after breaqkfast as we have no food at the new house! what weights are you doing these days?

patti, i n=better go back and read your review of glute camp. hmmm, new wos! i also need to see what you decided for your new rotation. i remember looking at it a bit ago and it looked good, but i cannot rememebr what it was. also, i need more recipes:p post away!

anne, that is awesome about your hm!!! you should be so proud. you are sounding pretty upbeat too. are you still seeing the therapist you saw with jim? i miss my person in maine.

robin, imagine the damage if you shopped while you worked!! when do your kids start school?

klaud, sorry for the hot fudge sundae. man does that sound good as i type.... what are you doing with weights these days?

kate, how exciting for the addition! when would it start? how disruptive would it be?

colleen,what is your verdict of insanity so far?

steph, toronto sounds lovely right now. i am trying to adjust to this heat. i'll like it come january i guess.

i love our new house, at least parts of it. the upstairs is small, not much storage, but the 1st floor is huge and airy - lots to clean! my tm is going in the playroom with my weights. elliptical will go in the garage. i barely touch it anyways. dh doesn't want the weight bench in the family room, and i can understand that as it is very open on the 1st floor, so i may get a troy light bar. and some 30lb db's:eek:. hope to bblater, from new house if dh gets internet running

lisa, swt pot....youre a woman after my own heart!
my throat isnt getting worse - hope yours doesnt!

patti, how are you feeling????

katie, wish we had a taxfree wkend! jealous!
strong vibes for your wo tonight!
dds got in our bed too - i took em back tho!:p

no word on the addition. but builderman is coming over today to drop off materials for NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS for our master bedrm!!!! so i think i'll find out then.

no plans for today yet - gotta see how dds are feeling...
wo will be cardio. sthing from the classics i think:)

Morning

Katie Enjoy your trip to Penneys...it is tax free weekend and everything is on sale...except jewelry and some house wears. The store will be open until 11:00pm today. All children cloths are on sale 20-40 %.

Lisa good night.

I'm working today but this eve going back to school shopping.

Enjoy your day girls.

lisa, swt pot....youre a woman after my own heart!
my throat isnt getting worse - hope yours doesnt!

patti, how are you feeling????

katie, wish we had a taxfree wkend! jealous!
strong vibes for your wo tonight!
dds got in our bed too - i took em back tho!:p

no word on the addition. but builderman is coming over today to drop off materials for NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS for our master bedrm!!!! so i think i'll find out then.

no plans for today yet - gotta see how dds are feeling...
wo will be cardio. sthing from the classics i think:)

Hey girl we can shine up our floors together now. Even when it really doesn't need it. What color did you get? My last house I had cherry and now I have a mix tan and brown...natural looking.

nina, HOW ON EARTH do you get all that done w/ 2 lo's!!!!?????
youNEED 30's!!! im ordering a new bar next wk - we fight over ours!:p
id like the addition to start this fall but its prob too late - spring then. it will be VERY disruptive. no kitchen for whoknowshowlong.:eek: not cool. but my monsterhuge kitchen in the end will be soo worth it...i hope, gulp! we do have a kitchenettte in the basement (sink, mini fridge) and would be able to plug in the fridge and micro, but NO OVEN!!!! how can i go w/o an oven!!! i cannot i tell you, i cannot!!!:p:p:eek::eek:

robin, have fun workin and shoppin'!

robin, YOU can shine your floor!;) i have karen, world's best cleaning lady!:p:p:p
i picked walnut - hope its not too dark

Morning! Feeling so-so, thanks for asking. My throat hurt so bad I had trouble sleeping, but now it is not quite so severe. Otherwise I feel pretty much OK- kind of weird. I have UB on tap for today- not sure if it will happen. I hope so.

Kate: SO envious of your new hardwood floors! I would love to do that in our family room and bedroom. The kitchen sounds amazing but I would also panic at not being able to cook.

Nina: Superwoman! I'm so happy you are 80% unpacked! I'll post the recipe here and the rotation, too. I changed the rotation a wee bit from what Debbie had since I didn't want to do a Pyramids/MM week.

Lisa: No workout, but still an amazingly busy day- clean eats are more important in the long run anyway. :)

Robin: Have a good day back at work and enjoy shopping tonight!

Katie: What weight work are you doing with your HM training?

