::: CHEETAHS ::: Fri,. 11/3

>>>Ok tell me which JL tapes to buy???<<<

Hey Barb! Get Rttc and S&L for sure! Don't bother with Ripped unless you want a less intense work out. I use it but it's probably not advanced enough for you. I have the new one Ripped 1000 on it's way to me. I'll let you know how that is once I've had the chance to try it!:)

Colleen - Break a leg tonight!! I think it's wonderful that you're doing this! Have so much fun! The new workouts have so many great premixes that you can make them any amount of time you want.

Just found out that I have to be in Napa at 10:30 tomorrow morning, which means I either skip a work out *stares balefully* or I get up at 5:30. Oh joy... We're going to see the ground breaking on the condo we're thinking of buying there. How exciting! We're also meeting friends for Brunch - which is why we need to be there early. Then afterwards it's a quick drive home (two hours each way) and off the DD17's Senior Recognition night for Cheer. Busy day, so if I don't pop in to say hi, you'll know why!! Thinking of a 6 mile run, followed by the PLB floorwork for a workout tomorrow.

Happy Late Friday Cheetahs!

Yesterday I was out of town for "lady doctor" appt. and didn't have any time online, but I did get to visit my Mom so that was totally worth the long drive and stirrups :p

Cathy-Our *early* riser! Hope you enjoyed your rest day. I took one yesterday, much needed for tackling BMax2 today, lol:) Get ready to work this weekend.

Barb-I tried the workout bands that I have, but they are all far too strong for firewalkers, unless I really do want to set my butt on fire, lol! It's the dynaband for me.}( DH did the abs from LIC yesterday and really liked them. I did those from BMax2 today, both are of a nice intensity, and you're right, Cathe is full of good form and intensity tips in these. B&G abs are up next, how heavy were ankle weights? Also, did you get my email? It kept getting returned to me as "spam", lol.

Wendy-I love the new avatar! What precious little Pooh! No DOMS from DrillMax? Somebody's getting crazy fit....}( I also felt like I was coming down with something after I did the BMax2 premix a couple of nights ago. Talk about shock your body.

Katrina-Hi! I can't wait to do LIC b/c when I previewed it I couldn't stay off my step. Which blast is the hardest?

Shelly-I would warn you of the premixes from this series (deceptively tough), but then it's you, and I know you could do anything, so I won't bother with the warning;-)

Jess-So when do you start PT for the ITB issues? I've just found that stretching my piriformis has really helped stop the achy hip syndrome I sometimes have. Don't you love L&G? Have you played with the KPC/L&G premixes yet?

Sunnydelite-Sorry about the weekend plans:-( How handy to have an "in house" reviewer of so many new workouts, lol!

Carole-I did Bmax2 today! Except I used 8 inches b/c I'd already done a premix so was pretty familiar with the routines. I loved it too! The step is so fun, and goes so well with the music. Isn't the last blast a killer? I squeaked by with the 15's on everything except the incline bicep curls, that just wasn't happening:7

Susan-I can't believe you were up close and personal with Mr. YP! What a dream...:+ I hope you like BMax2 today, I loved it! (see my response to Carole). How did it go for you? And don't worry, you're definitely not the only cheetah who's food obsessed, lol! I'm already thinking about my mom's rolls for TG!

Christine-Wow, you did my "dread factor" workout today. PUB's endless pikes and KM blasts (although I'm like you, and on a good day they are starting to be much easier!).

Hi Colleen, Elaine, and anyone else that I missed!

Today it is snowy and cold! I did BMax2 this morning, the whole thing is actually easier than the Cardio Blast Premix, fyi! Then it was serious cleanmax, laundrymax, and erranmax, ugh!
Have a great afternoon cheetahs,
Mattea

Checking in a little late today again! I did the floor section of GS Legs and an interval workout on my elliptical.

Jess, My 5 year old DD loves hanging out with me when I work out too and can do full body pushups with perfect form! Last week she was the "shining star" in her kindergarten class and had a questionaire to fill out at the beginning of the week. It asked to name two things she could do very well and she told me to write pushups and coloring! She's funny! Before your explanation I had no idea that IT band problems affected just running. So glad that you have a way to get intense cardio while on the mend.

Cathy, Enjoy your rest day. I had two of those this week......unscheduled which tends to drive me crazy! I got my new DVDs yesterday but haven't gotten around to checking them out yet.

Barb, Did you order the new DVDs? When you mentioned SH I realized that I have so many Cathe DVDs that I don't use but should. Not to mention P90X and now my new Jari Love......

