::: CHEETAHS ::: Mon., 11/13

Uh-oh, sounds like a bit of IT band strain to me!!! Are your hips tight?? Did you stretch? Where is the pain in your knee, on the side??? Start stretching NOW!!!!! You do NOT want to prolong it if it is the IT band, believe me!!

Take care of yourself, ok?? I don't know if you have a set of routine stretches after running, but definitely get into the habit!

Thanks, Linda! We've played Chutes & Ladders, matching games, and she's done Play-doh this morning so she's definitely feeling better! I'm sure she'll take a good long nap again this afternoon though!

I hope the pics turn out well. We didn't do professional pics last year, but we usually get a family one done every year. I love seeing how the girls have grown & changed (and seen how much I've changed too - LOL).

I love the half marathons, they're such a fun distance. Much less stress & training than a full marathon. I'm thinking of doing BM2, I haven't done that one yet! I'll decide in half an hour when Allison lays down! ;-)

Great job on the 10K, Katrina!! You know, I have never *raced* a 10K, I'd love to do one! I've done plenty of 5K's but there aren't as many 10K's around this area for some reason.

I wasn't as organized last year so we didn't get pics done so I planned them early this year! My brother just took a pic of us in front of our tree which turned out cute anyway.

Enjoy your workout at the gym! Take care of that calf & stretch!

Cheetahs!

Laurie ~ sounds like a great workout! I'm always super sweaty after working out too- yuck!

Too funny about Drop Dead Fred & the cobwebs part, that was hilarious!! I'm going to have to see if I can find a copy of that to watch!! Oh, and Phoebe Cates is now a fashion designer!! I just happened to read that in a magazine last week, I figured I'd be the only one who knew who she was!! I loved her in Shag too, anyone else see that movie??

Christine ~ I hope you're feeling better soon! I'm still feeling the darn sinuses, I don't think the 5 day antibiotic was enough to kick it. Good idea not wearing the new boots today!

Cathy ~ Sounds like a fun weekend! Good to see you back today!

Carole ~ Rainy here today too- yuck! Have a good one!

Judy ~ Great job on the run! Hope your hair looks beautiful! I just got a trim last week & it feels so much better!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Christine - I love to go to the games live, too :7 But this was a college game.....WVU and Cinn. We won! (WVU). By the way...I tried to click on the link that you posted the other day to see you and your DH's picture the other day, but it would not work for me :-( Hope all is well now!

Jess - Chutes and Ladders! That sure brings back memories! So glad she is better! Have fun with BM2!!

Wendy - uh oh. Hope it feels better soon!

Katrina - Yay! That is great on your 10k! I love it when I get used to doing hills....and then I run on a flat course! It feels so good! Great time! Congrats! I can't wait to do another one! (But I am slower than you!) take care of your aches!

Susan - Enjoy your rest day! Ahhh! I would love to be home, curled up with a good book right now!

Laurie - Man...there are a lot of football fans here, aren't there!!! Glad you enjoyed your sweat fest!! Great job!

Come on 5:00! I want to go home!!!
:+

Linda

Hey Jess.

My hips don't feel tight. I stretch them alot. I have a routine of stretches that I do with running but I will forget to stretch afterwards which I know is not good. In fact, I forgot today!:eek: I remember to stretch before all of the time.

The pain in my knee is on the inside. The side facing the other knee. My hip pain is up high but on the back side almost like it's my butt, not my hip. Not sure which it is to be honest! LOL

Well, that's good then! I hope whatever was bothering your knee is feeling better & the hip pain stays away! It could be the sciatic nerve like Susan's had to be towards the butt like you described. Anyway, stretching is always a good thing! ;-)

Hi Cheetahs--
just popping in today but hope to check in tomorrow. I'm kind of in a slump today post a weekend that was too busy and I'm behind on everything at home... x(

Did my long run yesterday -- in a mad rush to squeeze it in. good run, but bad karma...Did GS Back and GS Chest today --more personals tomorrow.

Wendy--Wild guessing here: see if doing the leg extensions in L&G help that inner knee pain. The exercise where you lift your leg up, then extend it and down, wearing ankle weights. Or you can try it with a band, lying on the ground, legs extended in front of you: knot the band and try lifting one leg up at a time with medium tension and see if it makes any difference in that inner knee spot.

I get that sometimes, different than ITB and try to do that exercise and inner thigh work (which I hate) to help keep that at bay.....

Have a great day everyone!1
-Barb:)

I did it!

OK, I did it! I survived Body Max 2!! ;-) Actually, I really enjoyed it. The music was fun & the step wasn't too bad once I got the hang of it. Jessie's Girl is a song my sisters always used to sing to me so it always makes me chuckle. (only my oldest sister & brother call me Jessi!) And I love Heaven is a Place on Earth, great song! I felt tired by the time we got to the upper body though, it's just such a long workout! I liked the abs & planks & the stretch felt great!

I need to shower so my hair will have a chance to dry before pics tonight! (it won't be all dry, it seriously takes all day for my hair to air-dry!) I hope the kids cooperate & we get some good ones of all of us! And of course I have a couple big zits on my chin, thank God for cover-up! :p

Have a great night!

