Cheetahs check in for tuesday 6/27/06

laura35

Cathlete
Good morning cheetahs,

sounds like everyone had a busy weekend. I was MIA yesterday, too much going on. My son had another baseball game lastnight. I didnt get home until after eight o'clock. So we ended up with a late supper. I ran 5.5miles yesterday. The air was very thick and heavy at 6a.m. here and my brother and I both had a hard time breathing. Today is a rest day for me.

carole I dont know how those people run that far. The half is pleny long enough for me. I bow down to them!!!

jess, guess your stronger than you thought huh!

I will be on vacation next week and have no plans to go anywhere . I do have alot of stuff to get done around my house though.

talk with everyone later!!

Good morning, Laura and all that follow.

Laura - great job on your run - great determination to keep running through the heavy and thick air. :) Sometimes it makes the end result even sweeter after you've run in not so wonderful climates.

I am struggling to get motivated today for anything. I did Super Sets and 40 minutes on the elliptical last night. Today is a 4 mile run and I'm just not in the mood for some reason. I'm sure I will be once I get those sneakers on and head out, but I won't be doing that until later in the day so hopefully i don't convince myself otherwise by then. Some days are just tough for me I guess. x(

The scale is up again, but I'm trying to stay positive.:) I'm hoping to get some days off this week, that might help me regroup.

Have great workouts everyone - see you later.

Marcia.

I made it out....

and did an easy 3 mile run w/ my 2 buddies. If they hadn't been meeting me I would NOT have gotten up. I believe my allergies are turning into a bad sinus infection- my face bones hurt, my throat is sore, and I just feel crummy. I think that that the run helped some though, but now I'm tired! And company is coming later today- just great! :eek: It also started to sprinkle on us the last .5 mile, it actually felt good!

I have to make a quick trip to the store for a few last minute things, wash the sheets, & get the last minute stuff ready! So if you don't see me around for the new few days, you'll know why!

Laura- Yeah I was feeling pretty strong after realizing I was using more weight than I thought!! ;-) Enjoy your vacation, sometimes we all need that *down* time to just relax & have no real plans!

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Good Morning Everyone. Just to let you know I'm still here. I have made an apt. for Thurs with my doc about the IT band. I'll let you know what happens. Keep up the good runs. My chest is fried from yesterday's slow and heavy. Hope to be running again soon.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hey Marcia! Just put on those shoes & run! If I hadn't just forced myself outta bed this morning I would still be asleep! Some days are tougher than others!

Stay positive, the scale is a fickle thing!!! I'm really trying not to focus so much on the scale, but it's hard to do!

Hugs,

RE: I made it out....

Thanks Jess, that's the kick in the butt that I needed. :) I hear ya on feeling crappy, though. My allergies have turned into something, too, I've had a sore throat the last two days and stuffed up nose, etc. YUCK! I think I'm going to get out my Cardio Coach for my run and do one of those workouts for a change to my running routine - mix it up - variety is the spice of life, right??? :)

~Marcia~

Yep, you sound like me! I've had the frog voice the last couple days w/ a scratchy throat & finally by last night I was feeling pretty crummy. Usually I don't get sinus infections in the summer, I get them a lot in the fall/ winter though! I'll call my Dr. & see if he'll call me in a prescription, I can never kick them w/out an antibiotic.

What is Cardio Coach?? I don't think I've heard of that! Yes, variety is much needed w/ an exercise program!!

Hugs,
Jess

Good morning cheetahs

Laura...enjoy your rest day. I have had those vacations where I stayed home to get stuff done...yes I am stll amazed at the distances those Ultra runners run...WOW!

Marcia...those scales can mess with your mind...because most of the time the gain is just water. I wasn't really in the mood for a run yesterday, but my sister helped...:)..and I was fine once I started running.

Karen...S&H always fries my chest!! Hope the doctor appt goes well. I know you will keep us posted.

Jess...I hope it isn't a sinus infection! My DH gets those and he is miserable. Sounds like a good easy run for you today!

