Cheetahs 1/5 (saturday)

Hello again, cheetahs!

I just came back from a tanning session and and am now sitting down to a quick lunch before I hit the EXT. Have to leave at 3:30 for the reception, so I’m hoping I can also squeeze in my lesson plans in there. Maybe, maybe not. I think I fooled around the computer too long this morning, pricing ski trips.

Linda :: I am of the mindset that it’s almost never too late to try something new. Look at some of the seniors who jump out of airplanes! Especially for someone as fit as you are, skiing is not too far-fetched. With a few lessons under your belt, you’d probably be zipping down the slopes in no time…I would say DON’T add extra cardio…or perhaps as Shelly suggested, plan loosely for an extra cardio day or two but feel free to scrap it if you’re so inclined. I think the rotation I’m about to begin is rather X-like…it’s far less cardio than what I’d normally plan for myself, but I’m hoping the HIIT really punches things up.

Carole :: OMG, insane pictures! I’m glad you and Christine are OK. Hope Susan is too. How was church without power? I say throw out some of DH’s tools (which he isn’t using for his *unfinished* projects ;)) and make room for a BOSU!

Christine :: After seeing the images of all the storm destruction, I’m glad the worst of the damage for you was your fence…hope it’s not much to repair…holy smokes! What a storm!…On the Thai food…really? I usually walk away feeling a bit lighter than I do after some other Asian fare. It was funny…I saw a thread on PF Chang’s on the O/F the other day and how bad it is, and what did I do? I promptly drove there after work and ordered me some take-out. *lol* Ya know, I’m joking about how lazy I’ve been this week, but I’ve actually quite enjoyed it. I think a mostly-rest week once a year is a good thing for me.

Lorie :: I am doing a heavy weights/HIIT rotation of my own design, modeled after BFL. After hearing about Gayle’s success and seeing so many people rave about HIIT, I thought it might be a good change of pace for me. The idea of shorter but intense workouts is appealing. Yes, we do have a long stretch ahead. My friends and family who work outside of education don’t like to hear anything of the sort – they think it’s a cush job – but the breaks we get truly are much-needed ones! How was yesterday’s presenter?…The San Fran mary sounds like a good one in term of swag. BUT all those hills??? Egads! *lol*…hope the EXT workout agrees with your piriformis!

Jackie :: oh, it was a $49 membership at one point?? I see it’s $79 now. Hunh. iTread #22 sounds like a GREAT workout. Consider me enabled. I just wrote that one down. :)

Shellster :: Oh, I’m so excited that you love your BOSU!!!! :7 :7 :7 I am amazed, too, how it really gets down in your core. And the more I think about it, I am surprised that this thing hasn’t taken off more than it has. Of my fitness-minded friends IRL, I don’t know anyone who trains with it. It’s just a phenomenal piece of equipment!! Ohhhh, how I heart this thing! And I have our dear Wendy to thank because she inspired my impulse purchase! *lol*…We went back to school last Wednesday, so I’m back in my normal workin’ groove. If I can squeeze it in, I would like to at least knock out the coming week’s lesson plans…but either way, I’ll definitely have work to do tomorrow between planning, grading, and National Board stuff.

OK, I think that catches me up. Will kick back a little bit and then hit the EXT.

ETA: Hi Susan! Your post snuck past me there. Glad you are well. Enchanted does look interesting - thanks for the review. Enjoy Sizzler!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I went ahead and added 40 minutes on my EXT with an iClimb to C&B and ARX for today. It felt good…..but I know after a few days…I may not feel so good and will have to cut back more on the cardio.

Christine – Sorry DH was a jerk! I take out my frustrations on food too! Like you said, though, today is a new day! Yesterday was planned anyway and “I” think we all need a cheat day!  Give Jimmy a big ole hug for me!

Carole – Oh my goodness! You were very lucky! Hope the power comes back on at your church soon and that you don’t get too cold! Those pictures were scary looking!

Lorie – Oooo! I would love to do that marathon and to get a Tiffany necklace would REALLY make it good! So…you’re another cardio junkie? I wish I could “break” my habit! But I love it! Hope the periformis feels better soon! The foam roller is about the only thing that really helps mine feel better.

