::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Monday, 3/5

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs :) ~ happy Monday!

This afternoon's workout will be a run (probably on the TM) and C&B. I *gotta* get in some cardio!

Wendy :: too bad you didn't come home a winner but glad you & your friend had such a great time, anyway! Good for you for restraining yourself foodwise - I agree, it is hard when you go out.

Jackie :: look out - there is lots of (good-natured) enabling going on here! :) Thanks for the info on the Tom Tom. I am a gadget person, too. The people I know who have these things absolutely rave about them, so I think it'll be a wise investment. I changed school districts a year ago, and I am still not totally familiar with the area. Sometimes if there's road construction or if I have to drive someplace new out there, I get completely lost. And then, of course, for road trips, too, I think it'll make life so much easier. I like the fact that it can find ATMs, gas stations, restaurants, etc. BTW, I'm also addicted to workout gadgets & gear. Hope your early-morning workout is a good one!

Have a great Monday, everyone! Be back in the afternoon...

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Good morning all,

today's workout will be an interval run. I am so excited, stepped on the scale this morning and i am only 2 lbs away from my goal!! BTW- yesterday we got a new workout station. It has a smith machine and free squatting rack, pec deck, lat pull down, bench with leg extension and cables...whooooooohoooo. I am in heaven.

cathhy- enjoy your run today. hand over that CC young lady..lol

wendy- glad to see you back and that you had some fun this weekend.

fitkansischick-welcome back!

alright ladies i am off for my first appt. this a.m...5:30:eek:

ttyl...

Sunny - great job on the weightloss and so close to your goal - that's wonderful, what a great feeling, huh?!?!

Today is step class this evening. I'd love to get some strength work in, but I doubt I will have any time, I'll have to do that along with a run tomorrow. My training for the 1/2 marathon starts this week, so I will be doing as much as i can. The roads are icy everywhere yet and we have feet of snow everywhere. I don't have a TM, but I do have an elliptical. I figured if nothing else I could start out on that get outside whenever I can.

Have a great day!
Marcia.

Good Morning Girls.

Well I am having someone cover one of my 2 shifts at work this week so that means I only have to work on Friday! I probably won't know what to do with myself by the end of the week! LOL

I am actually vowing to clean the house spotless this week since I have so much time. It's hard with DS around though so what takes a few hours when I am home alone WILL take me all week with him home with me! :7 I am also hoping to do alot of work on my PT exam/reading...

Today's work out is Chest and Back/ARX. I am *VERY* excited to do phase 1 work outs again! I LOVED them!}(

Okay, I think I'm going to try to wash the kitchen floor before the lil' guy gets up...BBL!

Marcia- Thank Goodness you are being mindful of the road conditions. The EXT is a smart way to go for now.

Sunny- Is the new machine at home? yahoo!!!!

Hi Cathy- I think if you drive alone often. the Garmin or other GPS is a good idea.

Well the stray cat is spending every night inside now. But this morning I got brave and picked him up and shut him in our coat room. DS and I will take him to the vet... if we can manage him.

I'm not sure which WO I'll choose this morning, sound familiar?

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Wendy - how was your weekend with the girls??? I hope you had a great time.

Judy - Too funny, I can totally relate to not knowing what to do. Until i started the P90X rotation I was always debating what to do next. Good luck on making a decision.

Marcia.

Good morning cheetahs! Checking in early with the eastern cheetahs since I'm at work and the night has been a slow one:) Today will
be some upperbody work. BM2 double upperbody if I have time.... otherwise... who knows? No cardio today:) I'll let the legs rest.

Cathy. I don't think you'll be sabotaging your p90x efforts by slipping in a run! Have a good one!

SunnyD- Congrats on almost reaching your goal! wooohooo, that is some fancy weightstation you have there!

Marcia- What training program are you using for your half? Will this be your first HM? I don't think you'll suffer at all subbing an EXT workout for a run, especially in the early stages.

