::::: CHEETAHS ::::: sat. march 9

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs :) Happy Saturday!

I think today'll be L&B and some type of cardio. Not sure what yet, though. Would be great to squeeze in some Fluidity, too, if I have enough time. One thing is certain :: this weekend is about stricter eating for me!!

Now let me go back & read yesterday's posts to get caught up.

Have a great day, everyone!!
~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Wendy :: I will definitely get in YogaX tomorrow. Don’t know if I will do all 90 minutes, but I’m sure I can at least manage half…No, I am not involved in the Drama Club…I just had several students who were in it, so I wanted to go out & support them…Have a great time tonight! Will you be country line-dancing?

Marcia :: EXCELLENT about the pound loss!! Woo-hoo!! Try not to work too hard this weekend although the making money part is fun!!!

Judy :: yeah, it’s good to at least have the option to work out in my classroom after work if I need to…But I much prefer to work out at home, so I only really go for the classroom option when it’s absolutely necessary…that’s kind of rare…I *LOVE* the new GPS!!...Hope you break in that new foam roller, so it starts workin' its magic!

Kristi :: have fun celebrating DH’s 32nd!

Linda :: I agree about looking forward to DST for the purposes of being able to run after work. I *hate* running in the dark and won’t do it anymore.

Carole :: Oh, man – you caved for BBC, too…I *SO* want to order it!!…The GPS is ridiculously fun. I want to start driving to new places just to use it…LOL. Glad your pain is subsiding!

Sunny :: yeah, I am a little off-track with everything right now…I need to regroup…Sorry the cleaning cut into your workout time!! But Linda made a great point – you *did* burn calories!!…I did the same thing at Target yesterday. That place is deadly for me.

Jess :: hope Kiersten enjoys her b-day party. The plans sound cute...The GPS is *awesome*. I can't wait to use it up in VT next weekend.

Jackie :: LOL…I can see you’re dangerous to be around! Did you say something about hot-looking guys?? Barry has been on my radar screen for a little bit…I just have been trying to hold out a while longer since I recently invested in P90 and Fluidity. My spending willpower has been zero lately. But come to think of it…my family will probably ask me soon on some ideas for b-day gifts…maybe I’ll mention Barry.

Shelly :: you too went for Barry??? I feel my resistance slipping more and more…LOL. The production was Oklahoma and it was truly impressive – I’m talking, hard to believe it was a middle school musical. Really! It even had its own “orchestra.” My school is very arts-friendly with lots of seriously talented kids…there are several garage bands…And some of the artwork I’ve seen them produce is so good that you would hang it in your home. It’s pretty cool!…Hope you enjoyed your ride yesterday afternoon.

Christine :: yay!! Glad you’re feeling better!!

Hi Gayle, Laura (WTG on the weight loss!), and Susan!

BBL to check in on my cheetahs...

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

HI Weekend Cheetahs :)

a few comments:

Jes- Your tea party sounds fun ! And, I'm glad to hear the truck is working out well. I did not get to use the foam roller y'day after all.

Christine- Your DH returns tonight! have a nice reunion ;)

Wendy- BBC has peaked my interest. Especially doing circuits this week with the EXT.

Shelly- Thanks for the little tennis player comment :) . I am the shortest tennis player in my group too. It comes from having little Italian parents. :+

Carole- your 'rest from running week' is working! I agree :) Snce not running this week, and stretching my hip is doing better. However I do need to limit the time I sit at the computer and stretch well before and after driving.

HI Cathy- Now that you have committed yourself to cleaner eating this weekend you will do it! I have confidence in you. I indulged in my usual chocolate this week especially at the ~~stressful~~ times.

After looking at my log for the week and seeing 6 good workouts in 6 days, I am just going to do abs and the foam roller today. Yesterday I did a great 60" 4.5 mile outside walk and had an average HR of 156!. I tried to apply the Chi focuses and keep a cadence of 170ish strides per minute, with the help of some great music from djsteveboy.