I am going to get out early and try for 10 miles at least, then MIS Chest & Back.

Have a great day...:)

I actually made it here in the morning cheetahs!

Laura-I hate trying to run when you can actually FEEL the air with every move and breath you take, ugh! Don't you just love vacations?:D

Marcia-You can do it! You had a tough workout last night, so don't worry so much about time or pace today, go out and start your run a little more slowly and get yourself into it. Tell yourself you only have to go halfway, but by the time you get there I bet you'll be ready to fly through the last two miles}(

Karen-I'm also starting Slow and Heavy again, after a long affair with the Gym Styles, but I'm keeping the push-ups in! I do not want those to feel hard again, lol! I hope the doc has nothing but good news for you!

Jess-[[[Hugs]]] to you! I hope you start to feel better and maybe get time for a nap, or at least early to bed. Sometimes I watch people using their hoses as I run and I'm so tempted to stop and ask them to just give me a quick hose down, lol:+

Carole-50K is definitely far enough! I can't believe you are running in that HEAT!!! And you can have my rain, it *still* hasn't stopped:p Hope the 10 miles goes well today. Does your sister keep the same kind of workout schedule as you or does she only run? My current fave salty snack is to take some nutritional yeast flakes, sprinkle in some onion powder, some gomasio, and some kosher salt, then dip in veggies or just eat with a spoon. MMM...

Christine-I'd LOVE to climb a mountain with you guys, anytime! Now, I better start upping my mileage if I'm going to run all the way to California;-)

Today, it's still raining!! So it was KPC and later will be Slow and Heavy Chest and Tri's. DH and I actually ended up spending yesterday afternoon in the library and I raided the cookbook section, so I'm ready to get very experimental with some new veggies! Any recommendations?:9 :9
Mattea

Good morning lovely Cheetah Ladies!!!

Laura - I love vacations at home! Sometimes they're the best and I feel so accomplished with all I get done! And good job on the run - like the others I hate running when I feel the air move.

Marcia - Oh I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes the toughest part of the workout is getting up off the chair and getting dressed! Good luck!

Karen - I'm thinking of you! Hoping for the best at the doctors!!!
*sending more healing vibes*

Jess - I'm sending healing vibes to you as well! OUCH! I hope you feel better soon!

Carole - Enjoy your run! It's cooler here in the Bay Area, I'm hoping you're getting some of that relief as well.

Mattea - Sorry about the rain! Hopefully it won't dampen your run to California! Just tell me when to expect you and I'll lay out the welcome back (and red carpet for THAT run!) :+

I had a tough time getting out of bed this morning, but did it anyway. Had pizza last night - I know BAD GIRL - and enjoyed it way too much. Went to bed with a Buddah Belly - had everyone rub it for good luck :p. So today is definitately much healthier eating. I did Plyo X and the floorwork from GS Legs. OUCH! Great workout, but walking is a bit of a challenge ;-). 7 more days of work (including today). YEAH!!!

Mattea...the first 5 miles was fine, then someone turned up the humidity!!! OMGosh!! I so love when my running shorts stick to my legs...might as well run in short tights!!! To me it really isn't the heat but the humidity that gets to me running. No my sister just runs and might squeeze in some Pilates. Now that salty snack sounds good!! Have fun with KPC and S&H. What cookbooks did you get? I tried a great portabello sandwich recipe yesterday from a vegetarian magazine...yum....:)

Christine...but Pizza does taste sooo goooood....I agree to OUCH for your workout!! GS floorwork always gets my legs too...the 7 day countdown!!!...:)...should be a bit cooler today 106 is better than 113...

I did make the 10 miles but walked a bit of the last mile, it was just too darn humid. I got home and drank a ton of water, did chest & back and now jumping in the shower to go to work for a few hours...