Wendy- Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time in Atlantic City :7 Even if it wasn't a "winning" trip, at least you laughed and had fun! Vodka and cranberries? Doesn't that qualify as a health drink then?;-)

Jackie- Is BBC Barry's bootcamp? I know Linda loves these workouts.
Got to hand it to you running in the early dark! I think you'll be the one motivating the rest of us!

Judy- Glad to hear you're taking the week off! Do check out the foam rollers. Got to tell ya though, it is painful at first... but it's a good pain if you know what I mean. And according to Jess, our resident expert, this does go away.

Natalie(fitkansaschick) Welcome back!!! Great to hear from you. Sounds like you have a busy race schedule. I love your "operation
roadtrip" plan! Great motivation.

Carole- Wow... 80 minutes on the EXT!!! I haven't managed to last more than 60 minutes and that's at the lowest level :7 You are one tough cheetah even when you can't run!

Jess- You're poor little Kiersten!!! I hope your ENT can get a handle on this soon! Glad you read my post yesterday and thanks again for the input on the foam rollers!

Well, duty calls! Hi to all the cheetahs who follow:7

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs! This morning I only have time for a quick post. My exercise plans this weekend did not go as I had expected. Due to DD being sick (she is better now), I was up most of the nights and up with both kids at 5:00 every morning. I was so exhausted that I opted to rest instead. Today is a fresh new day. This week I will be running every other day, beginning with today being a 4 mile run on the treadmill. I'll have to wait and see what the week looks like and determine if I can take one run outside. On Saturday, my normal scheduled long run, we are going to celebrate DH's 32nd birthday so I will be changing my long run to Sunday.

Well, I've gotta go. I'll try to BBL.

Hi All -

I'm doing a quick check in to tell y'all that I'm still not feeling too well - did nothing yesterday work-out wise - had no energy. I'm going to try for Power Hour with lower weights this morning just to get the blood flowing but I don't want to get the HR up too high or I'll start coughing. Not fun. Did manage to take DD14 to see Wild Hogs last night - that was a cute movie - we really enjoyed it. Definitely not Casablanca, but it's not supposed to be.

I'll hopefully check in later with personals...

Good morning!!! Sorry to post and run AGAIN, but the school's having a Perfect Attendance Assembly in 40 minutes and I'm not completely dressed. I'll BBL to read all the posts and do personals (and catch up).

Yesterday ended up being a DOR. Felt great, too, just lounging around the house enjoying having everybody around! This morning was a 5 mile run followed by S&H tris.

I promise to be back later!

Gayle

Hi Cheetahs—
I miss chatting with you all, but I think I need to continue my break from posting regularly. My family really noticed a difference last week in my attentiveness/emotional state when I didn’t check in regularly, lurk or read the forums. (sad, but true:( )

I seem to get too mentally consumed with posting, and then doing simple things at home get put off. Of course it doesn’t “have” to be this way, but it seems this is how it works for me, despite trying to change and do both.

On the upside, I have been really regular about my workouts – this weekend---though it sounds insane—it worked great for me, I did this:

On Sunday, I got up at 3 a.m., & at 4 a.m., ran 7 miles on the TM at a faster than usual speed (nothing like a deadline to motivate me!),
--then took my younger son to his swim meet session, leaving the house at 6 a.m. for the 2nd day in a row. It was an hour drive and then spending 6 hours at the meet!!! (My DH did the afternoon session with my older DS & we did the opposite on Saturday.) I got a lot of food prep work done the night before on both days and I just felt great about the day, but it was long. I went to bed last night at 7 p.m., and I feel good today.

Once I start chatting on line or even in person, I don’t do great at going back to staying “on task.” Also, my kids swim practice schedule really eats up a lot of family time. My job is draining and it eats up a lot of time. And I need to do better staying on top of it all. (Picture Jack Nicholson saying: "Barb, you can't handle the truth!!!" But it's true...)