OK, time for breakfast. I didn't eat much yesterday- probably good to have a day like that, they don't happen very often! :p

It's on FB, but in case you don't want to go looking! :)

Fried brown rice

2 cups uncooked brown rice
Leftover chicken (about 7-8 ounces), shredded
1 1/3 cups frozen peas and carrots
1 cup egg whites
Several crushed garlic cloves
½ cup chopped onions

Cook brown rice according to package directions. Spray Pam in pan and add crushed garlic cloves. Fry on medium heat until fragrant, then add peas and carrots. Continue for a while, remove and pour into a bowl. Spray some more Pam, add chopped onions and egg whites in pan. Fry until cooked. Then add the brown rice, chicken and bowl of peas and carrots. Mix them well. Add any seasonings, also some soy sauce.

For entire recipe as written:
1966 cal / 310 carbs / 21 fat / 135 protein / 23 fiber

4 servings, each serving:
491 cal / 78 carbs / 5 fat / 34 protein / 6 fiber

If you don't have any leftover chicken, just throw some in a crock pot with broth, soy sauce and garlic. Or you can boil it on the stove top for an hour or so, cool and shred.

Morning Ladies,

Okay, Toronto smells!!! The city started collecting the garbage yesterday after 6 weeks, and it must have shaken things up! Yuck.

Lisa, i'm sorry about DS, maybe you need another Calgon take me away kinda day.

Katie, That's so crappy about the hip :( But good news about the salads!

Nina, January may be a bit chilly, but hey, we can ski if you want to come to Toronto!!

Kate: Home reno's!!! Yikes, not fun, been there. I think a classic W/O would be fun. I did Imax 2 the other day, and its so nice.

Robin, back to school shopping at Wally world :)

Patti, i hope you're feeling better soon, nothing worse than a sore throat! A cough stinks too actually.

Today, i'm thinking a 30 min interval spin and core work. I'm only here a half day, have a doc's appointment at 1pm, so i have to leave a bit early.
I'll be back to post more!!!

Steph

Recipe looks great, patti! Hopefully your throat doesn't get worse! Ive had a slight tingle but thankfully it hasn;t gotten worse!

Stephanie, That's SO GROSS about the garbage!:eek:
Enjoy your half day at work! Hope the dr appt isn't anything serious.
Anything fun this weekend?

Happy Friday!

I'm going to be kidfree til Sunday afternoon! Woo hoo! I can workout in peace and quiet! Never got around to my 2nd upper body workout (of the week) yesterday so I'll do it today, along with a run/walk and those blasted abs! Tomorrow is legs and Sunday I may go to a kb class and run/walk:) I'm hoping to get some shopping for bts/vacation done tomorrow and some cleaning/organizing. Getting that back to school bug!

Lisa, hope your son feels better. I'm sure my kids will all be sick by October-all those school germs.

Katie, how cool that your tm has that feature! My eats tanked last night-some chex mix, a handful of cheez-its, and a granola bar! Must've been my low cal dinner-only 275 calories (tried my mom's Seattle Sutton) I can't sleep with kids in my bed either!

Nina, you are a machine! 80% done in a week?! I've been doing 2 upper/lower splits per week and 3 days of running. I'll start something new after we get back from vacation-maybe 3 total body/week or another body part/day split. Get the 30s!!

Kate, all your renovation talk has me itching to get stuff done around here! Darrin needs to finish retiling our bath. He also wants build me a workout room in the basement and repaint some rooms. I want furniture and accessories:)

Robin, thanks for the sale notice-I'm going to JCP tomorrow!

Patti, sorry you feel yucky! Funny that you said that about your eating-I told Darrin I needed a hypo incident for the week to help me shed these last 2#s. Sick, I know.

Good Morning Everyone!

Today I did Insanity Pure Cardio and my hamstrings and butt are fried. I don't think I am going to leave my desk today. I guess I am going to have to go lighter on my legs. the workout was amazing and I did have to take one extra break to catch my breathe. I also cheated on the last round and only did half of it.

Steph, I like insanity but I only wish the workouts were longer. Next month they are longer so maybe I will like those more. I do see incorporating them into a rotation when I am short on time or want a change from step.
Nina, ^5 on getting most of your unpacking done. I bet it will be nice to finally be in your new home.
Robin, no shopping during breaks. That really sucks. When I worked retail, I was in a small store but I had a rack in the back where I hid things I wanted.
Kate, I am so jealous that you are going to get a huge kitchen. I agree that kitchen remodels are the worst. Hope it isn't too long and painful.
Lisa, sorry DS is sick. Hope today is better.
Katie, I am thinking about heading to VA to shop tax free this weekend. But then I don't really need anything and I really shouldn't spend money.
Klaudia, kid free this weekend. You are really lucky. Enjoy your quiet time.
Patti, thanks for sharing the recipe. I like Tracey's Glute Camp and upper body but I have to go heavier than her for it to feel like a workout.
Anne, I have never tried qdoba nacho's. Their burrito bowls are pretty good.

