::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 8/24

Christine...you will survive without running today...:)..I bet the iCycle is a great workout!!

Mattea...of course its a dare...:)...they have a purple and silver band here http://www.fwonline.com/dbcutlong.htm and those are stronger resistances than the green...:)...I do think the Elliptical is better for the calfs than a treadmill...hope your DH's calf gets better...

Shelly...I cannot tell you how hard it has been to get my DH to workout. He thinks I expect him to workout like me...and seriously I don't. I just try and tell him how good he will feel overall by doing some kind of cardio 3 times a week. I have to start somewhere as he used to be alot more active...I am so glad your groin pull is better...:)

Elaine...enjoy your Elliptical workout and PUB...:)

Well, Legs and Glutes is done!}( I always forget how awesome (and tough!) that work out is since I don't do it often!:)

I'm waiting (not so patiently) for my new Cathe's to be delivered this afternoon!:+

Need to hit the showers...be back in a bit!:)

Edited to Add: The work outs got delivered just as I was logging off to hit the shower! YIPPEE!}( :+ :7

Wendy, Gayle, & Christine :: thanks for the info on L&G. I may try that this afternoon. I haven’t worked out yet. I’ve been working like a madwoman on school stuff. Need a break.

Jess :: massages at my salon *are* pricey :: $83 for a Swedish, $90 for deep tissue, $95 for sports massage…you can definitely find them cheaper. I know of another salon in the area which serves as a training school, and they offer reduced rates for services performed by their students. One of my friends recently told me that her insurance covers a portion of her monthly massages...now THAT'S something I've gotta look into.

Carole :: the UPS man bought new flip flops from zappo’s. Hopefully today he will bring my new Asics Nimbus. :) Glad to hear your hubby gave the elliptical a try. The more I hear about that thing, the more I fear it! Sounds like your workout today was a doozy.

Katie :: glad the back is cooperating again. A friend of mine moved out to Phoenix recently, and he’s told me not to believe that the dry heat makes life any easier. How hot is it already at 5 am?

Laurie :: we’ve gotten a little break from the humidity, too – I agree, very refreshing and runner-friendly!

Christine :: I’m not happy about not running today, either. Mentally, I want to get out there!!!…But I know from having learned lessons the hard way not to run through any pain. Since I’ve increased mileage in the last couple of weeks, I’m being extra careful to listen to my body. I like that L&G uses the dumbbells and not the barbell. I’m starting to realize that I’m not so crazy about the barbell. I do need to get a pad.

Wendy Marie :: just like Mattea said, don’t worry about not having names straight yet. I am constantly omitting folks by mistake – no harm intended, and I think everybody here gets that.

Shelly :: I’m glad your groin’s better. Thanks for the tip about hill running. I may look like a nut (I run on busy roads), but I’m gonna try that next time. Hope you had a great run.

Mattea :: thanks, too, for your tip about hills…backwards, huh? Have you tried it? I'm thinking about where I can go to do that. I remember reading somewhere that the downhill was just as hard – if not harder – on your legs than the uphill. Overall, I'm just annoyed that I can't lick this problem. Hope you made out with the furniture shopping.

Elaine :: glad you’ve reached the tail end of that bug. Enjoy the elliptical & PUB.

Wendy :: enjoy your new purchases...which ones did you get?

OK, heading out to enjoy the sunshine for a little while.
-cathy :)

Cathy, hope your achilles feels better. What kind of a salon are you at. I'm a registered massage therapist at a chiro clinic and at a high end day spa. I love the perks of working at a spa (foils and haircut $24, $10 facials....)

Wendy, glad you were able to get L&G in. Enjoy your new workouts Wendy, RS is a fabulous step workout...LOVE IT!!!!

Jess, a massage could do wonders for your tight calves. I massage at two places, one is $65/hr, the other $85/hr. Most of my clients have some sort of coverage through their or their spouse's extended benefits.

Carole, that's great that your hubby gave the elliptical a go!! Sounds like you got an awesome workout on it today as well. Your hubby should be bowing (like your icon) to you and the challenges you can rise to;-)

Gayle, I feel very happy for you, I remember all too well the trials of being the single Mom of little ones. Too many divorced Mom's would tell me that they 'know what it's like' but I'd bite my tongue to resist the urge to say 'but I don't get a break one day a week and every other weekend!' Group runs are way fun and the time goes by faster for sure!

