::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Tuesday, 3/6

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :)

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNNY!!! :) :) :) Hope you enjoy your special day! What are your celebration plans?

I had an uncomfortable night's sleep on account of this strange back thing that's going on with me...Will see how it feels this afternoon and may try C&B; otherwise, I'll have to switch up with something else and do it later in the week. I say we've had enough w/ these cheetah creaks & pains! :p lol

Have a great day & pain-free workouts, ladies! Will be back in the afternoon.

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Good morning, Cathey and all that follow.

Cathy - I hate back pains they are so uncomfortable I hope you are feeling better soon. :*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - SUNNY!! Enjoy your day. :+

Today I have Back&Biceps, ARX and hopefully a 3 mile run outside if the streets are plowed enough for me to get around. ;-)

Last night I had step class. I feel they are getting a little bored with me :-( :-( so I'd like to mix it up. I usually do some familiar routines and throw in 1-4 new ones in there, too. I mix it up to prevent boredome, but with the weather we've had and I'm the only instructor I'm thinking I need to change things up. Any ideas??? I was thinking about doing a circuit of some sort???? HELP!

We only have class through April so I have two months left and want them to hang in there until then.

I've been eating good and didn't blow it on our weekend away last weekend - whew......

Gayle - Your check is going out this morning and your 'surprise' will be coming FedEx in about 4 days. :9 :7 :9 :7

Take Care - Marcia

Marcia- hi five on the good eating!

Did any of you catch the article I linked on the open discussion forum over the weekend? It was titled Unhappy Meals in the NY Times? It is an informative article about food choices and the media and trends in nutrition.

Cathy- How did the back pain start? Hopefully it is just a kink and will get loosened up

Cathy- I've been thinking of you, teaching wise. Sam, DS, has had some Shakespeare to memorize and we have been quizzing him all weekend and yesterday too. He even came home sick yesterday and after a 4 hour nap, he had to finish memorizing his assignment. We have all been listening to him around here!

DD, Nina, is supposed to have oral surgery tomorrow, but we are not sure if it will happen. There are details that are not ironed out yet. She is anxious to get it over with and get the rest of her braces off.

OK yesterday I chose LIC cardio blast 48.5" and tacked on the blast only add on for an additional 9.5". Then finished with LIC abs and stretch.

BRB

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

I just checked w/ Sam and he will be home sick another day.

Barb- It is always nice to read your comments. But visiting here can be very time consuming and distracting from real life.

Welcome back Wendy :)

Carole- You appear to be making progress. I'll keep thinking of you as I choose non running workouts and stretch.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!!!! How are you going to spend you day?

Where has Laurie been?

HI to all Cheetahs today!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

Good morning all! I ended up sleeping the entire day yesterday...
got in 7 hrs:eek: That rarely happens when I'm between work nights and need to sleep all day. I usually only manage about 5. Anyway, I didn't get any workout in as a consequence and took a (gasp) total rest day:eek: Feelin pretty good darn now and I'm at the end of a work night. So this morning I'll get in a 35 min tempo run. If I have time when I wake up I'll get in some upper body work.

Judy- Sounds like you had a great day wth LIC. That workout is deceptively tough.... love it! I did read alot of the article on nutrition trends in the Open Forum.... very interesting!

Marcia- Great job on the eating!!! How about mixing up a little kickboxing with your step?

Cathy- Oh no.... not another injured cheetah:eek: I hope this is just a momentary muscle spasm type thingy.... crossing my fingers for ya!

Sunny - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Susan- Hope you're having a better day. I can understand your concerns about your Dad being overwhelmed. Is there any way they can arrange to get some home health care? It could make a big difference.

Don't have time to respond to anyone else now:-( But that doesn't mean I don't love ya!

tata
ShellyC

Morning Peeps!:)

Okay, I have my Cathe leg work out on tap for today. I am not going to do a circuit though. I already have 3 days of cardio in the works for this week between y'day's run, tmrw night's step class and saturday's run coming up. I think that's enough so I need to do a straight up leg routine....L&G perhaps??? Haven't done that one in a while!}( }( }(

:) I am going to attempt to play catch up with personals now :)

Judy: So when will you be attempting to get the stray kitty to the vet?

Marcia: My friend and I had a BLAST over the weekend! I got drunk over lunch on Saturday! }( The Howie Mandell show that night was fantastic! Soooo funny. It was just a super fun weekend. I lost every penny I bet, but hey, if ya can't afford to loose it, you shouldn't bring it! Right? ;) So how far along are you w/the X now?