We will be traveling today about an hour and a half south to my brother and SIL's home to celebrate the Christening of their Grand daughter. Most of my family will be there.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

G'morning Cheetahs!! I feel awesome- just got done w/ a 7.5 mile run w/ my buddies!!! It was a bit warmer than the other day, right about 32 degrees. We took 2 walk breaks for my friend Melissa but I felt great!! It was a slower run but I'd rather just go slow & steady so I don't risk re-injuring myself!!

Now off to finish getting things ready for Kiersten's party. We made her cookies, set the table, and things are pretty much ready to go. Just the last minute tidy & vacuum. ;-) My Mom should be headed on her way here too. The kids will show up at 11. I think we'll try to make the open skate afterwards, we all love ice skating!

OK, I stretched really well & am going to drink my coffee (ahhh, hot coffee) & go use my foam roller to make sure my IT band is nice & stretched.

Have a wonderful Saturday! :)

Enjoy the foam roller today, Judy! Keep stretching & I hope you'll be back to your normal self soon! Hope you have a great time today w/ your family!

Hiya Cathy! You can do it! (re: clean eating) I've really been working on cleaning up my diet as much as possible & it's making a difference. Enjoy your workouts! So how long do you think you'll be able to resist BBC??? ;-) I think my next purchase will be a bike, I'm going to need a decent one for the tri & I'll get a lot of use out if it anyway!

Have a great weekend!

UGH! I had a nice long post and lost it all with a touch of the button. I don't even know WHAT button. sheesh!

Short version...have a great weekend. My eating went South last night at my girls' night out. The Buck Stops HERE! I'm headed to a Weight Watchers meeting to weigh in for the first time in about 2 months, and I know I'll be up. But I need to see that number on the scale to get me to eat right again. GOTTA GET THERE! The boys hate going to those meetings, but I'll just plug them into their Gameboys with headphones. lol

ANYWAY....I've got DOMS in my core and upper back from yesterday's Power Yoga. WOW. Surprises me. I saw that Rodney Yee has a new one out called Yoga Burn. I'll have to keep that in mind! I was up early this morning and did CArdio Kicks with weighted gloves. After last night's eating, I needed the cardio sweat.

OK...gotta get the day started in the house here. I'll be around later today to catch up.

Gayle

Hi Gayle! I hate when I do things like that! Good luck w/ the WW meeting. One of my running buddies was headed to her WI after the run. Sometimes seeing that number is a great motivator! You can do it! Cardio Kicks is a fun one, I bet it's even better w/ the weighted gloves! Have a good one!

Good morning cheetahs! Today is my long run. I'm up to 10 miles
and to the point where I need to carry my cytomax drink with me:7
I was riding my motorcycle around my neighborhood "block" yesterday which is my running route for today. Anyway, I had my camera with me and took this picture about mid way.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL488/4961079/10198994/236547318.jpg
If you look to the right of the mountain, you can see the road continuing up.
So.... anyone want to join me?}( (Insert wicked laugh)
I'll be back later!

ShellyC

Oh, Shelly. I'll join you if you run TOMORROW! LOL. I've got 11 on tap for tomorrow, and unfortunately, I'm doomed to run those 11 on the DREADMILL!!!!!!!!!! I'd MUCh rather be on that road with you today!

Jess-have fun with your party and skating later today.

The weather is supposed to get close to 60's the next few days (before another COLD front, lol) so I promised the boys we'd get outside and start throwing baseball and taking practice swings. We're all rusty!

Later....headed to the dreaded scale, but like you said Jess, it's a great motivator and I NEED it! Checked my records and I haven't been to a meeting since DECEMBER!!!!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...we have the same plan for today! Yes, I caved....all these enablers....:)

Judy...my pain seems worse at night after I get home and have dinner. It must be the couch sitting!! That sounds wonderful attending the christening with your family.