Katie, glad your back is getting better! Doesn't PUB hurt so good}( :7

Christine, great upperbody BLAST! Enjoy your cycling. You're so smart to give the heel and knee the break that they need!

Hi WendyMarie:)

Mattea, I don't map runs too early any more either. I mapped out what I thought was a 5k run a few weeks ago and ended up running 5 miles! Felt good afterwards:) Hope your feeling awake, refreshed and ready to shop after your NapMax!

Shelly, hope your run was good and not stressful on your groin. I don't do other workouts much these day (besides running) I love the Gauntlet!!! ENJOY!

Elaine, glad you're on the mend. Hope the elliptical can help clear out your lungs and ease your cough:)

I'm home for a few more hours, some TidyMax, LaundryMax and ChartMax and then I'm off to the spa for the afternoon and evening. Maybe I'll sneak in some stretches, I rushed through them this morning and am feeling it!

Later Ladies:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hey girls.

My head is finally feeling clear enough to get in a bunch of personals today!:)

Carole: That was a cute story about your DH. I hope he keeps it up! It appears that Joey IS feeling better today, thanks! I am feeling rather OKAY myself at this very moment too...that could change w/a sneeze though!:p NICE ELLIPTICAL WORK OUT!!!

Gayle: I'm happy that it'll be easier for you to get outdoors with your runs now that school is starting. I myself will be heading out more often as the weather cools off because I won't have to worry about what time it is-that it's too hot! I'll be able to go out before dinner as soon as DH gets home from work and on the weekends I can go out at any point during the day as opposed to just early mornings. I'm excited as well!

Katie: LOL, you read my mind about the outdoor running! Check out my post to Gayle above!

Laurie: Have a good day at work! I have RS on vhs and learned it through segment 2 and then gave up. I will relearn it now that I have the dvd. It will be much easier to just skip to the areas I need to work on now!}( I still have to preview MIC and IMAX...I'm askeered!:eek:

Christine: My calf is still tight when I try to stretch it. ARGH. I'm also noticing additional tightness in my hams that I did not have before. How do you like icycle? I love doing icycle on the spin bike at the gym.

Mattea: I hope you found some furniture that was both yours and DH's liking as well as to the liking of your wallets!:7 I didn't exactly take the day OFF yesterday...I just put off weights and did cardio instead. }(

Shelly: I agree...I think the cold is losing ground as well! Joey is also on the mend! YEAY! Glad to hear you are also on the mend!
:) Cheetahs that get sick/injured together also heal together I guess!

Elaine: You are feeling better to, ey? YEAY for the healing cheetahs!:+

So I'm previewing HSTA as I type this and let me just say...this work out looks like a friggin KILLER!!! OMG! My jaw dropped to the floor more than once watching some of these moves!}( :eek: }( I have to preview IMAX and MIC next!}(

Wow! I missed Gayle in my earlier hello! I’m soo sorry Gayle!! I don’t know how I missed you! Sorry girlfriend!! School, while it’s hard to see them go, is great for workouts, isn’t it?

Wendy Marie – WELCOME!!! Your name is my sister’s first name and my middle one. I thought that was kind of funny! Yeah, IT Band issues are a pain, literally. Ice, ice and more ice and rest seems to be the prescription… Good luck! And you'll figure us out soon. We're all nice and supportive, that much I can tell you - and Carole is Super Human...

Mattea – I really like the PS Upper Body workouts. They are like a slightly less intense GS series. The workouts are shorter, so doubling up is possible, but they do hit everything. Pop ‘em out – they’re worth it. I don’t have the leg one, though (I bought the VHS) so I can’t tell ya on that one. That run sounds like a killer!! 4 miles up hill?! OUCH!! I’m impressed you did it! You go girl!

Shelly – Glad to hear your groin pull feels better!! That’s great news! I think I just need to be very cautious the next few days and I’ll be fine.

Carole – that elliptical workout sounds like FUN!!! It’s one of the programs on your elliptical? Oh, man, now I want one! :p

Cathy – I like the barbell, but I do find I sub dumbbells more often than I did. About the not running – just know you’ll be able to run more if you don’t today, then if you did… If that makes sense… You need time to heal in other words.