Shelly – I think you really needed the sleep after all of those long nights you work! Yay! I am so glad you like the bosu! I think it such a good piece of equipment! It has sooo many used and I dearly love cardio on it! I think you will, too! I really think the original Imax would be good on it, too! I am going to try that one next, I think! Try to enjoy the long TM run as much as you can! I know it doesn’t compare to the beautiful places that you normally run…but it gets the job done! : )

Jackie – I agree with you on the cardio not helping the muscle building! I really think I am just canceling out all of my hard work a lot of times! The way you did it is the way I did it the 2 times I did it. I have a feeling I will do it that way again. Wow! That Tag Team sounds wonderful! As soon as I finish my post, I am going to download that one! Thanks for the info!

Linda

I just came back quickly to say that I really like Glute Camp!!! I was cursin' Tracey out so that means it was working! I couldn't even FINISH some of the floor work! YEOWCH!!! }( }( }(

I'll be back after lunch for personals!:)

Oops! More people posted while I was typing!

Susan – Sorry you are having such bad weather! Good job on the circuit workouts and sorry about the groin muscle! Enjoy the elliptical and abs!

Cathy – Ahh! The tanning bed would feel sooo good right now! Enjoy the EXT! What are you going to use for your X-like rotation? I agree ...I think the HIIT will punch things up! Thanks! I may have to try skiing, yet! :)

Wendy - I am so glad you liked Glute Camp! I love it!! I like the music a lot in it, too! :7

HI Busy Cheetahs!

Wow we are chatty today :) Has anyone read RW for Feb yet? There is an interesting article about how strong core muscles keep other muscles healthy by not forcing them into over use to make up for a weak core. The article specifically mentions the piriformis muscle. My current goal is to use the BOSU to amp up my core strength and this article really reinforces this plan.

California Girls- Yikes! I hope you are still safe and unscathed!

This has been a busy day. DB & SIL arrived yesterday afternoon from New Jersey. This morning they headed to Toronto to watch Rutgers play in a bowl game. They will return tonight. We'll go out tonight for a bite and a beer ( or a bottle of vino)

We bought a new bed to replace our sleep number bed and it got delivered this morning too. I have been re arranging furniture all morning. Now every bedroom has a queen bed in it. The exception is DS14. He has a double and two twins. (His bedroom is the bonus room over the garage, so he has ample space) I need to head out and buy some bedding LOL. Geez! moving furniture can be almost as active as shoveling snow!

Sorry to be so one sided, have a great weekend Cheetah Babes!

Shelly- Another BOSU convet! We are becoming BOSU Cheetahs.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hi cheetahs no time to read; just post a quick hello. We're still in Sebastopol but no service on blackberry at Dsister's only here in town at market. Still no power up at home - poor DH and DS. A little snow is forecasted for them later and there is no heat. He thinks it best we stay put here for now as he's also helping his sister across the pond...gotta go for now..have a good day

Wendy :: Cursing the screen is indeed a strong indicator of a great workout!

Judy :: I did read that RW article, and after seeing a difference on the slopes in Colorado, I must say, I'm a believer!

Linda :: if you're feelin' good, then by all means, stick with the cardio. I know everybody's different, but so many people here have had success with more weights/less cardio...I'm still afraid, but I vow to stick with the HIIT plan for at least a 4-week rotation and see what happens. I am basically doing 1 day of yoga or stretch, then a 3-day split (2 days u/b, 1 day legs), two 20-min. HIIT sessions, and 1 run per week. (Weights and cardio will be alternated every other day.)

Thomasina :: Glad you are OK and staying put. Sounds wise.

OK, so all this BOSU talk made me crave it, so I scrapped the EXT in favor of the first 20 min. of BOSU Blast plus the core/abs section, which I hadn't done before. Hoo boy! Tough stuff!

Now I've gotta get showered up and beautified!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Forgot to add that lots of tree and powerline damage here in sebastopol as well. 5sister's area has no power except she is on a huge generator so we get everthing but no cable which means no internet and that is why I had to wait til we came into town to post...phew!