My word, y'all are chatty this morning!

Colleen, I hope your glutes and hams feel better soon! That sounds like a great work out.

Klaudia, when do you go on vacation? It's soon, isn't it?

Kate, do you have a toaster oven? Will that help while the remodeling is going on? It sounds fantastic.

Steph, sorry for the stink, that's no fun. Don't you love leaving work early, though?

Patti, I hope your throat feels better. Summer sickness is the worst.

Robin, enjoy your shopping tonight!

Nina, your new house sounds great. I was reading a running magazine on the train back from Chicago and they said it takes about two weeks to acclimate to hot temperatures. I thought of you! At least you like running early in the morning, that's the best time in that heat.

Nighty-night, Lisa! I hope your ds is feeling better.

Katie, I don't have any real secrets, except to walk when you need to. You have such a good base and are so consistent with your work outs that you won't have any problems. I'd say the last two miles were the toughest. We just walked those, but I had quite a lot of pain by then in my feet, knees, and hips. You'll do great, though!

Hi, Angie, is your mom enjoying her visit?

Did I miss anybody?

I'm working at home today, so I haven't had a shower quite yet. Lots to do, so I better get busy!

anne

kl, dds going to your parents?
sorry forthe snacking....but today is a new day...focus!:D

c, that wo sounds great!! loooove a sore butt!:D

anne, did you get the train in el? we did from kzoo - cheaper!
hope you have a productive day!
i dont have a toaster oven but i have an electric skillet & crockpot that can see us thru.

-
the addition isnt for sure yet....need to see $$$$. i wont do it unless i can have my 8burner, double oven viking! in other words, if i would have to compromise on what i want for the kitchen we'll just scrap it. i want my pro-kitchen, baby!:p

cs done....love it!

my moms coming ovr to visit soon. i had wanted to do some errands but she doesnt come over often so i guess we'll go later.

MIS upper body done! I had to take DS down with me- used the portable DVD player and snacks to bribe him into being quiet(ish). It mostly worked- had to pause a few times to make sure he stayed out of the way. But hey, he's two, so I think it went pretty well.

Throat isn't 100% better but a bit- weirdest thing ever.

Klaudia: Still not hungry really- it's like a Christmas miracle in August, lol. Snacks didn't sound too bad to me. Enjoy your kid free time- being away really helped me. I feel so much more patient and in the moment, if that makes sense. We're all happier!

Kate: I like how it's no compromise on the kitchen! :D

Colleen: I agree about Glute Camp, but I did MIS legs first so I didn't go too much heavier except for deadlifts. Really, 20 pounds? :rolleyes: I like hearing your Insanity reviews, btw. Keep 'em coming!

Anne: Envious of your no shower yet morning- enjoy the quiet.

Steph: Ewww on the trash smell- never thought about that in the event of a strike.

Gotta go- parents coming over and we're going to the park for a picnic and to feed the fish.

Patti, ^5 to you AND max!!!
And ITA - I'm a much happier mommy with a little time out and about by myself.:):)
Have a fun outing with your parents!

-
Lunch (clean!) is done and cleaned up...DDs are having quiet time....so I am too!:cool:

Sweet Potato-Turkey Meatloaf

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato of choice - I used yams and it came out yummy!
1 lb ground turkey
1 large egg
1 small onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup honey bbq sauce or any bbq sauce of choice
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 slices bread for bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease baking dish.
Peel and cut up sweet potato then cook in boiling water.
Remove potato and mash or whip up potato until smooth.
Mix ground turkey with the egg, chopped onions, minced garlic, bbq sauce, ketchup, Dijon mustard, and bread crumbs in large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the whipped sweet potatos and stir until evenly combined. If the mixture is too wet for your liking, you can add more bread crumbs or ground turkey.
Put mixture into baking dish.
Bake for 1 hr or until cooked thoroughly.

woah!!! whered everybody go?????

looks good lisa!!!

we were at inlaws for dinner tonight. no dessert for me!!!! and there was toooons of it. wtg me!:D
did some bts shopping w/ dds before that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:mad: dang!

still gotta do my cardio tonight.... maybe step heat???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.