Wendy – have fun previewing your workouts!!! I had a blast with iCycle!

Well I’m done – feeling nice and thoroughly worked out. Icing various body parts so as I'm stuck in front of the computer for 20 minutes, I figured I'd say hi. I think most of you know that I started getting into exercise by mountain biking, but since we’ve gotten the dogs, I’ve been hiking and running more. My bikes have sat gathering dust. These injuries are a pain, but they are allowing me to rediscover my love of cycling! I will say that the iCycles are tougher than the Spinervals (And I have Hillacious, which is supposed to be a 9.5 out of 10 for toughness). My heart rate got higher and I enjoyed it more. I just enjoyed this ride so much today, and my knee and heel have not given me so much as a twinge all day. If I wake up again tomorrow feeling like this, I’ll go for a cautious run. But, I’m thinking of dusting off my mountain bike and going into the hills to ride. We’ll see how I feel as I have Legs and Glutes on tap for tomorrow, too.

I did 10Ks in 2003, 2004 and 2005. A half in 2004 and the full marathon 2005. I am addicted to race days. So powerful. I would imagine a Cathe road trip would be similar.

I am so enjoying today!! What a gorgeous day out, for starters!! I was going to take Allison for a bike ride, but got outside & the bike trailer had a flat tire (and the inner tube had a hole in it!). So... I pulled out the regular stroller & even though she protested that she was *way* too big for it, she then happily got in for a nice 5 mile hilly power walk! It was so nice out & Mikey (the dog) was happy to go along. She took some books & had a snack & we saw the horses & counted butterflies, etc. I sometimes *forget* about just walking, but it was a good workout too w/ the hills & pushing the stroller. And it's amazing how much longer it takes to walk 5 miles than it does to run them!! Then came home & played outside for a while, cleaned up the yard, etc. By that time it was time for lunch & book time!! Now she is down for her nap & I have an hour & a half til my dd's are home from school! ;-)

I need to LaundryMax, PickupMax, and do some pilates too. And more icing & stretching the achilles which didn't give me a twinge of pain while walking.

Oh, and our new van will be getting shipped to the dealer soon!!! It's a '06 Honda Odyssey & I'm so excited about it!! Now hopefully we can sell our van quickly!

OK, I just can't sit here any longer, I must get to work. Thanks to everyone for your nice comments on my kiddos!! I'm such a camera hog, I love taking pics!

Hugs,

Hello again. My four miles went well, I kept my pace about 9:30 or lower and tomorrow will be between work nights so it will be a rest day for me :) Also had a fun time with Gauntlet. For the first time I can remember I kept my step height at 6"! At this rate I think I'll be okay for my 18 miler on Sunday. I'll need to get up pretty darn early cuz I'll be taking it slow for sure!!

Wendy- Boy are you in for an experience with HSTA, MIC, IMAX!!!!
HSTA is my favorite circuit workout I think. Not alot of cardio and no core workout specificially but it really works you out good!
You'll see.....}(

Elaine- I'm glad you're feeling better. I think this injury/illness streak among us may be breaking! :7

Christine- You're getting in some great crosstraining there. I'd vote for the mountainbiking myself....sounds like fun :7

Take care everyone...time for prework nap.

ShellyC

I could only run 4.6 miles this morning due to time. Back to school sucks. I will still do my long runs on the weekends. I now know that training for a 1/2 is very difficult if you are a busy working Mom. I am going to try to keep my T and TH runs at 5-6 miles and hopefully will be ok in 30 days for the 1/2.

Are any of you running with Dean when he comes through your state? I can't as he is here 3 days before the 1/2 and it is a school day. I am going to try and see him run though before school.

Laurie :: I go to what I guess you'd call a high-end spa/salon...not as often as I'd like to on my not-so-high-end teacher's salary! :) Sweet perks of the job for you!

Christine :: you're right...rest when needed is smarter. My Asics arrived tonight -- so maybe the cushioned new kicks will help some. And I'm gonna have to work up the nerve to try Shelly's hill trick in front of all those AM commuters. lol

OK I'm feelin' lazy but will go attack L&G and maybe something upper body.

Good night!
cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.