::::: CHEETAHS ::::: ughhh Monday, 3/12

>I bet you're tired, Wendy!! Sounds like quite an eventful
>weekend! I'm not a partier so I can not relate but I do enjoy
>getting out w/out my kiddos once in a while!
>
>So... getting burnt out on the X??? Well..... I *might* be
>getting it!!!!! Oh my goodness! I know, I've been on the
>fence about it, but a friend has *2* sets of it!!! She got it
>a while back but they sent her an extra since her other
>shipment got lost in transit. Then she ended up getting the
>2nd shipment & they told her just to keep it!!! She wants a
>high step topper so I told her I'd get her the high topper for
>the set!! Can't beat that deal, I think. $34.99 plus
>shipping for the high step and I know that P90X runs about
>$100- $120. But she is moving & said she might not be able to
>find it til the end of March. That's ok since I'm working on
>my running & tri stuff for now anyway. OK, enough babble but
>had to share that tidbit!!
>
>Hope you got in your workout & are feeling better. I was
>feeling a bit blah but did GS C & T and am feeling much
>peppier now! }(

That's an awesome deal if it works out Jess! I'd do it in a heart beat! The X is awesome but yes, I think I'm burning out a bit. I am not used to following a set rotation for a month let alone THREE months! LOL I will not quit though. I'm lovin' the results. I will probably give in and run tonight and figure out a way to fit in cst/arx another day. No biggie. :)

I haven't forgotten about the yoga dvd, I promise! I'm just a bit slow! LOL

Susan...glad your back survived the workouts. Enjoy the Friday evening alone with your DH!

Wendy...sometimes you can get tired from the heavy lifting. Maybe add an endurance workout during the week. I did that sometimes during the X for my shoulders as I love working them.

Jackie...the massage was painful but nice (if that makes any sense!)

Jess...sounds like a good deal on P90X! We are having some nice weather too...

My massage therapist really got into my piriformis....I sure hope it eases the pain some. I also think my legs were a bit sore from the run yesterday. I will do my workout this afternoon after some laundry...

Sunny :: hope you felt refreshed from the rest day and had a good workout. I have been battling low energy lately, so I know how you feel.

Marcia :: enjoy those mild temps…GREAT job on another 2 lbs. down…rock on!!!

Judy :: thanks for the update on Elaine…it’s good to hear what she’s up to…What did you wind up doing – a walk or LM?

Wendy :: look at you with your new cute, little avatar. :) LOL – love how you keep calling it the *ahem* bar. Hey, our GTG is in two weeks!! I'm pumped!

Gayle :: were you able to resist working out? I have the opposite problem lately...apparently, I'm on the 5K to Couch program.

Linda :: I have not k’boxed much lately, and I miss it. Enjoy your rest day, if you take it.

Jackie :: Your workouts always look so balanced...Good going!

Jess :: sounds like a non-stop fun-filled birthday weekend! Glad everyone had a good time. I think you will enjoy the X. Do it! :)

Christine :: No, I imagine it’s not too hard to make homemade salsa…I just never have. But I asked this student if her mom will part with the recipe. If she does, I’ll post it here. Have a great workout this afternoon.

Carole :: I know what you mean -- I was thrilled to get outside for a run yesterday, too. It’s nice again today, but I’m going to try to stick to my recovery week plan (which is already modified bc of skiing as it is). Ut oh…another thumbs down for CST…that’s on deck for me starting next week...Ahhh, massage – nice!!

Susan :: WTG on being able to work in Imax3 again! That’s great. The upcoming getaway sounds nice.

Well, today I started w/ the sneezing and runny nose – not again! So, I’m downing some Airborne and can hopefully keep this to a minimum. I’m going to kick back a bit longer and then tackle YogaX—ideally, all 90 minutes!

Something interesting…as I mentioned, this weekend I am going skiing with my best friend (the one I wrote about having some problems with recently)…We did invite the guys initially but both had to decline because of coaching commitments on Saturday, so it became a “girls’ weekend.” In talking last week, she & I agreed that it’ll be good to hang out just the two of us girls to get caught up & reconnect. So today, she sends me an email asking if I’d have any objections if our other friend (her now-boyfriend) takes a train up on Saturday night and skis the half day with us on Sunday. I couldn’t believe it. I mean, under other circumstances, I wouldn’t care if he or both of the guys joined us, but I think she & I really do need some girls-only time to do a little friendship repair. Oh well…as you wise ladies said to me a couple of weeks ago, I better not count on her/them much anymore. (BTW, he is NOT going now…which I imagine makes me the villain.)

OK, I'm off - will try to stop back in later.

Cathy,

I have to LOL at the *ahem* bar myself!:7 I have our GTG on our calender. We can pick a time and place at the mall to meet when it gets closer. I'm excited to finally get to meet you!

Sorry about the stuff still going on with your friend. Hopefully it's just a temporary set back and will pass.

Well, it's time to get ready for that run!

BBL!:)

Cathy - I'm glad you stood your ground and told your friend that you were prefer a girls-only weekend. I think it's needed for you. You're being a very good friend, so don't feel that you should cave because of pressure.

Waves hello to everyone else.

I wanted to do a quick pop-in to say that my gym has new bikes that are like spin bikes, but they have a tv monitor attached the them and you do a virtual reality ride on them. It was FUN!!! Kind of like playing a cool video game while riding a bike. It's CG - not real - but it's pretty good. Not quite a real ride, but I swear there was once when I went over a bump and I was surprised when my stomach didn't soar with my HR! You can race others, too - you set the "power level" at which they ride. I was moving. My HR which during a run hovers around 155 was a steady 148. Higher than during Spinervals, or on an EXT. Evidently you can log in and actually "race" someone beside you. So the girl from work with whom I go to the gym and I are going to go later one day and get both bikes and race each other.

Wendy :: sounds good ~ I'll just defer to you on place & time since you've got the family to work around. Will you be bringing Joey? :)That day is wide open for me, so we can figure it out next week sometime.

Christine :: Being able to race a partner on the spin bikes sounds cool! Thanks for the support re: my friend.

I just finished 70 minutes of Yoga X. That was enough for me. I tried to *carefully* do a modified plough, but that was when the ol' backeroo screamed STOP!! Overall, I think this is a workout I have to break up. When I'm in a 90-minute live class, somehow time flies. But this one does not. I have to say, I like the second half much better as I *love* balance poses. But I think I need to invest in another Power Yoga DVD (I used to have some on tape but gave them away a while back) just to be able to mix it up. The thought of doing JUST this one for the next 8 weeks does not appeal.

OK, I think it's time to do another Airborne. Sniffles, be gone!

Have a great night, ladies!
Cathy :)

(my signature seems to have disappeared??)

Christine, Those new bikes sound AWESOME! How fun!!!:)

Cathy, Oy, I hope you don't get sick! My DH has been poppin' airborne alot lately. He's hooked! LOL

Well I did my other new Itread that I hadn't tried yet tonight. Set 5/40 mins. 3.5 miles later and I was whooped! Loved it!}( Now I gotta go back and do the one from last week or the week before that I had the side stitches through. I am determined to do that one with out walking!!!

Good night ladies!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.