Clean and Tidy - TGIF June 15

Glad to hear you all are doing great. Frankly, my week sucked. I had people over all week long after we returned from our trip and there was too much junk lying around...pizza, cookies, fried chicken, chips, etc...I did not cave in and really "eat" anything, but I did on occasion "pick" at stuff.x( Not a good week. I did however get all my workouts in!

Plus we have to fly out to Baltimore and Florida (we travel alot for business reasons) and will not be back until Tuesday. Sigh. I hate to travel, my workouts suffer. But I vow to make sure I eat clean, which is actually pretty easy to do, I am an expert at sniffing out salads, veggies and fruit on any menu plan/airport!:)

Today's workout is Back-Biceps-Cathe's PS I think. I did her chest,triceps and shoulder workout (PS) last night. I was a nice change of pace even though it is an older workout.
Oh, and instead of PlyoX yesterday I tried Cathe's new Body Max, cardio timesaver premix--not bad!:D Had fun doing it, which never happens with a step workout-I have 2 left feet. This AM will either be Spinning or the cardio mix from Drill Max.

You all have a great weekend!

Good afternoon ladies! I wasn't around yesterday because I took half a day off to shop with my MIL & SIL. We had a healthy salad for lunch but then, my DH & I had to do some painting so we didn't get a chance to eat until after 9:30. All was well until then. We ended up eating fast food & I got a thin sliced chicken sandwich & I didn't hold the mayo. I also indulged in a couple of beers to relax from working so late & so hard. Oh well. Today is probably not any better to report so perhaps I should just leave it until Monday. Like Tneah, I'm glad I got in all my workouts at least. I also got one of those huge water bottles while I was shopping y-day so I'm hoping that will help me get all my water in each day from now on.

Good job to everyone else keeping up the good work this week. You are all an inspiration & I'm glad to be in such good company. Hope you have a great weekend. I probably won't be around over the weekend so I'll see you back here again on Monday.

Take care!

Today was pretty good for me. More of the same, cereal for breakfast, veggie rice with lentils for lunch, supper was baked chicken with green beans and carrots. I did really well with the mashed potatoes (with just salt and pepper) up till the end. Then DS (7), had his THIRD enormous serving of mashed potatoes WITH gravy and I succumbed. I had another (small) helping with gravy. Oh, well. It was certainly yummy! And we had lunch at a friend’s house, and while lunch was very tidy, the 10 yo son offered us snickerdoodles that he had made himself, and I had to at least taste them. So I had a half. His baking abilities were quite impressive!

Oh, and I squeaked in my 64 oz. of water.

Kim—You’re in Australia? I’m in Africa! So we’ve got quite the international thread going here! I always feel crazy posting what I’ve eaten already for the whole day when I know everyone in the US is just getting up. But you’re hours ahead of me! What time zone are you in? I’m 2 hours ahead of the Greenwich standard.

Patty—the chips and guac got me last night, too. I figure the guac at least is healthy fat. And I just had 4 chips!

Stephanie, Tneah, and Lorie—more hugs to you. I say “amen” to Robin’s advice: even great relationships go through tough times. Robin, you’re a wise lady.

Vilma—why are you trying for 128 oz of water? I thought eight 8 oz glasses was supposed to be good, plus whatever you need to replenish after a workout. You’re aiming for double that. Does more flush your system or something? (Is it even possible to drink too much water?)

Jess—2nd breakfast and hobbits . . . are you a Lord of the Rings fan? Our family LOVES those books and movies!

I’m laughing at the Dentist Diet, girls!!

Laura

Patty - thanks for the link to worldtimezone.

Laura - we are 10 hours ahead of GMT. It is currently 6.38 a.m. here Saturday morning. I am about to go and do Pyramid upper body. I also feel funny posting what I have eaten for the day when everyone else is getting up.

Have a great Saturday everyone. Talk tonight.

Kim:)

Laura ~ Yep, huge LOTR fans here too. My dh seems to know every little detail about hobbits! ;-) (I think he's read the books at least 5 times!) I wondered if anyone caught that! Your ds sounds like my dd, she loooves mashed potatoes. I drink at least 120 oz of water a day, it works for me. My body is used to it, if I drink less than 100 oz I can feel it. It does help flush toxins out, helps keep me feel full, and plus I sweat a lot when I work out!!