Quick check in before I run off to take DD15 for her hair cut. It's raining again - not as bad as yesterday and not windy which is really nice, but... I ended up going to the gym (figures DH cancels my membership and now I go more than I did before!) and running on the treadmill. I did iTread Outdoors 6 the first 30 minutes because I really just wanted to set my own pace and not push. Then I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and iSculpt Crunching abs set 19 on the BOSU (plus a 90 second plank while balancing on the platform of the BOSU with my hands. I modified a bit, but wow!! My abs are sore.

Thomasina - sorry the power is still out! Hope DH and DD dtay warm!

Hi Cheetahs!!

I've read your check in off and on for some time. Do you mind if I join you? I didn't feel cheetahish because I haven't run any races (like in the past 13 years. :eek: ). However, I see that you all like the iTreads as much as I do. I also recently purchased the sport Bosu, so have been experimenting with that. I've gotten some good ideas from you ladies. :) Any recommendations on iTreads? I have #18,20,21,23,24,25. Looks like #22 is liked here. I also have a spin bike and use the iCycles. Those are as tough as the spin class I take. }(

Anyway, you all seem like a nice, friendly, and motivating group. I need that extra motivation after this holiday. Let's just say it wasn't all "clean" eating. I purchased the Clean Eating mag. Oxygen started and ready to get back on track. :)

Today, I did the stairs for an hour. There are 125 stairs, so we got in roughly 22 laps. My neighbor and I go once a week. It's a great workout. I then came home and did Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes (Flexibility premix).

Looking forward to getting some great tips from you ladies!!:D

Dallas

welcome cwsoxfan! we'd love to have you:)

linda- when do you plan your p90X rotation? i plan on doing one using the new ones next month. we can do this together!

just wanted to let you itrain lovers know the knew ones are up and they sound fantastic!!!

Hello again cheetahs! Time for a second posting today:7 The weather outside, direct from California, is NASTY! Good day to stay indoors. I got thru the 10 mile run on the TM ending with about a 9:15 pace overall so i'm pretty happy with that. Also got done undecorating and cleaning so now I'm ready for some fun workout with the Bosu!

Welcome Dallas! We are so very happy to have you join us! Dont you worry about not being into racing. There are plenty of cheetahs here who also don't race (or rarely) Just a love of running is all ya need! You already have quite a collection of iTreads and I guess, according to our iTrain guru, Sunny, some new ones are out now. Great workout with the stair climb! I live in Arizona and last Oct I participated in a really cool race, the Bisbee Stair climb which is a 5k but has 9 long staircases mixed in along the route.

Anyway, WELCOME!!

I'll catch up with the rest of the fantastic cheetahs tomorrow

Susan- Glad to hear you are safe!!

ShellyC

Holy Crow have I got alot to catch up here!:7 I guess that's what I get for NOT coming back for personals after lunch like I said I was gonna. :p

Linda: YAY for the X rotation! Please don't push the cardio issue if you don't have the energy. You don't want to risk burn out. It's just not worth it. So did YOU order the X+ yet!?! }( So I see you like Glute Camp. Do you have anything else by Tracey? I'm looking for reccomendations. She doesn't have much to choose from at this point though and I'm hesitant to try her step as I have yet to like another step instructor other then Cathe and I am not looking for hi/lo. I guess that leaves kickbox or the sculpting vid.

Carole: So was is really cold at Church today?? Those are some scary pics you posted! :eek: I am glad you are OKAY!

Christine: So is DH behaving himself today? }(

Lorie: A San Fransisco Marathon? Isn't that likely to be super hilly!? :eek: :eek: :eek: I have been good about controlling my cardio all year w/the exception of my half training and these past 2 weeks. I love it but it doesn't pay off for me physically to do so much of it. I get better results from more weight work and less cardio.