So bye for now. I love all of you marvelous Cheetahs. You are wonderfully inspirational and supportive and I’ll miss chatting with you.

If I can figure out a way to come back as a regular, I will be there. Keep me posted if you plan a Cheetah GTG and I will try to make it.

xxoo (((hugssssssss))))
Barb
:) :) :)

Good morning everyone!

Cathy - That was the only drawback from P90X...the lack of cardio! Enjoy your run! (and C&B!) I am sure it will feel wonderful!

Wendy - I am so glad you had a good time! It is always good to get away and laugh and relax! Sorry you didn't come back "the big winner!". ;)

Sunny - Congratulations on the weightloss and just being a couple of pounds away from your goal! That is great! Yay! Enjoy your new workout station! I would love to have a Smith Machine!

Marcia - Good luck with the 1/2 Training! Yes..I think it is better to use the Elliptical and not chance getting out on the ice and snow! Enjoy your workout and step class!

Judy - Boy! That sure does sound familiar! I hate standing in from of all of my DVD's trying to figure out what to do! But....at least, I guess we are lucky since we have so many choices ;-) That is really sweet of you guys taking care of the stray kitty!

Shelly - Enjoy your upper body "blast"! I hope you have a good day and get some rest after working all night! I got released from "Workout DVD addiction rehab"
:p But...I am sure they will be putting me back in and throwing away the key soon! But....I will try to be good!! :+

Kristi - I am sorry your planns got switched on you! But I hope both little ones are feeling better now!

I took Saturday off (scheduled rest). Yesterday I did the elliptical trainer for an hour with iTrains Marathon training workout and BBC Back and Shoulders. This morning I opted for the elliptical trainer again for 40 minutes and did B&Gs. I have been using B&Gs in my BBC rotation because I just LOVE it and can't stay away from it }(

My leg/hip/glute has been bothering my again. I figured I would mix in the elliptical some and maybe even some spinning. This is getting so aggravating. It would help if I knew what on earth was causing it ;( Maybe just too many running days in a row....or maybe it's not even running that causes it to flare up? It is okay for a while and then comes back.Oh well.

Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a great Monday!

Linda

Linda

Christine - Oh...I am sorry you are not feeling well! Take care and get better soon! I really like Wild Hogs! I needed some light hearted comedy!

Gail - Glad you had such a good relaxing day yesterday! That is great! And good job on the run!!!

Barb - Hi there! I sure do miss you! But I do definitely understand! Check in anytime you get the chance and say "Hi"! You are a busy Cheetah Mom!

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...once I got the ice in the right spot...yes, it helped. I also used an oil called "Pan Away" and this morning the sore area feels wonderful!! I have not heard of Biofreeze but I will check it out. Enjoy your run and C&B.

Sunny..enjoy your interval run. Congrats on getting so close to your goal weight. The Smith machine is one awesome one..enjoy!!

Marcia...good luck on the half training.

Wendy...sounds like you had a fun weekend. I bet Howie was a crack up...Good luck with Phase 3! Have fun with C&B and ARX.

Judy..sounds like you have a permanent stray cat...:)

Shelly...have fun with BM2 upper, that one is tough. I did 2 separate workouts on the EXT back to back and that made the time fly by..:)

Kristi...glad to hear your DD is better. Happy B-day to your DH!

Christine...sorry you are feeling poorly. I am hoping to see that movie soon.

Gayle..good workout bright and early this morning...

Barb...so happy to see your post. I know how the PC can be like a magnet. I am here alot on the weekends and mondays but on work days I don't get here much. Looks like you have been busy with workouts and swim meets. Hope the boys are doing good.

Linda...sounds like a good workout yesterday. I really like B&G too. I know how you feel with the leg/hip/glute pain as mine seems to flare up often. The EXT does not seem to bother it, but for my pain I was feeling it in the right glute and outer thigh too. I found the actual pain origin was right below my lower back on the right side, once I iced THAT area the pain in the outer thigh seems to be subsiding. I will ask my nephew about it today.