Gayle...it does feel good to get in some sweating cardio after eating not so good!

Jess...good job on the 7.5 mile run. Walking breaks are good when you are getting back into it after an injury.

Wendy...it'll be fun doing BBC together...Good job with the iTreads! You are getting quite a collection starting...

Jackie...good looking guys in those BBC workouts?....glad I ordered them..:)..Which soymilk maker did you get? I have thought about getting one.

Susan...hope you had fun at the jewelry party.

Shelly...glad to know you got the BBC's too! I know yesterday, I burned more cals using the EXT during LIC rather than the low impact stepping...:)...How was the motorcycle ride yesterday? Love the pic!! I'd be happy to join you...:)..Congrats on getting to 10 miles...

Linda...yes, I did order BBC. I have been good about not ordering much as I do like Cathe the best, but those intrigued me. Using the EXT in LIC yesterday was really fun. I do think I will stretch good and try a run tomorrow. You are welcome for the info and the sites. I do feel like the Ningxia Red has given me a bit more energy.

Christine...usually the step does not bother me much when I have pain. I just got to thinking when the pain flared up a bit it was a few hours after doing step. So using the EXT is a better option for me...

I am thinking of an EXT workout and some leg and ab exercises for today.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning again! I finished my morning fruit and cereal and am letting that digest before I go out for my run. I can catch up a little now.

Christine- I am so glad you're feeling your old self again.... well,
your YOUNG self would be a better choice of words! I didn't know the spinnervals had virtual reality workouts. That sounds like such fun!

SunnyD- so how was fridayfamilyfun nite? Sorry you had to spend the whole day cleaningx(

Jackie- I think I've only taken my TM speed up to 9.0 once and I thought my legs would fall off from the stress! My hats off to you :eek:

Cathy- OOH I am such a sucker for those old Rogers&Hammerstein musicals, especially Oklahoma. I was a music major to start off with (no kidding!) Anyway, you have a nice weekend ahead to get in some great stress relieving workouts :7 Have fun with L&B

Judy- Ah, a New York Italian.... that explains it ;-) Just kidding... my inlaws and DH are all New York Italians, and it was quite a cultural shock adjustment for me in the beginning. Great workout yesterday! I've been testing my cadence on my outdoor runs lately and I guess I'm lucky but I measure in at 180-190/min every time without having to think about it.

Gayle- Glad I inspired you with my scenery! Losing a long post has got to be one of the greater frustrations in life x( I rarely have the tenacity to come back and post even a shorter version when this happens to me! Kudos to you for managing a long TM run!!! I find this supremely difficult and I have to put in a really GOOD movie to make it happen.

Jess- Congratulations on your 7.5 mile run!!! Hey, long runs are SUPPOSED to be slow ;-) Stay cool there cheetah... you'll be back in form in no time... actually I think you're already there!
I'm putting in some good time with the foam roller.... love it!

Carole- I had such a great motorcycle ride yesterday!! My neighborhood is great for this as well as running. Almost no traffic to worry about. Unfortunately, motorcycle riders tend to be invisible to car driversx( I have to improve my skills alot more before I'll venture out into the higher traffic areas. I think I'll try out the EXT/circuit workout tomorrow. I'm thinking about trying it with HSTA. Have a great time on the EXT yourself today!

Time to be hitting the road!!!
Later,
ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs!

Talk about needing to get back on track with clean eating. I am so right there with you guys. OMG, I ate everything in sight the past week. I finally started my period, so maybe that will put an end to it.

I had a great time at the jewelry party. I only bought one necklace, but mostly it was nice to just talk and be out of the house for a bit.

I did drill max cardio and legs premix yesterday and it was AWESOME!!! The only time I hopped on my elliptical was when she does the endless leaps and skips. I am going to just do upper body today and maybe a little elliptical. I am trying to really space out the workouts with impact.