Shelly: Glad you were able to get through your 10 miler on the TM. I can see where a long run like that could get tedious on the TM. I love TM running but even *I* can understand that one! So my run y'day was not exactly "relaxing". I was workin' but it's what I wanted to do since I knew it was gonna be a "quickie"! I actually had hopes of beating my 5k time but it didn't happen so I stopped at 3 miles. Next time I'll have to give it just a tad more OOMPH and I'll make it. ;) The Parts Series offers options using the bosu, the step or completey on the floor. You don't NEED a bosu at all for it though I must admit since I have one I use it for everything they use it for! }(

Jackie: Glad you enjoyed your tag team ITread!

Okay, sorry ladies but I'm defrosting fish for dinner and should be about ready so I need to start cookin' or we'll NEVER eat! :eek: I'll finish personals later though!:)

BBL.

I would love to have a GTG for the San Francisco Marathon (half too!)! It is pretty hilly - but it's gorgeous. We'd have to decide soon, though - this one sells out in about 3 days after registration is open. :p

Good evening my chatty Cheetahs!

Work went later than expected so I wasn't able to make it to the gym for my run. However, I still had energy to burn when I got home and settled for RS. I don't think I'll get a run in until Monday because of work goings on and the fact that the gym (open 24 hours during the week) doesn't open until 7am on weekends x( :(. So, the question is...after doing HSC and RS today, what should I do tomorrow morning? I'm thinking another circuit, maybe DM (w/BOSU), C&W (w/BOSU) or SJP. What would you do? I'm trying to lay off the heavy weights for now as I've put on a bit more mass than I'd like and I'm trying to lean out a bit.

Oh, BTW, my wrist issue during push ups is now a total non-issue with the BOSU...YAY!!! For some reason, holding it platform side up, dome down, doesn't hurt my wrists at all and I *love* how it gets into your core at the same time }(.

BRB with personals...cross my heart!

I'm back to finish personals...believe it or not!:p :7 :D

Susan: Sorry you encountered the crappy weather on the way out of the movies. Glad you enjoyed Enchanted though. DH and I just saw the new National Treasure movie. We liked it. How was your Chicago visit?

Cathy: So did you squeeze in lesson plans b4 you left for the reception? Too funny that your fam rented a van to get everyone to the party! Sounds like my kinda peeps!}( Hope you had a good time! Yes, I tend to feel I got a good weight work out if I'm cursin'! LOL

Judy: So did you opt for the beer or the bottle of vino this evening? }( Where did you go to eat?

Thomasina: Sorry you still have no heat at home. Why are DH and DS still there then-to take care of your dog perhaps??

Dallas: Ofcourse you are welcome!!!! Itread #9/60 mins is FANTASTIC! It's a tough fast run. I PR'd with that Itread believe it or not! I ran 6 miles in under 60 minutes. I had never done that before!!!!:+

Sunny: So you are going to do an X rotation next month? You go girl! It must be contagious. No one wanted to do this with me and now all of the sudden the X'ers are comin' out of the woodwork! LOL

Wendi: Glad to hear the wrist is not an issue with the Bosu. Push ups on it really are awesome. Everything is awesome on it actually!}( I can see I am going to be wanting a full size one soon enough and I'll be sellin my sport on ebay! LOL

So I actually cooked tonight! I must have been outta my mind! LOL I never cook on a saturday night unless we are entertaining! It was yummy though...salmon, mashed potatoes and beans. :9 :9 :9

Alrighty...It's almost time to get DS of to bed so I'll be back later or in the morning.

Toodles!

Okay, diving in head first....

Sunny - So glad that those iTreads are available for you now! You sounded so disappointed this morning. I hope you had a fun date with Grace!

Cathy - You most certainly are no sloth! You were smart and listened to what your body was telling you. I know you'll more than make up for any missed workouts! Great workout! Uh oh...with all this talk of BOSU Blast now...please stop! I don't think my credit card could handle anymore :eek: :p J/K! I hope you had a good time at the reception tonight.

Wendy - So glad to hear you got a good night's rest. Glute Camp sounds killer! Glad you enjoyed it :p }(. So, did you ever brave the mall today? Ours looked exactly the same today as it did the weekend before Christmas :eek:. Ooh, yummy dinner!