Jess...poor Kiersten! I had ear infections when I was a kid and they were no fun. I am also going to look into the foam roller. Ice skating sounds fun!

fitkansaschick...nice to see you again! I am hoping to get to the Road Trip myself. I also need to drop some weight.

Jackie...there seeems to be more aches and pains as I age...I just need to find the right way to treat them...:)..Enjoy your workout this morning.

I am doing GS C&B and abs, not sure what cardio, either my Nordic Track or Lowmax.

Have a great day...:)

Good Monday morning ladies!!

Cathe - Hope you get in a good run this afternoon

Sunny - Congrats on being 2 pounds away from goal! Know you're feeling good! Enjoy that new workout station!

Marcia - Be careful on the ice. Hope you can still get a good workout in.

Wendy - Enjoy your week. Hope you get a lot accomplished. I know that's difficult when you have somebody under foot. I like being able to clean without interruptions.

Judy - Are you keeping the stray cat?

Shelley - Yes BBC is Barry's Boot Camp. Love the workouts but I overdid it the first time around. Got a little hamstring pain from them trying to do too much too soon. Oh, no, I don't run outside in the dark. I'm up at 4:30. I jump on the treadmill. Too much of a chicken to go outside at that time of morning.

Kristi - Glad to hear DD is feeling better. Hope the rest did you good.

Christine - Feel better.

Gayle - Glad you enjoyed your day yesterday! Great job on the run!

Barb - Don't feel bad about taking time to concentrate on your family. I'm sure they appreciate you for it. Sounds like your priorities are in the right place.

Linda - Hope you can figure out what's causing the pain.

Carole - Have a great workout today!

I did BBC Arms & Abs, 2.5 mile easy run and Cathe's basic stretch. Arms are still trembling from Barry this morning and the stretch felt oh so good.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Carole, Linda & Jackie (nice to meet you!)

Thanks for the support. I guess this is what I need to do.

Carole--Thanks for the good wishes for my kids. They are both doing well. My older son got a qualifying time to swim the mile in the A-level state championship meet. The mile time was 20 seconds faster than he was hoping for and a fabulous accomplishment. He is unlikely to place though when he swims it at the meet because it is an open age-group event, for kids ages 13-18.
He qualified to swim in the B-level championship meet in 6 other events, which is way better than he expected. Once at the B-level meet, he did not place, but for him, qualifying to swim there was a major goal.

My younger son qualified for the B-level championship in 2 events, but didn't do well--it's fine and he's ready for the next season to start. He's only been swimming since last May & my older one, only swimming since last December, so any kind of progress from where they started is the important benchmark. Long-course (50-meter instead of 25-yd pool) season starts in April and they will have more chances to improve. And most importantly, they love it and are smiling! They're ready to get going for another season.

Judy's daughter-when she swam was at a much higher level beyond the state championship level!!! It's incredibly impressive what her DD accomplished!!!

Have a great day everyone!
:)

Barb

Good morning ladies,
I was MIA yesterday. I had a productive day just cleaning up the house and organizing things. I hate feeling unorganized and not being able to find things. I feel much better today having done that.

I called my mom and she is very tired and did not want to talk to anyone. She is still battling the pneumonia and I did not bring up the cancer to my dad. I think he is extremely overwhelmed. I am now worried about him. He does everything for her and not too much for himself. I think I need to start focusing on him a little more.
Anyway, I am trying to stay upbeat and not be down in the dumps too much. I keep having all of these memories pop in my head about my mom. It is keeping me up some nights. I had a dream that she came to my house and knocked on the door and asked if she could come in. I woke up then, very weird.

Anyway, I had good workout yesterday. I did the elliptical for 60 minutes and then had a good long stretch. My glute/ham is still got something going on with it. I have really found that I just have to workout differently now. I gues it is not a bad thing, it is just different. I have been so hard core for so long and have gotten away with a lot of pounding, but I just can't anymore. I still have great workouts though, but I just take a lot more rest days and kind of go by how I feel on a daily basis. I am really wondering if I will ever feel totally comfortable running again. I can do it, but I still feel twinges of discomfort. Oh well, I am learning to take most things in my life right now day by day.