Carole - coming from the East Coast where the temperature difference between Washington DC and New York City might be 5 degrees, it's still amazing to me the variance we have here. You live what - 3 hours from me? But we're high in the low 80's today (MUCH cooler than the 104 we had last week). I remember one Saturday when it was something like 98 degrees, we drove to Santa Cruz (1/2 an hour drive) and it was 62 degrees. I had on a skirt and a tank top and was FREEZING! We watched the temps rise as we climbed the mountain. But I do agree - I can run in 100 degrees if there is no or low humidity. I thought nothing of mountain biking in 105 degrees when I lived in New Mexico. It's HOT, but your shorts don't stick and sweat is whisked right off so you don't feel as hot.

And I no longer have the Buddah Belly (thank heavens!), but I'm being very careful today! :p

Hi Cheetahs,
It seems like if I don't check in first thing in the a.m., it doesn't happen. I've been sticking with the workouts: core synergistics yesterday and a 6 mile run today + abs. It's been busy around here, so I feel happy that I am getting to work out at all.

All this talk about 100 degree temperatures in California is making me admit the bright side of living in Michigan, flatlands....:)

Carole--I don't know how you pounded out your run today in that heat. Congrats to you for supporting the runner this weekend. What an incredible adventure. Looking at the map and how far the run was alone was really incredible. :)

Christine--thanks for the dog info. I looked up some photos of what an Aussie and and Eskie are. Cute, spunky little guys who look sturdy, but not too sturdy to cuddle after running around a lot?? My brother used to have a Siberian Husky that was hyper. My other brother had a dalmation. If I were a dog, I think I'd be golden retriever/mutt....in personality, but I'm not sure. I know I'm not a poodle. Thanks for the sympathy about kids at camp. Each day, it's getting to all of us left at home here, that something isn't right. But I know DS is having a great time and I'm happy for him.:)

Mattea--mishmosh question: If I were to do HSC or HSTA as a total body workout and leave out the cardio, do you think it's comparable to say MM or ME if you use heavier weights. I'm thinking of doing cardio separately and then HSC or HSTA for weights, because I need to do something different this week and I don't feel like doing SS or Push Pull. It's my rest/recovery week for p90x, but I know I need to do a little something for my muscles or I get too stiff (and crabby) What cookbooks did you get? My vote is for brussel sprouts roasted in the oven with other stuff like red peppers and garlic -- but that's not really so experimental. (But do you even like brussel sprouts?) I'm hunting down vegan whipped cream next time I go shopping! Slow and Heavy sounds like a good new challenge. :)

Karen- sending you good vibes and thougts for the upcoming dr's visit. I hope you get good news for both and are doing good adjusting to your kids new schedule. I bet it feels like hanging out with an old friend to do Slow and Heavy again!:)

Marcia--I think we all have those days. It's just hard to get into it on some days. And the scale? I hate the scale. Just keep on doing your good workouts and trying to eat clean, like you are doing -- you've been working hard. Keep it up and don't lose faith! It takes a long time to lose weight safely.:)

Jess--I hope you feel better soon. You've been working out a lot, lotsa miles, lots of biking and MM on your rest day (if I'm remembering right...). Probably good for you to take it easy a bit, let your body and immune system build up tolerance to the powerhouse exerciser, cleaner, mom, person you are. Hope you have fun with your friends visiting.:)

Laura -- glad you're feeling better overall, but sympathy for running in the thick air. It's so nice you can share running with your brother. (And glad b-ball is still happening for your son!) :)

Hi to everyone else checking in later.
Barb

:) :) :) :)

Barb - oh yeah, definitely cuddly, especially the Aussie. I think if I were a dog I'd be an Aussie (although mutt also comes to mind!) - fairly intelligent, very energetic, willing to listen, but not if there are squirrels to chase :p. Enjoys nothing more than being around family and friends and wonderful food. :) I joke that an Aussie is a Border Collie with an "Off" button. Everyone I know who has had an Aussie wants another - they are incredible dogs. I really do think that an Aussie is as close to human as a dog can get. Tucker is funny as he even hangs his head in shame whenever he burps after eating.

