Chinup Check In 9/15/06

Hey Chins! None for me again today (sigh). I did L&G yesterday and will do some power yoga for the first time in a while, being careful with the sun sals so as not to aggravate the dumb injury. What's everyone else up to today?

Adri...watch your mouth girl - there shall be no bad mouthing donuts on this site!!

Sooooooooooooosan...are you still planning a P90X rotation? I'm thinking that for those who are chin challenged it may be wise to utilize Cathe's strength workouts for a good few years before trying the chin thing. And I know many of you have been doing her strength, but I mean really focusing on gaining strength with her weight workouts. I remember LONG ago I did her tank top rotation and I did it for at least a year with some other things thrown in, but not much deviation. I think it takes a LOT of weight work to get to a place where you can safely attempt chins and for some it may NEVER be safe. Life will go on without chins, but never without donuts....I mean weights (sorry I slipped there). I think what helped me quite a bit was when AJ prescribed her heavy weight routine to me (this after being in the tank top rotation for a long while) and I got to experiment with weights that "I" could lift rather than what the Cathe crew was doing. This broke my mind away from doing what "they" were doing and pushing beyond to MY max.

I'm just throwing out ideas here.

I did MM on Monday and when I was in a deep squat I felt my left knee give. I haven't had any problems with my left knee so this was a bummer. I continued all the upper body exercises, but anything that made me bend my knee to a 90 degree position caused a sharp pain. I iced it afterwards and am doing fine walking steps, but if I skip a step, I can't pull the rest of my body up due to the pain.

So I took yesterday off, and then today, as advised by the triathlon training ie oxygen magazine and some sweet person who responded to my triath posting in OD, I proceeded to try the "transition". So I biked 10.5 miles and then promptly put my bike down and ran 3 miles (almost 3). My knee hurt for the first few pedals and then it seemed to settle down - weird, but I'm happy about it. I'm tired - God did NOT make me a runner!

Briee

**High Five*** Deb!!! That's great. I do have to admit, I am crazy with jealousy!! I was at 4 &3/4s chins a little over a month and a half ago and now it's been all down hill since!! But I digress. Congrats!!

Briee, sorry to hear about your knee. Hope it heals quickly!!

Adri, I warned ya about the donut comments LOL!!

Waving hello to all!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Glad to see a little more action here at the CUCI!

Boybert, way to go! You'll be at 10 by the end of the year. You're my hero.

Briee, I don't know if it was the chins that started this whole thing for me or not - I guess it was. I WAS going to do P90X, but since I haven't done UB for 2 weeks, I won't be doing it for a while, and I'm going to hang up the chins for a while too. I did the TTR last summer and did gain strength and definition, but I didn't stick with it long enough. Maybe I should try it again for a longer time after this injury heals. Would you mind posting a rotation for me, either the one you got from AJ or a version of the TTR using current vids (maybe throw in P90X S&A and possibly Cathe's new workouts somewhere)? Just make sure to include some yoga.;-) Also, I tend to keep my cardio short and intense, usually about 30-40 min. Otherwise I get too skinny. Plus the shorter time allows me to fit in more yoga.:)

Catherine, you're still my hero, too, even if you've had this set-back. The fact that you almost got to five in such a short time is absolutely amazing to me. I hope your sciatica allows you to get back at them; if not, as Briee says, it's not the end of the world if you can't do them. Being fit and strong is more important.

Waving hi to everyone else out there in Chin-Land!:)

Hey Chinsters!!!
Sorry I haven't checked in for about 2 days. I did Pull-ups Monday for a back exercise. I did 2 sets, 1 was 9 reps and the other 8. These were widegrips. I didn't have anymore strength to do any regualar chins x( But I still felt it wicked with the pulls}(

Sorry about the donut thing:+ Just a joke:+ I haven't eaten a donut for years. Now Briee brings it up and it feels tempting}( Thanks to Briee;-) JK I love yea girl!

Well its Wednesday morning about quarter after 7 and I gatta finish gettin ready for school. I had to study for a history quiz last night or I would have checked in. Hope I do well today!

Hi to Catherine, Janie, Joanne, Melody, and Boybert. I love you guys:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.