Linda - Wishing you a belated welcome home! I have to thank you, again, for HSTA. I did it for the first time while you were away and hobbled around like an old lady for the next two days :eek: }(! It was great! What a sneaky workout lol. Great workout today! Count me in as another cardio junkie ;-).

Carole - Frightening pics! I'm just glad you all are safe and sound! I hope church wasn't too cold today.

Christine - So sorry about your fence :(. If I lived closer I'd get it back up for you...I'm an expert in fence repair :p ;)! I'm also sorry that things with DH have been trying. Try not to dwell on your cheat day...I know you'll be back on track with a vengeance! Unfortunately there was no photographer at the last two shows but I'll try to find one from this past summer. Killer workout today!! Hey, did someone say Thai???? YUMMY!!!

Lorie - Definitely *hearting* the Bosu! Sorry to hear your piriformis is acting up again...I know how that one feels :(. I used to be plagued by that. I think you guys should do that GTG. It's a bit far for me though...even for a Tiffany necklace. Did you end up doing Gym Styles?

Shelly - Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Bosu as much as the rest of us! Great TM run today! I completely understand wanting to do your long runs outside rather on the TM. Thanks love...I think last night's marathon sleep did the trick! I need to take my cue from you and get undecorated soon. I've still got my tree up and, even though I love it, I was thinking how nice it will be to have my living room (aka workout room) back. I'm getting tired of having to be uber-careful about where my limbs are flying during step workouts lol!

Jackie - Thank you but, sorry, had to LOL about getting a raise ;). I'd much rather just get out of the job to tell you the truth! Sorry to hear your bursitis pain interrupted your sleep. I hope it feels better soon. Great workout today!!!

Susan - Nice to hear that Chrissy is doing well. Again, she's so lucky to have found you and your family! Enjoy the silence while the Bickerson's are at school. I have heard nothing but high praise for Enchanted. I might just have to add that one to the must see list. Sorry to hear of your groin soreness...I hope it heals quickly. I hope you enjoyed dinner with MIL. Glad to hear you came through the storms somewhat unscathed.

Judy - Furniture Max can be quite a workout lol! Have fun shopping for bedding! I'll have to check out that RW article...thanks. Enjoy the bite and beer tonight!

Thomassina - Sorry to hear that you're still stranded in such "horrible accomodations" :p :7!!! I do feel sorry for your DH and DS with no heat though. I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon. BTW, Canyon Ranch...now that's what I call motivation!

Dallas - Welcome aboard!!! If it's motivation you're looking for this group of amazing ladies is the ticket! Glad to have you join us!

Lori - Yeah, you definitely won complaining rights at - 19*...YIKES :eek: :eek:! Happy Belated Birthday to DS!

Wow, I think that catches me up (for now ;)). I'll see all you lovely ladies in the morning. Good night!

Dallas – Welcome! I haven’t tried any iCycles yet. I may try one with my credits this month. Great job on the steps for an hour! Whew!

Sunny – I started the P90X rotation today. I ordered the P90X+, too! We can still do the rotation together! That would be great! If I have someone doing the same thing as me, it is always easier for me to stick to! I just ordered the new ones yesterday…so I don’t know how long it will be before the get here.

Wendy – I think pushing the cardio too much is why I burned out on my last P90X rotation. I was trying to train for my ½ marathon, as well as to the P90X rotation (weights only…not their cardio). I have all of Tracey’s workouts and I really love them all! I do recommend them! Her step workouts are wonderful and intense! I know what you mean about not being able to find any that you like as well as Cathe….I felt the same way. But…I do love her step just as much, believe it or not! I also liked her sculpting workout, but a lot of people didn’t like it that well.

Wendi – You are so welcome for the HSTA! I am so glad you like it! I love it! I need to do it more often and I definitely want to try it on the bosu!! Yup! It is a sneaky little sucker, isn’t it? I love using the bosu for core work and pushups like you described!

Shelly – Great treadmill run! I know it is a lot different than what you are used to, though!

Judy – I have read a lot of my Feb. issue of RW…but so far, I haven’t read that article! Will have to read it! My periformis is a big bad issue for me! Thanks for telling me about it!Enjoy your evening! Did you like your Sleep number bed?