We are going to see a play with the girls today for a family day. It is supposed to be 75 today. I love it!

I am off to have some breakfast and tea. I will be back later:)

Susan

Hi Cheetahs!

Oh it was sooo nice to sleep in this morning. I slept with the windows opened and awoke to a cool breeze and birds singing. Very nice. I’m sipping coffee before I start on Judy’s SS/PP Upper Body Blast (FINALLY!) and Spinervals Big Gear Strength. I’m so excited to be able to workout again. DH comes back around 1:30 today (plane lands at 12:20 in San Fran, so with customs and travel he’ll be in 1:30/2:00 which gives me plenty of time to get in a killer workout and get things cleaned up. I’m feeling really soft about right now - kind of doughy, if you know what I mean. I’d like to firm that dough!

Cathy - I’m sooo with you! Between not feeling well and some additional stress I had this week, I ate like a porker. So, it’s time to eat clean again. We should start the check in again!

Judy- thanks! Today will be spent with a DH suffering from Jet Lag, so the reunion will be subdued, but tomorrow watch out. }(

Gayle - sorry about the post! I hate that!!! I do my personals in Word first so I don’t have that problem. Yoga Burn? Sounds interesting. I like Rodney Yee. Sounds like a whole slew of us need to start eating better again!

Jess - a 7.5 mile run?! WAY TO GO! How exciting to be able to do the longer runs again! I’m happy for you. Have fun at Kiersten’s party! Sounds like the perfect bash for a young lady!

Shelly- I love that photo! Makes me long for the desert again. My DH does not understand my love of the arid southwest, but I think the beauty is very subtle and really grows on you. I’ll join you on my bike… :+ I’ll even carry your Cytomax… Spinervals has one VR workout now and is planning to release a 3 hour one of a ride around Lake Placid, which will be a “must-have” for me. The Autumn Ride in Maryland was really fun. So fun that I would love to visit Dad’s old house and ride it for real.

Carole - Sounds like a great workout! If you’re subbing the EXT for the treadmill runs, I wonder if I could sub my bike on BBC. Hmm… Could work. I need to finish paying for DD14’s trip to NYC and Broadway, then I can consider these… I like the idea of the short intense workouts. *sighs* This group is so bad for my wallet!

Susan - another chow hound - eh? Okay, let’s all plan to do better!! Good job at keeping the purchases to a minimum last night - glad you had a good time!! When are we meeting for Thai? Oh, wait, we’re doing the anti-chow hound thing. LOL. I’m so happy with the weather! I LOVE this time of the year. Oh, I know it’ll rain again, but I’ll take the gorgeous weekend!! The only reason I’m not riding outside today is because I don’t have time to do service on the bike.

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone!!

Good morning Cheetahs!!

Cathy - Can't seem to do all 90 minutes of P90X anymore. 30 minutes at a time is good for me. You sound like SO with the GPS. He's likes to see how many different ways he can go to one place. Yeah, the guys in BBC are pretty easy on the eyes.:7

Judy - Great walk yesterday! Have a safe trip to your brother and SIL. Enjoy the family time.

Gayle - How did the weigh in go?

Jess - Great run! Enjoy the party.

Shelley - Your running route looks awesome!! Great job with the 10 miles. Wish I could have joined you. Good cadence for you.

Carole - Now, what would life be like without enablers? Maybe cheaper but no fun. LOL!! I bought the Soyabella soymilk maker. I saw it in Vegetarian Times and liked the looks of it. Searched the web and got it for $99 and free shipping. Made the first batch of soymilk. I think it will take some getting use to and getting the consistency just right. But, I think I'm going to like it.

Susan - Glad you had a great time out last night. Enjoy your day with the family.

Christine - Glad you enjoyed getting back to your workouts!