Wow, that was a long thought :)

Today, I am just doing upper body and giving the lower body a break. I am going to try to get some good step workouts in the week.

I have no time for personals right now, but thank you cheetahs SO MUCH for all your prayers and nice thoughts about me and my mom. It is SO appreciatied. You guys are wonderful friends, really.

Well, I have to take my girls to school now, BTW, we all had a great time at disney on ice on saturday. It was very magical and so fun to see my little one beaming when she say Cinderella.

TTYL,
Susan

Carole - Very interesting! I will try icing my sciatica area when I get home from work and see if that helps any. Let me know what your nephew says about that. Enjoy your workout! Oooo! LoMax! I love that one!

Jackie - LOL! I know what you mean about your arms shaking from Barry's Arms! I can hear his laugh now! }( He cracks me up! Good job on the workout! Thanks for the well wishes!

Susan - Oh my, that is just so, so hard to go through. I am thinking about you and your family. I know what you mean about having to change your workout ways. It sounds like an awful lot of us have the same type of injury. I just can't really figure out what caused mine. Don't know if it is impact...or something from lower body work. But I do know that, like you, I am going to have to tweak things a little. Good job on your elliptical workout! When my dad was ill, I tried to keep up with my workouts as best as I could. I think it did me some good to have some time to try to clear my head.

Linda

I have a 3 mile run planned for this afternoon. It is suppose to be 68 degrees by this afternoon.

I did Butts & Gutts yesterday.

Sunny :: congrats on your weight loss & your new workout station!! Sounds awesome!!

Marcia :: From what I have heard here, the EXT is an excellent sub for running…have fun with step tonight!

Wendy :: happy cleaning! Hope you got a lot done.

Judy :: Between driving alone and road trips with others, I do think the Garmin is justified. I hate wasting time being lost! Did you manage to get kitty to the vet? Does he have a name yet? :)

Shelly :: I don’t think doing more cardio will foul it up, either…I’d rather not dip below 3 runs a week. I’m sure I have lost some endurance by not getting outside as much in the past couple of months. Glad it was a slow night for you ~ have a good workout!

Christine :: sending feel-better vibes your way!!

Barb :: Whoa, if you’re wakin’ up at 3 am to workout, you are one busy mama!!!…Absolutely, the posting *can* be time-consuming and it goes without saying that the people in your life should come first!…Of course, we’ll be here whenever you have time to pop in!! Maybe once a week would be do-able?? Either way, we love ya! PS…Sounds like the boys are doing great with swimming!! Good to hear.

Linda :: sorry about that mysterious leg/hip/glute pain. (Seems to be a popular problem area for cheetahs lately!) I guess I would keep a workout journal, so you can possibly pinpoint which type of activity is the culprit. Good luck – I hope it goes away! I really like the stretches in Fluidity – do they help at all?

Carole :: Glad the ice helped. I’ll have to check into the “Pan Away.” It always good to have something else in the ol’ arsenal. The foam roller does sound appealing, too, but I wonder how it would be different than The Stick.

Jackie :: I’m with you – I don’t like to run in the dark, either. Good workout!…Barry is on my wish list.

Susan :: thanks for sharing the update about your mom…Do you have any other siblings or family members who live near them? I think, under the circumstances, it might be impossible to stay “up” all the time. It is good for you to talk about your feelings…the dream shows your mind is working hard to process this. More ((((HUGS)))) because there is not much else we can say or do to make it easier for you…Re: the running, fingers are crossed you can get back to where you used to be. I’m glad you all enjoyed DOI.

Hi Kristi, Gayle, and Natalie (AKA fitkansas).

OK, I’m off to hit the TM.

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.