Thomasina – Oh my! Stay safe and hope everyone else in your family stays safe as well!

Linda

Okay all! I’m back for personals!

Lorie – I ended up running and EXTing. It was fun! I really want to do the Nike half! Those Tiffany’s medals AND the chocolate on the course – sounds like my kind of race!! It does sell out quickly, but I’m happy to register on their website and let everyone know when they have to decide! :p

Shelly – Glad you got to sleep in today! I’ll bet you’re back to your usual energetic self! I’m happy you’re not getting the winds we did! I would not wish those on anyone. Hope it’s not too bad there. My reward to getting to my first major goal is a BOSU – it’s going to be hard to wait – fortunately I do get to use one when I go to DH’s gym. Too wet to play Frisbee – Jimmy is walking around looking “crimped” (remember those curling irons that crimped hair? Jimmy looks like someone went to town on him today – he always does when he’s wet). Great workout today! I’m doing the HI/LO APX tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it!

Susan – so sorry you got dumped on leaving the theater! I had the same thing happen while getting groceries – but it was only me – not my daughters, too! Ugh! Glad Chrissy is doing well! I can’t wait to see her!

Cathy – Planning your next ski trip? How fun! Yeah, the storm was bad. I’m glad it’s past, but we’re getting weather now, too. I think by Thursday we’re expecting a sunny day! We have fabulous summers (never rains) but our winters can be interesting – but we need the rain so badly! I try to avoid Chinese restaurant – the main ones around here are Panda Express and Mr. Chau’s Chinese Fast Food – it’s all grease. I do love Thai. I’m glad you’re enjoying your recovery week! I think we need to do that once in a while for both our physical and mental health. Enjoy!

Wendy – glad you like Glute Camp! I’m askeered though – you’re hard core and YOU couldn’t finish some of the floor work? *hides behind Jimmy*

Linda – I was happy to stay within my total weekly points, so I’m not too upset. It happened, and I move on. I’m doing well tonight. I have some nummy Chicken Chili simmering on the stove. :p

Judy – Yeah, we are chatty today! I did read that article – and a lot of what they said made sense. That’s one of the reason I’m focusing more on core work this month. Enjoy your new bed. We got a new mattress about six months ago and I LOVE it. I sleep so well. I’m laughing at your comment to Shelly about being BOSU Cheetahs – I do have to agree though. I fighting myself not to just go get one!

Thomasina – Hope y’all get power soon – you and DD and your DH and DS! I hope it doesn’t snow! Thanks for the update! Keep us informed! I know there is still a lot of issues with trees down and now mudslides everywhere!

Dallas – WELCOME!!! We don’t all race – but warning – we do enable anyone who has a glimmering of an interest in racing! I love the iCycles, too – and Spinervals. We’re happy to have you!

Sunny – I have my schedule – I’ll PM it to you with my cell number.

Shelly (round 2 :p) – glad you’re staying in. Good job on the Dreadmill 10 miler!

Wendy – yeah, DH is behaving himself. I think he feel badly over last night. He’s been very sweet – even upgraded my rental car in North Carolina – I haven’t convinced him to upgrade me to first class yet, but we’ll see how bad he really feels… :+ Sounds like a wonderful dinner! I love salmon!

Wendi – Sorry you didn’t get in a run! If you can’t run tomorrow – maybe you should just do double cardio instead of another interval – just to give the muscles a break? But then C&W isn’t too bad. :p Hmm, want a trip to California? It might be cheaper to fly you out here to repair it than to hire someone to do it. :p I would love to see a pic! I just love horses (and dogs, and cats…).

Well, my battery is about dead, and I think I’m caught up. Oh, DD15’s hair cut is adorable!! She has super thick, super wavy hair that she had well past mid-back and it was looking scraggly. I took her to my hair dresser who also has curly hair and knows how to cut it – and she cut it to just below the shoulder, and put layers in – and DD15 looks so sweet! I totally love it, as does DD15 and perhaps most importantly, her BF! Enjoy everyone! I’m going to go enjoy a nice crusty piece of bread with my chicken chili!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.