Chin-Up Check In Sept. 4

Hey ladies!
Today was back, chest, abs, and 30 minute cardio at they gym. And yes I did pull-ups for one of my back exercises. I did 2 sets of 9. The long handed way. I didn't do the one where your hands are closer togather cuz that ingadges the biceps alittle and I did them yesturday so they gatta rest.

How is everyone else? What did you guys do today for w/o?

Talk to ya later. Take Care!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri, WTG on the pullups!! Can I ask what "long handed way" is?? I

I just posted this a few minutes ago on the other chinup thread- I'll paste it here:
Did some chins today. Again, not great numbers but getting better.
Also did Low Max step only and it didn't seem to aggravate the sciatica.
Keep telling myself, anythings better than nothing.

Has everyone had a good holiday?

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hey Catherine!
The pull-ups I did today I don't think are called "long handed" but thats what I call them. Its when you put your hands farther away from each other, ingadging the lats more, rather than putting your hands closer togather ingadging the biceps. Hope that was a better explanation:)

My Mom had a sciatica nerve problem last January. It took her 3 months to fully recover. She also got a charlie horse in her calve from it. She knows how it feels. It used to stop her in her tracks and she'd have to sit down for a while. She lost alittle of her muscle cuz she couldn't work out, but she's almost back to normal now.

Anyway...keep working hard. I think your doing great;-) All of you are!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi Catherine,
Ya my Mom does. She has to come w/ me to the gym becuause I'm not allowed to go alone till I'm 16. Stupid gym rulesx(

Yes, that was what I meant, wide grip. I couldn't think of the name.

Yes, my moms over sciatica. I took a while though to get over it. She could barley get in and out of the car without pain let alone go work out for 3 hours!!!! Its terrible. I hope your doing well:)

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Catherine would you tell Adri "way to go on the pullups" for me. You know I'm not allowed to speak to her.;-) Oh wait, I'm not suppose to speak to you either. Ok, you guys who do pullups and chinups just read this and pretend I'm talking to Sooosan or Janie (love ya S & J:* )

Would one of you tell Catherine I'm glad to her she has some improvement. And I'm with her on the "something's better than nothing" as I'm slowly working my way back up to killer intensity after the lay-off.

Have a good evening ladies. I'm off to race Wil around the decks in his wheelchair.:7

Fine Melody be that way}( }( :+ O come on, you know you love me and Catherine:p LOL

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Of course she loves us!!

Mel, just be sure to ease back into your workouts. We can not be having any more injuries around here LOL!!! I've decided not to be so obsessed with numbers and just do what I can. Of course I have to constantly remind myself of that. So never mind me talking to myself:7 :+

Catherine

Did someone say something?:p :+

Of course, I loves ya'll. I've got to stop coming back to this computer...been here waaaaaay too much today.

ETA; Briee, I can't believe I haven't told you that Wil is eating donuts daily to aid his recovery. He loves the chocolate covered ones, so does his mom.:9

LOL Melody. O know accually that was just the wind:p

Take Care ladies!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Wow! Little Miss - you are strong all right! Please keep this up after your gymnastic days are over - those pullups will serve you well into your adult life! No pullups for me today, but will do them tomorrow. I've been doing them only twice a week, but I'd like to bump that up to 3 times a week. I'm almost half-way there to matching your nine in a set! Not bad for a 56-5/6 year old granny!

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Wow, Adri! 2 sets of 9 wide-grips! When I was your age, I couldn't pass the Presidential Fitness Test because I couldn't even hang over the bar for the required 20 seconds or whatever it was. You are one strong kid! When do you start school?

I'm going to be gone all day today, so no time to work out. Hope the rest of you are chin-chinning away!:)

Hey Sooooosan!
I start school this thursday. Yea I did 2 sets of 9 widegrip but I was planning on 10 for both, but when I got to 9, yea that was it;-) Next time for pull-ups for me is saturday when I do chest & back

Have a great day ladies!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

So you work back twice a week?

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Hunoybunch, thanks for your kind words you said above;-) I hope by the time I'm 20 I can do 15 widegrips}(

Take Care!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri....SUPER JOB!! I'm curious how wide you are going, shoulder width or wider? Wide are REALLY tough. I did a set of 8 close grip the other night and that was my best for pullups. I normally do chins and then do wide pullup negatives. Also...are you doing pullups or chinups (palms facing away or facing you?). You just keep going girl and you'll be doin pullups for life (and Soosan will never speak to you:p :p ). We'll start callin you Junior HB.

Soosan, how's your back doing and how is the weather out there? Hopefully all is okay!!

I did Chest, shoulder's and tri's yesterday and I'm SORE!! Haven't done this in a while. I've been doing a lemon juice cleanse and my calories are pretty low (very low carb) for the day so I'm wondering if this aided in the soreness. Have no idea...I just don't remember being this sore in a LONG time. Weird thing is I felt like I was tired during the workout and didn't do half what I normally do and I was twice as sore. Hmmmm.. I did drink Catherine!!! Isn't the body interesting!! I'm completely intrigued as to how it responds to eat/drink/exercise.

Have a great day all!!!

Melody....who won the wheelchair race?? Tell Wil we all send hugs!

Briee

Catherine....Forgot to add, I sure hope that sciatica is improved soon!! I HATE INJURY! (don't we all).

Also...Melody...tell Wil that he should heal really quick with all those donuts!!!!

And Soosan...just read the other thread that I missed and glad your power is back - so sad that kids must go back to school though!! ;) ;)

Briee again

Briee- When I did the widegrips, they were alittle wider than shoulder width, and not the chin-ups, just the pull-ups with you hands facing the other way. I know those are a lot harder and kick in your lats. Thats why I can only do 2 sets of 9 that way, and the chin-ups closegrips, well, last time I did them at pratice we had to do 2 sets of 15. I'll do some of those Saturday when i do back and chest.

Melody-How is Wil doing? I've been praying:)

Hi to Catherine, Sooosan, Briee, Melody, Janie, and anyone else who posts here (can't rememeber everone yet:D)

Take care!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey all!! I did a very modified IMAX 2 today and it felt so good to be working out!! I haven't lifted a weight in a week and a half x( x( But things are getting better so that is good.

Sooooooooooosan are you still planning to start P90X?? How's your neck or was it shoulder?

Briee, I love chest shoulders and triceps!! What about Ab ripper X???? Uh huh, caught ya didn't I. Oh well, I'll give ya that consider the little that I am working LOL!!

Where's Joanne, did she leave us?

When is Janie back?

HB can not wait for your next report!!

Adri, well, I think I am gonna join Soooooooooooosan in not speaking to you :+ JK!!

Debbie, are ya still with us?

Mel, I left Will a message on his site!!

Catherine

Catherine-I will never leave you guys :)

I just haven't had much computer time lately.

I did CTX upper today and I made a mistake and didn't do my chins first. I will have to work on them on Thursday.

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.