Circuit workouts...

aila212

Cathlete
I did one tonight and realized how much I hate them! I have tried to tolerate them & I just can't stand them. It's really a shame because I have so many (Cathe, Donna Read, Janis etc.)and have to force myself to do them. Please tell me someone else feels this way? What can I do about this? I think it's very important to cross-train (which I do), but the circuits just don't click with me for some reason.

I don't know how to get you not to hate them. Maybe don't do them as often? I like them for the day after a vacation or break, so I hit everything a little, but nothing really hard. Or if I'm trying to fit a cardio and a little resistance work into one single day for some other reason. I don't do them a lot, but they have their place in my world.

That could be my problem. Maybe I should do them less often. I have been doing them once a week. I think i'll only do them every few weeks or so. Thanks for your input:)

I have always disliked circuit workouts. When I'm warmed up for cardio I want to do cardio, and not stop to pick up weights. Same for weights. I just don't switch gears that easily. I have noticed that I actually like bootcamp though. I never expected to like a circut workout, maybe I'm going through some major life changes :0). Goes to show that nothing is forever.

Have you tried Circuit Max yet? It has three Hi/lo sections and three step sections (about 5mins ea.) with 2 min. of weights in between, that you could skip or as others suggested you could crank it up by adding plyo moves or more leg work. My hr stays up during the weight sections, at times even goes higher. It's a great work out. I like cardio first then weights but not mixed together.

Linda:)

There's another circuit workout that's real good, and it's not Cathe. It's Patrick Goudeau's Body Design. It's not dancy AT ALL and he sure works ya! I didn't think I'd like it but now I LOVE it and would do it everyday if I could.

I love circuit workouts, although I rarely do them as produced. I usually use them for an all out cardio-lower body challenge and have seen dramatic results. Try the gauntlet doing only lower body,just modify to heavier weights on the compound moves and omit upper body, and then do step ups during the upper body sections. That is one of my favorites.

Tracy

I like to modify circuit workouts as well to make them a full tilt upper or lower body blast. This morning I did CircuitMax, while Cathe did compound weights I did heavy leg work. A-Jock suggested this and it's an awesome workout, I sweat buckets, spun off a ton of calories and got a great buzz going in the legs, pretty good for an hour's work.}(

Take Care
Laurie:)

I to love circuit workouts.I could do them everyday of the week.Time goes by so fast for me when doing circuit workouts.Now kickboxing...a whole different ball game.
I really don't have any advice for you though.Do you own a treadmill?
I do both together, maybe you would enjoy that more? I run for 5 min, get off, do a circuit and I just continue like this till the workout is over.Maybe for you, you could stay on the treadmill for 10 min and just do 1/2 of the workout.Or you could only do 1/2 of a circuit workout and then do 1/2 of a full cardio workout.Then do the remainer of both videos later in the week?
Just a thought,I know how hard it is to hate something but feel the need to do it.I love the way kickboxing makes me feel but I always have to force myself to do it.
Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.