Linda...yes, I think we did post at the same time this morning! I love B&G too.....until tomorrow and the DOMS!!!

Laurie...way to go with KM and upper body. I will let you know how the glutes feel tomorrow!...I don't mind the rain much and I do remember that Carpenter song...our new woodstove keeps everything nice and cosy...:)

Susan...enjoy your rest day.

Katrina...Congrats on improving your 10K time by 2 min!!! I bet SM was great for you. Have fun at the Gym.

Christine..sorry about the not so great feeling...hope you feel better soon. Yes those bicep curls in LIC are killers!! True....not likely I wouldn't watch football on Sunday. I was just happy the Bears came back and beat the Giants....now my DH & I are tied on the picks. The tiebreaker is the score tonight! I have to say the abs with weights in B&G are now my fav abs!!

Wendy...that is bizarre how the pain is moving around...being on the inside of your knee I think its just a tweak and should go away soon. Like Susan said, I hope the hip/butt pain is not the beginning of sciatic...

Barb...sorry about the busy weekend. I have to try and catch up today also...

Jess...glad Allison is better. Have fun with BM2...its a long one...:)

B&G went very smooth today. I dropped to 3 lbs on the low pulse lunges as they burnt out my legs last time....felt much better today. Still raining and I need to get busy with housework....:)

RE: I did it!

christine class is going great! I really enjoy teaching it. I teach tonight.

I recieved my p90x ,man I cant believe even the work they put into packaging the system,very nice!!

carole, dont know when I will do the rotation but I definately will incorporate some of his exercises in my class!!(wicked laugh, like cathe does)

I will read up on the system and view some of the workouts tonight after class.

talk with you all later!!

Hey cheetahs,
I’m back. I need to start writing the hell out of a paper for one of my grad classes but figured I’d check in real quick. I couldn’t resist the urge -- went out and got in a good & soggy 6 miles. Don’t mind the rain when the temps are warm. But no upper body.

Wendy :: did you get my PM? I’m not sure if it went through or not. I couldn’t seem to find an outbox. Sorry about your knee/hip issues today!

Laurie :: Corona was indeed the beverage of choice for me…everyone else did their own thing. We rocked out! :) Hope you enjoyed your day off.

Sunny :: Baltimore was a BLAST! Had never been there before…really enjoyed it and plan to go back again soon for a weekend getaway. Hope the quad pain eases up.

Carole :: thanks…I did! B&G is on tap for me tomorrow morning bright & early! Oddly enough, I’m dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time. Makes no sense, I know!

Linda :: glad you enjoyed your tough, hilly run…did you wind up working out tonight?

Jess :: we’ll be expecting you to post the family holiday pic when it becomes available, natch. Ooh, sounds like BM2 has some good 80s tunes!

Susan :: great book! I read it while traveling this summer. Couldn't put it down. Enjoy your rest day!

Judy :: good workout today…enjoy getting your hair done. :) Nothing like a professionally done coif to make you feel great. Except maybe a massage. And pedicure. :)

Katrina :: congrats on your 10K PR! Take care of that calf.

Christine :: no, no real sightseeing. We just hung out eating & drinking in the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. Had the most delicious crabcake sandwich ever! My students are in the middle of a Poe study…and we just finished up “The Raven.” They’re always surprised to know the team name has literary origins. I still haven’t tried LIC, believe it or not.

Barb :: sorry to hear the over-busy weekend’s got you down. Glad you managed to squeeze in your long run.

Hi to anyone else I’ve missed. I *SO* do not want to start this paper but off I must go to ponder over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore. Ugh! Have a great night!

cathy :)

Barb: Thanks for the tip on doing leg ext's! I'll have to make that happen!:)

Cathy: Yes, I got your PM!:) I'm just being lazy about writing back at the moment!;) LOL

Jess: Glad to hear your relief when I described where my pain was! I don't need I/T band issues when I haven't even gotten to a 10 mile run yet!:eek:

Carole: I may do B&G tomorrow. I have DM on tap but that might be changing!}(

Hello to everyone else! I'll be back in the morning!:)

Wendy,
I just ordered the new Jari Love interval workout 1000. It looks really good. I watched the clip and I am so excited. Thanks for giving us the scoop. I have slim and lean and have not tried it yet. Anyway, Just had to share my excitement:)

Susan

I got home after class tonight and had to preview the p90x workouts. I didnt think tony was that annoying like some people had said he was. He's a bit of a dork but I actually laughed at him a couple of times. I previewed all the workouts except yoga x and stretch x. They look like very good workouts. The only one I might not want to do as much though is the one with the kickboxing stuff init. I will do it a few times but I get bored with workouts like that. Could I substitute running instead?

another great class tonight! the one girl in my class told me that she just likes to complain,that me getting onto her is good for her. so tonight she was whining and I said oh quite complaining, laughing of course. I have so many things I want to do in class but obviously cant fit everything in one class.

well I better get to bed it is almost 1 am here in ohio.

goodnight!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.