Wendy, Enjoy your rest day too!

Katrina, Do you mean that LIC is low impact and not low intensity? I can't imagine anything from Cathe as low intensity!

Shelly, No, I didn't do 2 hours on the elliptical. I got started too late but I did do 75 minutes.....Do I still rock???

Sunny, Sorry your weekend get away got sidelined! How are you going to fit in so many new workouts?

Carole, Your rundown of BM2 makes me want to give it a whirl. Just don't know when I'll get it done! Maybe I'll sub it for one of my elliptical workouts. What you said about your nephew John is exactly what I meant when I think about how some whiners need to be knocked upside the head! Perfect example!!!

Susan, I don't really have food obsessions but I am an all or nothing woman so if I eat one small piece of candy it's all over with! It's OK for me to have it in the house because when I get in a mood where I eat bad then it doesn't matter what I have around because I'm gonna go overboard on something. For instance if I don't have junk I could feasibly eat a whole loaf of buttered toast throughout the day!

Christine, A condo on Napa sounds heavenly!! Have a good time!

Uh oh. Ran out of time. Gotta go get DD from school. Hi Mattea, Colleen.

Hey all! I am late checking in today but had lots to do. The doctor gave me a cortisone shot, told me to limit my running to 1 or 2 days and no speed work. Which I have been doing. ( yuck as I speak my doggy is coughing up a hairball or something. Oooohhh, TMI, I know)
Anyway, I am also going to sleep with some sort of splint and that should also help. If it doesn't show improvement I might have to stay off it. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Today I did B&G! Fun workout but those firewalkers didn't seem as hard as some of the other stuff. For instance those really low lunges with a weight. I swear I could barely stand afterwards, but it was a good feeling. I think that tells me I am doing them right! Tomorrow will be a rest day for me and I probably won't get to check in as my DS has basketball in the morning and then DH and I are going to IKEA to get furniture for a home office. DH is going to be working from home now! Is that good or bad? LOL! Seriously, I think I will like it. ANyway everyone have a good weekend and I'll catch y'all on Sunday!
LD
LD

Elaine ~ That's too cute about your dd!! My dd's do pushups w/ me too. My 7yo can do chinups like crazy on the playset too. Allison is really good at downward dog too, cracks me up. I used to go to aerobics classes w/ my Mom at the YMCA when I was a kid & loved it. I can remember grape vining to Celebration. LOL The IT band is the tendon that runs from your hip to your knee. My hips are very tight & when the band pulls where it attaches to my knee is where I feel the pain. I'm almost wondering if I have problems because I was born w/ my hip turned in a bit (I was very pigeon toed as a child). I'm going to ask the PT about it to see if that might have something to do w/ it.

Good job on the 75 min on the elliptical- you definitely rock!! And I'm with you on the candy thing. I did NOT eat ONE piece of Halloween candy this year. Usually I find myself binging on it. I was so good & as OCD as I am about things I organized all of the candy. It's all in separate baggies- Reese's, Snickers, Kit Kats, and then all of the Tootsie rolls, hard candies, etc. I seriously need help! And I sent a bag w/ my dh to work. My kids don't get a lot of candy normally & this week I've let them have 2 pieces after dinner, they've been in heaven! ;-)

G'afternoon!

I'm a nut, I did all of GS legs & felt it!! After L & G w/ ankle weights last night & IMAX 2 on an 8" step today my legs are feeling super strong!! ;-) I have to say that I wore my low rise jeans today & they actually felt loose! WOOHOO! I might need a belt!

It's been a busy day. I helped in Kiersten's class, I love the kids in her class. She told me that her friends in her class all like me & her friend Gracie thinks I'm so pretty. (I love that girl! LOL)

I've got to finish laundry & pack up for our trip to my Mom's. It's her bday on Monday so we're going there tomorrow to celebrate. We'll stay til Sunday sometime. I've got to help her some more sorting through Grandma's things. Soooo much stuff, my Grandma saved everything!!!

Well, my dd's are happily making crafts now so I have a few minutes of peace!

Barb :: Smiled at the visual of you trotting in w/ a suitcase to transport the muffins. Actually, I don’t know what you look like exactly, so the visual’s kinda fuzzy. :) Glad you had a strong run yesterday.

Wendy :: what was the workout that gave you the sore calves? Aside from hill running, I don’t think I work mine enough. Are you feeling any better?