Shelly: LOL, the cranberry juice is good for ya but I think all of that vodka kinda kills the "healthy" concept...don't you? :p

Kristi: So what's on the agenda for hubby's B'day celebration? }( :D }(

Christine: Feel better soon!(((((HUGS)))))))

Barb: You'll be missed!!! Maybe you can pop in once a week ??? :)

Linda: Hope your hip/glute stops acting up on you. So how did you like the marathon training Itread using the elliptical? It's a great work out on the TM!

Carole: C&B and ARX was a struggle yesterday but I did it. :) What did you decide on...lowmax or your nordic track?

Jackie: I am looking forward to having the opportunity to clean in peace this weekend...Can't wait!!! How sad is that? LOL :p

Susan: Sorry about your mom and dad. Sending hugs and prayers!!! I think it's smart that you are listening to your body and taking your work outs one day at a time. Just run when you feel up to it. Have fun stepping in the meantime!:)

Cathy: I hope your back feels better soon. I agree...no more sick or injured Cheetahs allowed!:p

Good morning ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Cheetahs. I’m sorry I’ve been such a lame Cheetah with my posts lately. Like, Barb, I find that I get easily distracted from my home life too easily by the PC.

Quickly on me....Well, yesterday, while out on errands with my mom and DS, I hit Dick’s. I picked up a Power Yoga workout by Gaiam. I’m hoping to try it out soon to see how it compares to Yoga X.

This morning, iTread 1, 6 miles. Intervals, hills, you name it. LOVED IT. Then S&H bis and planks. ALL GOOD!

SunnyD-HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL!!!!!!! 2 lbs from goal is EXCELLENT! Hard work really does pay off! And enjoy the new work station….kind of like a Close-To-Goal present, isn’t it????

Marcia-I’m so glad we came to the X decision together! And, I’m excited about your ‘official’ training for the half! Enjoy the process!

Wendy-2 cheers to a clean house week! LOL. I find it way too hard with kids in the house to not only GET it clean, but KEEP it clean! All I would need is 3 solid hours ALONE in the house and I’d be in excellent shape! Good luck! I had to go back and check out how your weekend trip was. Glad you had a good time. I love Howie! Deal or No Deal, baby! LOL

Judy-stray cats….I’m a sucker, how about you? Good of you to take him to the vet! I'll check out that article after the busstop!

Shelly-what upper body did you end up doing???? I haven’t tried the BM2 double upper. HMMMMMMMMM!

Christine-I hope you’re feeling MUCH MUCH better today. Wild Hogs…I’d like to see that. I love Travolta (most of the time).

Linda-tell me more about the iTrain marathon training. I had my eye on that one. I guess I’m actually requesting a bit of ENABLING! LOL I hope the lower body pain subsides fast!

Carole-I didn’t know you had a NordicTrack. I used to, but parted with it several years ago. Do you like it????

Jackie-your workout yesterday sounded great! I was wondering what BBC was!

Susan-HUGS again, girl! To you, mom AND dad. It’s hard on the spouse in a MUCH different way than on anybody else. Just being there for him, letting him know you’re thinking of him, will help him TREMENDOUSLY!!!!

Cathy-no worry about the shirts. I can’t afford to do the order up front, so I’ll just wait patiently till it all works out.

BBL

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Sorry about your back, hope it feels better later today. Pan Away is an essential oil from the Young Living website http://www.youngliving.com/ I have a client that told me about it and I have tried a few things from the site. I might check out the foam roller today, if I get to Target.

Marcia...enjoy your P90X workout and run today.

Judy...sounds like a good workout yesterday. How is the hip feeling? I even pulled out my Nordic track yesterday, to add variety to my non running cardio.

Shelly...you must have been zonked to sleep like that! You work out so hard that I think you deserve a rest day!

Sunny...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/happy%20birthday1.gif[/img] Hope you have a great day.

Wendy..good job getting in the workout yesterday even being tired. Side stitches are no fun. I vote for L&G...I used my Nordic track and had a nice iTread 40 min workout on it.

Gayle...good workout this morning! Are you doing a S&H rotation? I have had my Nordic for years. I prefer my Elliptical but the Nordic is very good to for a non impact workout.

Jackie...sounds like that BBC Arms was quite a good workout.

Barb...thanks for the info on your sons. It must be great to see them enjoy swimming so much. I didn't know that about Judy's daughter...wow!

Susan...I can see why it would feel nice getting things organized again...I can only imagine the thoughts of your Mom popping into your head during this difficult time. Hard on your Dad as the caregiver too...sending thoughts, prayers and hugs...Good job with the Elliptical workout and stretch.

Linda...my nephew is still not real sure what this is. I have read a bit about piriformis and except for the pain not going down my leg, it sounds like that is what I have. Some say piriformis and sciatic are the same thing, others not. I am still icing and trying some essential oils to help the soreness.

