::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Sat., 2/24

So.... what's a girl to do on a freezing rainy afternoon??? More Cathe, of course!! }( I decided to do ME, I just love that workout. Just hanging out w/ the girls, Allison & Greg are taking a nap. Silly guy didn't get home til 5AM playing computer games! :eek: He was a bit tired. We're going to have a tea party & then play some games. Gotta do something fun indoors! ;-)

Hope you're all enjoying your day!

Hi Linda!! Hope you had fun shopping today!! I love your pics too, you definitely do NOT look old enough to be a Grandma!!

Glad to know you had good luck w/ the GS's too. I just love them. I'm just not interested in P90X yet *gasp*. I've had good luck w/ Cathe so I'm sticking w/ her for now. ;-)

Let us know what good deals you found shopping!

Hi Cheetahs-
I was off early this morning –another weekend of swim meets. I only had time for a little UB work. It was a lot of driving 30 min. each way, with each kid -- and though I generally enjoy this all, today I was not in the mood...

ok enough venting....x(

Cathy—Sorry about the bad night’s sleep. And a migraine, too. Yucko. I have migraines and really sympathize with how much they knock you out. If they aren’t too bad, I can get some relief with a higher dose of Alleve, otherwise, it’s the big gun medicines for me like Imitrex.

Linda-that’s terrific you are making time for the fluidity workout. I find those donkey kick-pizza presses very helpful on L&G & B&G and it seems that fluidity uses that move a lot? Have fun with Barry today.

Marcia—sometimes I have recovery/protein shakes. Other times I don’t. But what I eat after a workout is pretty similar nutrition-wise to a protein shake, e.g. protein + carbs + veg/fruit serving I don’t use any protein powder or whey powder if I make smoothies.

Judy-thanks for the additional info about Chi running. That sounds very interesting. I remember reading something similar about body posture, and how much that relates to injury. It’s great your DD is free to explore other interests. If swimming loses the fun factor, there is no point! I know some kids around here who do Crew and really love it (the activity) and the team camaraderie is great. My hair is still looking nice today, thanks to not enough time to exercise in the early a.m.!!

Sunny-good luck with your clients and have fun tonight at your girl’s night.

-Barb
:) :)
more to come..

Wendy-I can’t believe you are already to another recovery week. You are really working hard and time is flying. Which workout will you sub for a run or will you just add it?

Jess—great that you are still feeling good after your run. It’s easy to ignore something like tight hips after a run until you first live through the consequences ---I was pretty unaware of my ITB and hip until it was too late. Now I am hyperaware of it (which is good for me.) Great job getting in ME, too!

Susan—Yay!! You got to run. I think that listening to your body is the way to go. Fter my ITB injury, I used the mailbox walk-run method. Down my street, I’d walk to one mailbox, the jog to the next, etc. It took me (and my creaky body) 3 months to rebuild mileage very safely and no speedwork for me during that time……It was during that whole recovery period that I discovered Cathe workouts – I think focusing on what you can “do” and sprinkling in running as your body allows makes a lot of sense

I’m not currently injured or in pain, but had an ITB problem 3 years ago and had PT. Judy recently had a new flare up of hip pain and that’s how this topic got going again with book ideas, etc. For me, my ITB-Hip-Low-Back-Hamstring area seems very interrelated. So if one of those are stiff, it’s a matter of time before the other kicks in.

Hi to the other Cheetahs checking in later today or this weekend:
Carole, Christine, Elaine, Thomasina ------->that covers California, I think, now go East...
Shelly C, Karen, Gayle, Laura, Kristi ------->heading east, now look up
and Shelley & Laurie ------> O Canada

have a great rest of the weekend. I hope to be back tomorrow or Monday.
-Barb

:) :)

you can see why I don't have a job as a tour guide?? Shelly C is not East, she is southish sorta eastish of CA....

I needed some afternoon Java -- this perhaps what Wendy would advise...

I hear ya, Jess, we've got a nasty snowstorm going on, too. I've done Cardio Coach #4 and then StretchX, feeling good, but now like you, wondering what I could do next. }( The weather isn't suppose to get any better tomorrow either, so I'm thinking I'll be on here all day again and working out a lot - YIPPEE.....those results have to start showing soon??!?!? ;-)

Susan: Good job listening to your body, you'll be back at 100% before ya know it. You've got the dedication for it. ;-)

Take care everyone.
Marcia.

Maybe I'll try CardioX? I've heard that's not too high impact, but this might be a good day to check it out.

Hey, Marcia!! Sounds like you're having some bad weather!! Oh yeah, those results will be showing!! }( I don't know if I'll be able to run tomorrow outdoors if the weather stays like this. I don't want to kill myself running on ice!!

Good luck figuring out another workout. ;-) I'm just going to stretch & do some pilates while we hang out later. (and I keep being drawn back to the computer... ;-) )

He Barb! Sounds like a busy weekend for you! Instead of a soccer Mom, you're the Swim Team Mom! :) You're right in that it's easy to ignore the pain until after you've been injured. I know I'll be hyperaware of my IT band too! Funny how you found Cathe during your recovery period, that's when I found her too!! (almost a year ago!) I got KickMax, then MuscleMax, and the rest is history! ;-)

Have a great night!

Jess-finding Cathe was one of the "find other ways to get your Heart Rate up" activities you mentioned yesterday. I think my first purchase was either MIC or the intensity series on video cassettes. Once I got the DVDs, though, there as no going back to video.
About the ITB/hip area: it's an ongoing learning process to be aware of minor twinges before they grow into something bigger.

Have a good night, too!
-Barb
:)

I know it, Jess, me too. I find myself completely drawn to the computer since I can't get out at all to socialize I'm coming here. ;-) DH just called and won't make it home from work today, so it's me and DS. We have blizzard warnings until 6PM TOMORROW night so I don't think I'll be going anywhere anytime soon. DS is already hoping for no school on Monday :7 . I told him not to get too excited, we are used to this in Minnesota and they should have things passable for school on Monday, but ya never know. Maybe we'll be late :7 .

I never did another workout, I made supper and now just hangin' out. There has been a lot of people losing power, too, lines down because of the ice. We are keeping our fingers crossed because we live in the country and won't have any place to go. :-(

Have a great evening.
Marcia.

Hey Ladies -

Figured I'd do a quick pop in to say hi! Did SuperSets as is today - that's a fun little workout - although I thought she'd go on forever with the biceps and the single legged squats!! :p Then I went to the gym and did CC Choose Living on the treadmill. Then I took a page from Barb's book and had my hair cut (it sooo needed it), and got my nails done, then went grocery shopping. I'm home for a few minutes, then I'm off to a dinner party at our Indian friend's house. More Indian food and Dolly is a phenomenal cook - *looks to the heavens and prays for strength to eat in moderation*. I get to wear a silvar and kurta (a pair of pants with a longish top - but it's black and beaded so it's very pretty).

Sorry I was not very social today ladies!! I am thinking of y'all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.