Katrina :: thanks…I just shredded the box and plan to do some previewing soon. Had plans to go out but am feeling homebody-ish tonight. I was planning on a run tomorrow morning, but now it sounds like I have to give one of these workouts a go. Thanks for the comments on LIC. I’ll be sure to preview it first before I attempt it.

Shelly :: sounds like a gorgeous trail you ran today. I just knew you wouldn’t have TOTALLY rested yesterday! :) I really do think you are the most hardcore cheetah in our midst – and that’s saying A LOT! I know I feel like a bum compared to the rest of you! :: lol ::

Jess :: I don’t have ankle weights anymore, either, so I need to buy a new set.

Sunny :: wow, you & Katrina have got me pumped for LIC. Sorry to hear your trip got cancelled. I loooove Fleet Feet!

Carole :: thanks for your reviews of BM2. I can’t wait to preview all of them. They can't be as good as sexercise, but I guess they'll have to do. }( :)

Susan :: no, you are absolutely not the only cheetah with a food obsession. I have been a MANIAC! How’d you like BM2?

Christine :: I groaned when I read about the dreaded pikes. I can do all of about one before I fall off the ball. :: lol :: Cracked up about the candy bouncing even after you stopped. :)

Colleen :: good to see you…break a leg tonight! Sounds like you’ve managed to stay active despite your chaotic schedule…good for you!

Mattea :: snowy?? Where are you again?

LD :: sorry to hear you have to cut back on running…that sucks! Fingers are crossed for ya.

Elaine :: how many rest days would you normally schedule? I know what you mean…I have favorites I keep going to and don’t utilize all the DVDs I do have. I never do my Jaris!

OK, I think I got everybody. Have a good night, cheetahs! :)

Mattea ~ I'm so glad that you're back!! I've missed seeing you! Snowy & cold- yikes! It was chilly here today, I'm not ready for snow though!

Gotta love those lady Dr's appts! Glad you got to see your Mom though, that definitely makes it worthwhile!

I do love L & G, I did Leg press mania the other day & the ankle weight premix last night. Great premixes!! I've been stretching my hips/ piriformis too, the yoga DVD that I have works on that.

I start PT on Wed, that was the first available appt. I'm not planning to run until after my appt, it's been this long I may as well wait it out. Why is it when I have an injury it always seems to take 6-8 weeks to heal?? Darn tendonitis!!!

Have a great night!

Cathy~ I hope you enjoyed your rest day! I saw you asking about sore calves, for some reason GS legs always seems to get my calves! All of those calf raises!

The ankle weights definitely added resistance to L & G, in a good way! I'll defintely be adding them in to other workouts.

Have a great night!

Susan ~ My fellow OCD friend. I get a bit OCD about things too. Instead of eating the candy, I organized it all (see my other post). I love everything in order, I can't help it. I didn't binge on candy this year, but I did have 2 homemade Rice krispy treats, they were so yummy!

I think you can defintely feel L & G w/out the weights, but they definitely added in some resistance!! I've got the workouts saved & I'd love to order them. My Dad actually gave me my Christmas money early, so I might go ahead & order them as an early gift!! :) I really want Butts & Guts & DrillMax. The other 2 I can wait til later, there are other DVD's that I'd rather have first.

And I wanted to say how adorable your dd's are! I loved their Halloween pic & you look great in your yoga outfit! You're too cute!
I love squeezing in 2 workouts a day, I try to do it at least 3x a week if I can. If I can get up early to get in my cardio then I like to do my weights in the afternoon at naptime.

Hope you enjoyed BM2!!

Wendy ~ Just wanted to say how cute your little Pooh bear is!! I hope you enjoyed your rest day & time w/ your Mom! I'm going to see my Mom tomorrow, I love spending time w/ her!

I'm excited for your 5 mile race, can't wait to hear the details!

RE: G'afternoon!

Susan...good Elliptical workout! Yes, the new workouts are soooooo fun!! And yes, be patient with your back...:)

Sunny...have fun at Fleet Feet! It is great to get your feet analyzed!

Christine...probably the longer you run for the more your heart will get into shape for running, and the other workouts, even the ones with Blasts will not get your HR nearly as high as running. I have noticed that for years. Your rotation sounds good...so stick with it. Yes, I will use my 12.5's for BM2 next time as I know it is good to be smart about your shoulders. Christine...NO!!...you mean Napa is farther away from you than 15 minutes!!!!

Mattea...way to go on the 15's....I hope I get there some day...:)..Glad you got to visit your Mom. No snow here...just rain!!

