Chocolate addicts, where do you get your fix?

winsomehill

Cathlete
I'm looking for ideas to get a low fat, lower cal chocolate fix. At least once a month, I must have some chocolate!! I like the nutz over chocolate Luna bars, and Healthy choices chocolate ice cream is yummy. Anybody, have any good ideas?
Heather

I like Russel Stover sugar free chocolates. But you can't eat too many or you'll be in the bathroom! Helps with the portion control lol.

I love the no sugar added hot chocolate. 25 calories a cup, it's a nice little treat at night with a good book. :)

Lori

I just go for the real thing. Usually a few hershey's kisses will cure what ails me! Once a month will not kill anyone ;)

Otherwise, sometimes a hot chocolate, frozen yogurt, chocolate protein shake, or fudge ice pop will do the trick!

A pack of Nabisco 100 calorie packs (Oreo flavored) crumbled with Haagen-Daaz lowfat yogurt. Deelish!!!!

Hi Heather. I was wondering if I should start a thread like this and you beat me up to it LOL! Hi my name is Hilda and I'm a chocolate addict :). I would love to read all the suggestions. When I want a fix I buy a bar of Hershey's special dark (full fat full calories) and I eat one of two squares. My family eats the rest of it.

>I just go for the real thing. Usually a few hershey's kisses
>will cure what ails me! Once a month will not kill anyone ;)

I agree with you!

I just go for the real thing and I don't over do it. Right now I am eating a small piece of a chocolate bar every day after work until it's gone. Keeps me satisfied and it is such a small amount I know it's not hindering me....After it's gone I may not look for chocolate again for weeks or months...:)

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

Has anybody ever tried Ridder Sport chocolate? I get them at Trader Joe's. It's made in Germany, and it is SO GOOD. I just get one bar on the weekend and share it with my boyfriend. It's not low cal or low fat, but it's such quality stuff that even a little makes you satisfied.

i make my oatmeal with unsweetened baking cocoa, natural peanut butter and splenda... to die for.. healthy.. and very chocolatey!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

desertbriez,
How much chocolate, peanut butter, and splenda per how much oatmeal? Thanks!
Angela:7

Jello instant sugar free - fat free chocolate pudding is VERY good - and you can mix it with Fat Free Cool Whip for a mousse.

1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk (or water.. i prefer the flavor of milk.. i use light soy vanilla)
dash salt (you need the salt for it to taste good!)
1/2 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
2 packets of splenda

of course.. these are all to taste.. but i experimented with less and hubby and i like these amounts!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I have 10 pieces of M&Ms everyday.:9 It's a habit I've tried to break but I just CAN'T! That's probably the reason I can't get rid of those last 10 (maybe 15 by now) pounds!:eek:

I thought I read about the pb/chocolate oatmeal recipe on this forum! Since I read about it, I prepare my oatmeal this way nearly all the time now. It is really yummy! Sometimes I even mix a sliced banana in with it, or just do pb/banana, or chocolate/banana. Thanks for the recipe!:9

Pure DeLite milk chocolate bars. O M G - they are to DIE for. They're imported from Belgium, sugar-free, super rich with *real* chocolate taste and texture. Very low carb, but not low calorie, so don't go crazy. :)

I have given up chocolate for the most part, at the request of my acupuncturist.

When I did indulge, it was rich, dark chocolate, or a chocolate soy beverage.

Now I've replaced that once-a-month chocolate need with pistachios. (My acupuncturist said that one reason women crave chocolate near TTOM is because of the high copper content, which pistachios have also. It's supposed to mimic some hormone.)

Dove chocolate promises! Just a few satisfies my craving. Sometimes I eat them with a few Almonds and I pretend I am eating chocolate covered almonds!

I snack occasionally on chocalate graham crackers, but that chocalate/natural peanut butter oatmeal recipe sounds awesome!

Tammy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.