Natalie...sounds like nice weather for your run yesterday.

Today I am thinking of PS legs and then an iClimb on the EXT.

Have a good day...:)

Hi Carole. I loved my NordicTrack while I had it, but once I got my treadmill and stationary bike, it just sat there collecting dust!

Yes, I'm SORT OF doing a S&H rotation. Since I want to really focus on my runs, and since my weekly mileage is slowly increasing too, I want to keep with the same workout series for 2 or 3 weeks. S&H fit the bill! lol.

Gotta go.....gonna be late!

Gayle

OK - I am so excited, I just HAD to share with my Cheetahs!

I am able to wear, comfortably I might add, a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear in OVER A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am doing the happy dance like never before today! I can't sit still, nothing - - -!

Marcia. :+

Gayle...I have not used my Nordic for awhile. I keep it covered to hopefully avoid the dust problem...:)...S&H is good for about 3 weeks!!

Marcia...Congrats on the pants fitting!!! I bet that is a great feeling...:)

Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day here!

Susan - So sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she feels better soon. Will keep your parents and you in prayer. Glad you and the girls enjoyed Disney.

Cathy - How's the back today? I'm with you on the creaks and pains.

Wendy - Good job on the iTread! Those side stitches wreak havoc! UGH!! Have you seen the monster iTread workout for this month? I didn't download it yet.

Sunny - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great day!

Marcia - Love live step classes. How often do you teach? Good luck with keeping the class motivated. I know it's hard sometimes. YIPPEE!! I know you are feeling great about getting back into those jeans. WTG!!!

Judy - Didn't see the link. Will have to check it out. Hope Sam feels better.

Shelley - Sounds like the extra sleep did wonders for you. Have a good run.

Gayle - Glad you enjoyed your workout today! I've only done P90X in its entirety one time. I usually break it up into 30 minute increments. It's a good workout.

Carole - Enjoy your workouts. Like the iClimbs.

I did BBC Legs & Butt, a 20 minute iClimb and a 20 minute Yoga Zone. Don't think I worked the legs too hard. So, I should do pretty good with my tempo run tomorrow. My abs are sore from yesterday.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jackie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!!! HOPE IT'S THE BEST YET!!

Hey Cheetahs -

Still feeling like road kill. Didn't even workout this morning - figured I needed all my energy to make it to work. *sigh* I should work from home, but I have several of my team coming in today for the sales meeting, so I want to be there to meet them. Great first impression - eh? :+ <--- back to that. Oh well. Don't know why I keep getting sick, but I think it's been a bad winter.

Hello cheetahs,
It is a beautiful sunny day here again in CA. It got up to 70 yesterday. It makes me want to get my flip flops out;-)

Well I ended up doing bootcamp yesterdy instead of just upper body. It felt so good. I have not done it in a long time. The only thing that bother my back a little was the sequential power kicks. It was not as hard as I remember though. I am doing just PUB today and giving my lower body a rest.

CAthy, I hope your back feels better soon. You are way there are way too many injured cheetahs lately, probably because we are all a bunch of lunatics}(

Marcia, what a GREAT feeling being able to wear something that did not fit, especially a great pair of pants. Keep up the good work:)

Judy, I printed the article about unhappy food. It is very interesting. My husband is going to read it next, thanks!

Shelly, You did NOT take a rest day,really???? Good for you!

Wendy, I keep saying I am going to do Legs and Glutes and I always end up doing the butts and gutts leg blaster. I am addicted to that one. Let us know how legs and glutes goes. I need to do something different for lower body.

Gayle, you really get some great workouts in! Thanks for your encouragement with my dad. You are right sometimes just being there is enough.

Carole, I know I was confused my the whole sciatica and piriformis syndrome difference. Your massage therapist can push on your sciatica nerve and if you about jump off the table, then it is pretty likely that it is that. Piriformis definitley just affects the piriformis and not the leg. Sciatica almost always comes from a bulging disc in the lumbar area and almost always goes down to the foot or all the way down the back of the leg. I know in the morning, the minute I get out of bed I still feel twinges in my left foot. Icing the lumbar area has helped me SOOO much. I iced 4 times yesterday after bootcamp just to make sure I did not cause any inflammation. Hopefully your pain will go away and you can get back to running. I just made my so much worst by not listeneing to my body early on. Have a great workout today:)

Jackie, thank you for your kind words about my mom and dad and WELCOME to cheetahland. You also get some great workouts in.

Christine, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Hopefully this sunny day will at least lift your spirits. Take it easy and get well soon:)

Well, I have to take kids to school and then coffee with a friend and then pt. I have 3 more pt appointments and them my insurance has cut me off.

BBL,
Susan

Christine- It has been a nasty cold and flu season.I hope you get through the sales meeting without too much discomfort.

