Chin THIS 10/24

If freestyle is endurance type lifting...I'M NOT DOING IT. I'm going as heavy as I can. Maybe thats why no one answered my freestyle question over in OD except for AJ who is VERY understanding - at least for wrong-termers like me. My chest, shoulders and bi's are SO sore I still can hardly move. I may take drugs today!!! (ie motrin)Just so I can workout again. Weird thing is I worked chest shoulders and tri's....but it's still my bi's that hurt. Haven't been THIS sore in a long time. Have fun at your class Debbie - wish I could come!!

Catherine....what are you planning tonight??? When do you start? (irritating isn't it - but it helped me!!)

Briee

Hey! I just finished Yoga X in its 90 min entirety. Man, I love that workout! I keep forgetting to breathe normally now that I'm done - I'm still breathing through my nose.

BTW, both Sony and Cathe e-mailed me personally. They said it was a vicious rumor that yoga and squirrels have been outlawed and/or banned from this forum and are doing everything in their power to get to the bottom of it.

>re: Sony. We better go into hiding!!!

Congratulations on YogaX ALL 90 MINUTES. I remember feeling absolutely awesome (at peace) when I would finish this, but I won't ever admit that:p :p :p

Briee

>BTW, both Sony and Cathe e-mailed me personally. They said it
>was a vicious rumor that yoga and squirrels have been outlawed
>and/or banned from this forum and are doing everything in
>their power to get to the bottom of it.

But what about cardio? Did they happen to mention anything about cardio? I demand a ban on all cardio:p

Nice try Michele!

Briee

Hey anymore talk of donuts over thar yonder in cardiohateville? I'd hate to be missin it.

Hey gang!! Thanks to all who kicked me in the hiney!!! I did pyramid up lower body floor work with chinups. I did 23 chins total. The last 7-8 were singles with a 5 count hold at top and 5 count lower down- eeeeeeeeooooooowwww!!! I literally went to failure, cause I tried # 24 and could only get 1/2 way. It felt so good to work out. I always wonder why I get in slumps when I workout and I love the feeling so much,...??????

OK, it's crunch time- really past crunch time. About 3 weeks before Hawaii. Alas, September's sciatica and my eating have taken their toll. I really need to lean out a little. I know I need to eat clean- hmmmmmmm. But what should I do exercise wise. Maybe circuits twice a week with a heavy total body day and cardio on other days??? Any thoughts?

How's everyone else doing? I was LMAO about the sony posts. You gals are such fun!!

Oh, I almost forgot. Briee, I did BC core only too tonight!!!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Just - Hi!:)

I am working out, did GS legs and core work tonight.

I'm noticing a lot of yoga and core work talking going on around here. Catherine, Briee? You two softening up?

Sooooosan, all this yoga X talk is going to make me try it. So far I've managed to avoid Tony except with AbRipperX and Core Synergystics (or whatever it is).

Hi to Joanne,Janie, Deb, HB. And to you two slackers, August and Michele.:)

Yay, Catherine! It didn't take you long to get over your slump. I think slumps mean your body's trying to tell you something and your brain is forcing you to listen by mentally getting in the way of your workouts (as long as the slump isn't too long).

Melody, you may not love Yoga X at first. Tony's form is less than stellar and his breathing is awful, but he has some great cues and the sequencing is very challenging. What type of yoga (i.e., what DVD's and/or classes) do you usually do?

I'm going on my daughter's first grade field trip today, then rushing home to practice with my singing group, then rushing to take DD to dance, then back home to put on some kind of costume for a Halloween party at DH's boss' house. So no workout today! Tomorrow we're leaving for a church retreat and coming back on Sunday. I think I'll be able to squeeze in a circuit tomorrow since we're not leaving until evening. Enjoy your day, everyone!:)

What do you mean his form is less than stellar....I think it's stellar. You obviously haven't been watching him do chins....very stellar:p :p :p (maybe this is why I somewhat appreciated (somewhat being very loosely used here) Yoga X because his stellar form was about as stellar as mine:7 :7 :p :p :p ). And what's wrong with his breathing? He breathes....he's still alive - he must be breathing - and he must be breathing well for all the chins he does (smiley guy ROTFLOL AND eating Barley - that one was for Michele - seems she has a fetish for barley)

Man Soooooooooooooooooooooooosan, you are one busy person - for all you do, you sure get a lot of workouts in!!!! You're probably right about the slumps - but my slump had turned into a super slump and then it turned into SLACK and just plain lazy. That's why I have all of you wonderful peep's!!!

Hey Autumn and Michele....did you hear Melody...she just called you guys SLACKERS. I'd tell her to go eat barley!! Except I love Melody so I won't. You know barley can give you warts.:7 :7

I better leave...I've had too much green tea today!! Waves to you all

Briee

ONE MORE THING. I did HE #3 last night!!!! The whole thing and I sweat a LOT!! I just couldn't bring myself to work upper body again, since I can STILL hardly lift my arms over my head from Monday. Ouch.

Briee

I'm on my way to do an elliptial w/o and then GS Chest/Back. But I had to drop in and tell Briee "stop being a tattle tail, tale(?):p

You guys sound like you were having way too much fun today!!! I had a very busy day at work. Glad it's over. I came home and relaxed,... with LoMax LOL!!! I did it on an eight inch step- first time I've done that since my sciatica acted up. Whew!! OK I admit I didn't do #7. But for pete's sake I was dripping with sweat. Oh and DH heard me tell Cathe I don't think so when she said we'll move on to step combo #7 or something like that. And I hear him in the kitchen saying "whimpy whimpy whimpy" Hmmmmph!! I'd like to see him do LoMax just on the platform!!! Men!! I love him though!!

You all behave now!!

I am super excited about the new workouts shipping!!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Briee, I'm sure Tony eats barley. We're (those of us in Cardio Hateville) compiling a cookbook devoted to barley and green beans, both of which have magical powers. We'll get to that as soon as we complete the Doofus Workout DVD.

Hey, we're not slackers--we're bi*chers and moaners:p :7

Catherine, I'm quite envious of your trip to Hawaii. I may steal away in your luggage. Oh, I agree with Melvin--whack your DH over the head}( :7

What's going on here?! }( }( }(

First I hear something about someone poking fun at the mystical magical powers of barley :eek: , then there's something about slacking :eek: :eek: , and then a mix up in seasons! Autumn?! LMAO :7 ! Actually, that's not the first time I've been called Autumn. Close enough. :)

But nobody, NOBODY in their right cardio-hatin minds should be poking fun at the magical powers of barley! You don't know power until you've climbed Magical Barley Mountain!

I'm writing to Sony right this minute!!

:*

Your snooping neighbor,
August

Yeah!! What she said:p

We'll see you on top of Barley Mountain.

(I think I know who the first person was to call August "Autumn")

*sings* On top of barley, all covered with sauce...I lost my poor meatballs...(think "On top of spaghetti, all covered with sauce...") and if you don't know that stupid little song pretend I never posted this cause it either means I'm way too old or way too stupid or found way too much stress relief per Michele's post "what people email".:p

Yeah, not sleeping again.;(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.