I did 7 miles this morning outside. I used iTread #10 Outdoors. Legs felt so much better with the run too. The temp was in the high 50's, the sun was shining and there was no wind. I ate a piece of a banana with cashew butter and had a couple of Clif Shot Bloks to give me a little more energy. I don't like to run outside by myself. So, I went to the park where there were people. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Came back home and used Pam's bonus stretch from SuperChargedSculpting and added a little extra. Sure hope she puts out some yoga workouts because I love this stretch and she does such a great live class.

I'm running behind. Will chat with you later. Enjoy your Saturday!

Jackie

Hi everybody! Yeah, I usually do my personals in Word also, but this morning I figured it wasn't as long as normal....and look what happens! LOL

Weigh in was not NEARLY as bad as expected. I am, officially, 10.8 pounds from my WW goal weight (15.8 from my personal goal weight). I honestly expected much worse than that, especially after last night. BUT...I'll take it and I feel like I've got a fresh new start! I need to get one of those counters in my signature line!

Marcia-if you check in, I got the check and your note. I'll let you know when the 'rest' arrives! Thanks in advance.

Sorry for yet another no-personals post....kids are nagging to play, so I must go! Later!

Gayle

Good Afternoon Cheetahs!

Late check in for me. Legs and Back is done. I subbed in B&G abs for ARX today. I needed a change.

I have to hit the showers now...I'll be back later.

Sorry so short! Have a great day everyone!:)

Hello ladies,

another fly by post from me, lol:7

today's workout was IMAX2, gotta love it!! i remember when i thought i was going to die doing that workout. now it's just so much fun.

shelly- family night was/is alot of fun. we usually try to do something different. however the focus is always on the family. no internet, phones etc. last night we rented movies.

cathy- don't kill yourself trying to get everything done. it will all work itself out.

christine- you've got me dying to get a bike so i can try spinervals.

linda- you are so right. i did burn alot of calories yesterday. great way to put a positive spin on cleaning...thanks!

jackie-what does your BBC rotation look like? i can't wait to pull mine out again.

wendy- which itread did you do yesterday? i want it...hehehe

have a wonderful day ladies. i am off to get ready, dh is taking me out tonight!!!:p :9 :7

Hmmm, I have read that one cannot get a really good leg workout on a bike. Meaning that you can work your legs, but real strength conditioning is impossible. Not so. I did Spinervals Big Gear Strength and my legs are fried like B&G! You do have to have clipless pedals and shoes, though, to really take advantage of this one as you start off with 5 reps each leg - highest gear doing single legged pedaling - and that only really works with clipless. But holy cow it works! Added to Judy's SS/PP UB Blast which I did finally do today and it's also killer, I've a nice total body burn. So nice to feel this way again. Now off to the showers before DH comes home, smells me and decides to go back to India. LOL!

Sunny - have fun with DH tonight - and YES - get a bike and we can do a cycling check in! They are the only workout I've found that is consistantly as tough as Cathe. Wow!

Shelly...I just love running on roads where you don't have to worry about traffic!! Glad you had a nice motorcycle ride. I bet the EXT would be fun with HSTA. I burned about 50 cals more using the EXT for LIC friday.

Susan...we got to about 76 today! And more to come...good job spacing out the impact workouts.

Christine...sounds like you got in a great workout before your DH gets home. Hope you both have a nice relaxing evening. Not that I am trying to enable...but yes, I think you could use your bike in BBC.

Jackie..thanks for the info on the soymilk maker. One of these days...:)...Sounds like a very nice 7 mile run for you. Stretching is great to do after a run...

Gayle...glad the weigh in was not too bad. I'd love to loose about 10 lbs, but the scale moves so damn slow for me!

Wendy...good job ob L&B and the abs from B&G. ARX can get a bit repetitive.

Sunny...Imax2 has always been my favorite Imax. Enjoy your evening with DH.

I did a 40 min iClimb #4 and decided not to do any leg work. It was beautiful today so I did lay in the sun...:)...Tonight we are going out to dinner for my neices 31st B-Day....where did the time go??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.