Susan- You are observant to recognize the needs of your Dad in addition to your Mom. I recall being quite worried about how my Dad would live alone. He never ever cooked a meal or payed a bill. But he DID learn and has been a widower for 19 yeas. Your Dad may surprise you.

Stray Cat update: The kitty who is a full grown cat actually, is dependent on my cats to get him in and out of our magnetically controlled cat door. Our cats did not seem to go in and out at the times that the stray was around. My DH was so worried that he put food out on the front porch. We watched him eat, but he ran away as soon as we tried to get him. I have a collar ready for him with a magnet on it for when we catch him again..... Then we will take him to get checked out.

OK the workout today was HSTA with EXT for all cardio segments. It was fun getting back to that one! I tried to go heavy on some of the upper body segments.

Tomorrow is looking like DD may get to have her oral surgery after all. I will not be able to work out in the morning; if all goes well, i'ltry for a later workout.

hey Marcia- congratulations on getting into the jeans!!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

Good morning everyone! My goodness….this is only Tuesday!

Cathy – Hope the back gets better soon! Yes, the stretches on the Fluidity bar feels really good! They do seem to help some! Sorry you had a hard time sleeping!

Marcia – Enjoy the run and weights! Good luck finding a good circuit for your class! I am sure you will come up with something fun and intense!

Judy – I will have to go find that Unhappy Meals article! I have been wondering where Laurie has been also. I miss her! She had said once that she would not be able to spend as much time here because of the online dating….but that was a while back.

Shelly – I am glad you got some sleep yesterday! Enjoy your run and upper body work!

Wendy – Have fun with L&G’s! The Marathon Training was really good on the elliptical! I loved it! I actually did it on the treadmill this morning and had a ball with it! I did have to take it easier because of my leg…but it was fun!

Gail – What? (gasp!) Me? Enable???? Lol….but seriously….the marathon training iTread is great! She has different speeds for walkers, joggers and runners. The first phase is running 6 minutes and walking one minute a few times. There are a couple of steep inclines as well. The second half of the workout is sprints. This is the first iTrain I have ever tried and now I want more! Was the one you did the first 60 minute one in the first set? Good job on your workout!

Carole – Hmmm…then maybe mine is piriformis? I hope yours is easing up! Keep icing ; ) Enjoy your EXT and Pure Strength! I have two good friends that are experiencing this type of pain, too. One works out hard and one doesn’t work out at all. So…it really makes you wonder if the culprit is really workout related. But….I guess more than likely, in our case it is.

Jackie – Good job on the workout! For some reason when I do BBC L&B, it doesn’t feel very hard, but the next day…my glues are sooo sore. I don’t know why! Seems like I always get DOMS with all of his (which is a good thing for me!).

Christine – I hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself!

This morning I did the floorwork from Firm Vol. I. and then I did something that I am sure I should not have done. I ran with iTread marathon training. I took it a little easier and I “think” my leg is not any worse. It feels about the same. So…I am just not so sure it is the running that causes it. I ordered a foam roller kit yesterday from Karen Voight. I hope that helps some. I know it will probably feel good, anyway!

Hi to everyone that I may have missed and hopes everyone has a wonderful day! BBL!

Linda

susan - Hi there! We must have been posting at the same time! Would it be sciatica if the pain just goes down to around mid thigh, or would it have to go all the way down? Good job on Bootcamp! I love that one! (lol...I think I love all of Cathe's workouts!)

Sunny - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful, happy day!

Linda

Hi everybody!

Linda-the workout I used today was set 1. I also have set 8. 1 has some hill work, including a 10% hill where she has you walking fast, and it also has fast intervals. Today I followed her numbers for the runners and felt awesome! I would have liked more intervals, though. THere were only 4 short one. Am I sick, addicted, or what? LOL

Gayle

Hello ladies,

Awwww shucks...i have such a big grin on my face. it is so great to log on and see my cheetah friends wishing me a happy birthday. THANKS SO MUCH!! means alot.

I am spending my day working and working out (as usual;) ). We are going out this weekend to celebrate!!!

today's workout is wendy's favorite B & G leg blast premix}( }( . plus i did 20 mins. on the elliptical this morning.

no time for personals gotta run and workout while ds is napping.

talk to you wonderful ladies later :) :)

Hey Sunny!

I'm sooo sorry I forgot to wish you a happy Birthday in my previous post! Bad Wendy!:-( Have a blast over the weekend girlfriend! What are your plans? }( ;) :+ ;)

I am working legs today and will actually fight the urge to do the Leg Blast Premix. I'm going to do Legs and Glutes. Well, that's the plan at the moment anyway...:7 :7 :7

Later chica!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.