####clean-it-up-hump-day####

Kate, go for a run, pretend that the merigues are chasing you:p I would love to see the taco recipe.
Anne, so exiting about Alexa. You guys are gonna have so much fun with her. You must post pictures!

Very good day and night. Collin got a stellar report at the Dr, he is very tall and thin and health. We got a new Rx for the eczema that he is sure to work. Once home, Collin stayed interested in the cupcake decorating for a good while but then I lost him to that creature who lives in a pineapple under the sea...:D

tacos.....mmmmmm

note - i just made the beef and we ate them like tacos. well, mine was as salad, but you get it....
dont omit the chilis/adobo - so much flavor!

Ultimate Spicy Beef Nachos
Serves 8

Top with our One-Minute Salsa, sour cream, chopped cilantro, and diced avocado.

Refried Beans
1/2 cup refried beans , canned
3 tablespoons shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeño chile

Spicy Beef
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 small onion , chopped fine
3 cloves garlic , minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound 90% lean ground beef
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 medium canned chipotle chili , chopped, plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons lime juice

Assembly
1 bag tortilla chips (9 1/2 ounce)
4 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
2 jalapeño chiles (medium) , sliced into thin rings
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees.

2. For the beans: Pulse ingredients in food processor until smooth. Transfer to bowl and cover with plastic wrap.

3. For the beef: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Cook onion until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add beef and cook, breaking meat into small bits with wooden spoon and scraping pan bottom to prevent scorching, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, sugar, chile, and adobo sauce and cook until paste begins to darken, about 1 minute. Add water, bring to simmer, and cook over medium-low until mixture is nearly dry, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in lime juice and transfer mixture to plate lined with several layers of paper towels. Use more paper towels to blot up excess grease.

4. To assemble: Spread half of chips on large serving platter or 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Dollop half of bean mixture over chips, then spread evenly. Scatter half of beef mixture over beans, top with 2 cups cheese and half of jalapeños. Repeat with remaining chips, beans, beef, cheese, and jalapeños. Bake until cheese is melted and just beginning to brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve with salsa and other suggested garnishes.

katie, yay collin!
lol re spongebob!! dds love it! i think thay was the highlight of chicago for them!!
how are the cupcakes???!!!!!
and lol abt the run!!!

must go to bed!

kate, have fun with the cardio. glad you like the merengues!

katie, great dr report! my kids will never be tall, lol, or thin probably:D

klaud, great job with the wo. we are our own worst critics for sure. i don't necessarily feel better about what is in the mirror after exercising, but i feel better about not thinking about the mirror when i exercise, if that makes sense.

anne, have fun at petsmart!

good day here. wish tomorrow was a home day:( hope to have a nice long run outside in the am. hope to check in at luinch. night all

Collin is ADDICTED to SpongeBob! Thanks for the recipe Kate! Morris, Collin's dad is very tall. Collin is on track to be over 6 ft tall. Right now he is 43 inches tall and 42 pounds -- he has a very lean and muscular build. Lucky dog!:p

Sleep tight Morris! Hope work goes good tmrw!

Katie, Thats what Isabel weighs and she'll be 5 next month!!! LOL! Not sure of her inches - but shes a bean pole!:D THAT she gets from her DAD!!!!

Did my cardio tonight - thanks for the motivation, Klaudia! Also did YogaAbs.

Good night everybody!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.