OK, today is not turning out to definitely be more tidy than clean for me. After my annual exam, we all went to our favorite Chinese buffet. I picked the cleanest options, some plain veggies (broccoli, tomatoes, and cucumbers), and then had some chicken & broccoli, PB Chicken (ok, probably not even tidy there!!!), teriyaki chicken, about 4oz salmon, and then had some fruit for dessert. Could have been much worse, I didn't let myself go back more than twice! (well, for myself, had to take my dd's back numerous times!! LOL)

It's PMS time for me, so for my snack I had 12 honey wheat pretzels dipped in NM PB. Could have been much worse though, I made myself leave the kitchen!!! :p

Thank you so much for the codes Lorie. I downloaded the strength and sculpt workouts. I don't have elliptical, treadmill, equipment etc. I haven't used these before either, so am looking forward to trying. Thanks Kim:)

Patty - thanks for the link to worldtimezone.

Laura - we are 10 hours ahead of GMT. It is currently 6.38 a.m. here Saturday morning. I am about to go and do Pyramid upper body. I also feel funny posting what I have eaten for the day when everyone else is getting up.

Have a great Saturday everyone. Talk tonight.

Kim

:)

>
>
>Vilma—why are you trying for 128 oz of water? I thought eight
>8 oz glasses was supposed to be good, plus whatever you need
>to replenish after a workout. You’re aiming for double that.
>Does more flush your system or something? (Is it even possible
>to drink too much water?)
>
>
>
>Laura
>

I was told that it helps flush your system - also I live in the SE and it gets very hot - I'm trying for more water intake so my lips don't feel so dry, at the moment I'm drinking 96 oz sometimes I make other times I don't

There is lots of social eating at work, but it is easier because I just eat whatever's in my cooler when everyone else is eating their stuff. I know what I am going to eat for the day because I have packed my cooler and have it all there. I also just avoid it when they bring in cakes and other goodies. Not being on a schedule makes it difficult because I don't want to bring a cooler to the mall or bring my own food to a restaurant. Still, I was proud of myself that I had a frozen yogurt and didn't really think about it after. My new goal is to try and make the cleanest choices I can when I am out.

Carola, my gal!!! You always seem to know when I need one of your pep talks!!! :) :) :)

Thanks!

If Pepper's temp is dropping I think the puppies are coming soon...don't worry. She will be fine. You know you can call me (day or night) for anything or any questions you have (or anxieties!!!). I can't wait to see those adorable pups!!! That daddy is a real looker and Peppi is just gorgeous. What a proud grandma you are going to be! :)

I try to drink at least 128 oz. of water but usually end up drinking more. I find the more I drink, the clearer my skin is and the better I feel. I drink 32-64 oz. right when I wake up then a bunch throughout the day. I really love water. I have given up all diet sodas, Crystal Light, etc. and I don't miss it at all. I never really drank that much to begin with as I've always loved water.

I do think it's possible to drink too much water but I think it has to be an ENORMOUS amount and maybe all at once. I don't think any of us have to worry!!!

Happy drinking...

Hi, Everybody!
I didn't do well at all today (or the last couple of days, either). Breakfast and lunch were okay, but then I started snacking and didn't stop until I was miserable. Yep, it's pms time! I wish I could just wire my jaws shut for a couple of days each month! And I've only worked out once this week due to Vacation Bible School and other things. Luckily, the scale says I have stayed the same, but my energy level has suffered this week, too. Oh, well, I'm not throwing in the towel--I'll work out tomorrow morning with full force! Anyway, I'm glad to hear most of you are doing great with the challenge. I bought some quinoa last weekend and haven't used it yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll try the "Quintessential Quinoa" recipe from Tosca's book. How long does quinoa stay good, and should I refrigerate it? I know you're supposed to refrigerate brown rice, so what about quinoa? I hope you all have a good weekend, and thanks for the inspiration and motivation!
Valerie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.