*Voice from overhead says* and so end this commerical interuption for Australian Shepherds. Back to our regular programming.

Disclaimer - I do not typically chase squirrels, although I have been known to "shoo" a few. I do, however, get caught up in such excitment that I sometimes forget to really listen to what is best for me - like the running. I'll get to that half, but I'll do it right this time.

Great job on keeping up your workouts, Barb!! And yes, you're so right- I do need to listen to my body & rest. I did get about an hour & a half nap this afternoon. I needed it!! And my best friend just happens to be a nurse so she got me a prescription, love her! I feel better already.

We will have lots of fun, these are our best friends & they live in FL so we only get to see them occasionally now. The girls are so excited that their *cousins* are coming (that's what they call the girls, along w/ Aunt & Uncle since they're like family).

So I guess it was NapMax & CleanMax today!! Along w/ StoreMax this morning. I did get in a walk w/ my dd's this morning & 20 min of Pilates too.

Have a great rest of your day, ladies!

Hugs,

Ooh, pizza sounds wonderful!! I make my own pizzas now using my favorite light flatbread for the crust- it's WW w/ lots of fiber & then I put some sauce on it & load it w/ veggies & a little bit of Mozz cheese! Yum!

Good workout!! GS series is just waiting on my wish list for a little extra money to spend!!!

Hugs,

Thanks, Mattea!! I did get a nap which helped a LOT! Although as soon as I laid down all of the nasty sinus drainage seemed to drain down my throat- ewwww!

Good workout for you too! I love looking at cookbooks too, let us know if you try out any new recipes!! I'm boring w/ veggies, I do vary my dressings & dip them in hummus or roast sometimes but I just love them raw & crunchy!!

Hugs,

Christine-- my husband is an Aussie. Thank you for all the info. If I ever get a dog, I think that would be a good fit. I love the hanging the head after burping: my goodness that's adorable! My husband definitely doesn't do that.:+ So maybe he's not an Aussie.
Don't worry about the half, when it's time, it will be time to fit it in and do it right. For me, it was a whole mental gearing-up for nearly 6 months or even 9 before committing and it had a lot to do with me knowing I had to do something "big" to ge me in the right mindset for this upcoming family thing at my house (whispering 70 people here for the weekend, and I love cooking, but hate entertaining for more than a group of 4...hate big groups unless we can really chat it up.....but I ran 13 miles, so I can do this...or that's what I keep telling myself. It's the big group, making "lite" conversation and being the Hostess of the weekend and my MIL being there....dahling.)

Jess-- it's good to have napmax, cleanmax and Restmax. I have leaned toward overdoing with exercise (and other OCD type stuff) in my life, and for me, I have to be careful that I am exercising discipline over the right things: e.g. it can be too easy for me to hurl myself out the door to run when in fact, what I need to work on is listening to my body more carefully and maybe hurling myself back into bed!!! Have a great time with your friends!

Mattea--I forgot about having fun with Beets. A few weeks ago, I made roasted golden beets and sauted beet greens...Yummy for the whole family. Everyone got a kick out of trying something new. Vegetable Heaven by Mollie Katzen has some great recipes, but I don't pull that book off my shelf enough because I have a dread factor with the ingredient lists, but really, it's not that involved at all.....

now I must cook dinner...for only one kid...Ahhhh I'm a wreck with this week away at camp thing...
:) :) :)

OOh, another OCD'er!! I tend toward obsession in lots of things, I know I need to learn to relax more!!! (here I am in crazy last-minute-max at the computer!) Just got the last load of laundry folded, and must start dinner as they will be here in about an hour! ;-) The thing is that I feel so great when exercising & after that it's hard to stop sometimes. :p I tend to just feel lazy when I take it easy. Just ask my dh- even while watching tv (which I don't watch a lot of) at night I'm multi-tasking, drives him nuts!!

Enjoy your one-kid dinner, it does feel weird when one of my dd's is gone!!

Hugs,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.