Elaine...I am so impressed with your DD! 5 and doing full body push-ups!!! I did BM2 instead of my Elliptical. Yes, John does keep things in perspective with me. I hope your emotions are doing a bit better....you have been in my thoughts...:)

Cathy...I don't know?....these new DVD's do rate higher than sexercise...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/blab.gif[/img]

I got in a 4 mile interval run (in the rain), just a bit faster than I have been running, so I was happy!!

http://bestsmileys.com/weather/1.gif[/img]

Carole ~ Good job for getting in your run in the rain! And yeah for being faster! Thanks for the reviews on the new workouts too, I'll live vicariously through you ladies for now!!

Jess-glad you have a plan for your IT band. Good for you. Have a great weekend.

Wendy--thanks for the advice on JL workouts!

Christine--have a fun weekend trip!

Mattea--I got both emails -- don't know why one got sent back. I am writing you back soon!!! Glad you liked the abs on the new DVDS. I haven't tried the abs on any tape but B&G.

Elaine--buttered toast is a lovely thing to eat! Yum!

Cathy-- I'm wearing a trench coat while I carry the suitcase with the muffins! It's a good look for me!

Have a great night everyone
-Barb

Thanks, Barb!! Sounds like a good plan to wear a trench coat while carrying muffins!! LOL Good workouts, I'm jealous of everyones runs but glad that someone else can run for me for now ;o)

Have a great night!

OK, OK, I did it!!!! Since my Dad gave me my Christmas money early (he usually does that), I ordered some workouts!!! I was just going to order B & G & DM, but it was going to be $63 w/ shipping & if I ordered $99 worth of DVD's then I get free shipping so I got BM2 & CoreMax since I don't have that one. So...... my workouts will be on their way next week!! You're all such enablers!!! Now I'll be searching for my UPS man next week. Did I tell you before that he's a runner too??? We seem to run into each other at the local races, it's kinda funny!

OK, kids are playing play-doh now. I've gotta go finish packing up for my the trip to my Mom's!

Mattea – I agree! I was dreading the pikes so much, but they were okay – I still can’t do them all without falling off the ball, but I’m getting better! And notice I said easier.. not easy! I was still huffing and puffing! Snowy? Wow! I guess it is November, though.

LD – I glad to hear you have a starting place! Good luck with DH home all the time. I kept forgetting that my DH was actually working and kept asking him to do things. That didn’t work to well. :+

Elaine – maybe that’s where we should have the CA GTG! We can all pile in there – but it won’t be done until 2008. I love that DD loves pushups! That story was soo cute!

Cathy – that and the ME abs are the only abs works I really have a major dread factor for. I need to get this belly off – it’s driving me batty!

Jess – that’s such a sweet pick-me-up! I love that your daughter’s classmates think your pretty! Have fun at Mom’s! And YEAH!!! You and I can be starting the new ones together! How fun!
Carole – yeah, I’m noticing that, especially with step – have to jump it to an 8” to get any kind of workout. But, that’s okay. And YES!! There is SOMETHING more than 15 minutes away! I laughed so hard when I read that!

Barb – how about a violin case full of muffins while wearing your trench coat. We could call you Ms. Barbarino… I wonder how far you would get! :+ Just the mental image…

Oh boy - DH booked a trip to North Carolina for Thanksgiving - I never even thought to check it. He booked it for the wrong week! So now he's on Orbitz hoping to get some kind of a real refund ($1600 trip and they offered us $86 for a refund. Gee, thanks!). If we cannot get a refund there's no way we can afford to move the trip out! I'm so bummed.

Christine--bummer about booking the trip for the wrong date....but I have a friend who moved here to Michigan from N. Carolina and is really homesick -- so I'm sure it will be beautiful when you go (she says opening the violin case...)

**I said wait your turn before you take a muffin...I'm da Barbarino.***

Jess--Yay! you get some new DVDS!! So sweet of your dad to help you out. Don't feel too blue about taking a break from running. This sounds hokey--but this is an opportunity to expand yourself and you've been doing that beautifully doing other tapes, household projects and other things. I had an ITB injury and really benefitted from PT. It made me a much smarter runner (though I didn't know I wasn't being smart). Check out Sarah (imafitnessfreak) pic. trail for her pictures of ITB stretches. Also, you can go to runnersworld and look up some.

Carole--good job upping your speed and in bad weather to boot. I can't use the motionbased stuff because I have a Mac -- so I'm not downloading data.

LD--I have mixed feelings when I'm at home with DH, too.

Have a great weekend,
-Barb

:) :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.