checking in on 1/14/00

T

trevor

Well, sort of a checkin I guess! I didnt workout this week as I got pretty busy with the baby being born. I just wanted to say thanks again for everyone's well wishes. Baby Brandon is doing well and so is mommy. Neither of us has slept much but it's a "good kind" of tired. I am working on some digital photos to post somewhere on the web so I will let you all know when or if I am able to do that. :) I hope to get back into a workout routine this week. My week:
Mon. -- ok, I actually did do some upper body dumbbell work here. not much though
Tues. -- nada
Wed. -- at hospital by 2:30 A.M. Brandon came into the world at 7:45A.M. I got a nice arm and shoulder workout by holding my wife's right leg while she pushed during the contractions. I got kinda teary eyed during the whole labor. It has been 14 years since Matthew came into the world but all of the memories came flooding back at once. His first soccer ball, first tricycle, first time he rode a bike with no training wheels, etc. Just a flood of memories! Children are so precious, as is the time we get to spend with them before they are grown up. :)
Thurs. -- at hospital all day. Held Brandon alot. I can't take my eyes off of him! He gave his daddy alot of smiles today. We are still waiting for his first poop. Apparently this is a prerequisite before leaving the hospital. lol! I took alot of pics and movies today and Matthew spent the evening with us at the hospital. We all had dinner in the room.
Fri. -- well Brandon waited until this evening to finally give the nurses and docs what they wanted......a nice healthy poop. Now we can go home. The ride home is emotional for us as it brings back memories of the day we brought Matthew home. Think I drove about 20 mph all the way so as not to disturb our precious cargo. Can't wait to get Brandon into his nursery. I have burned up the videocam trying to film everything. Also noticed my biceps are very sore from holding the baby so maybe I am working out and dont realize it.
Sat. -- feeling zombie-fied as Brandon was up every hour to eat. My job is burping as I am ill-equipped for breast feeding! :)
Sun. -- today we are better rested as Brandon seems to be getting on a decent schedule. Michelle is sore but getting better. Our first doctor's visit is tomorrow so I may have another day off from work.........heck I dont wanna go back after spending all this time with our little cutie!! I may do something light workout wise today but probably tomorrow is my day to start back.
Have a great week everyone!!
Trevor

Oh No!!

Trevor, you're a faster typer then me!! We posted check-ins in 2 different places. Does anyone know how to combine them??? Trevor, thanks for sharing your precious lil' one with us. CONGRATS Again. He is just beautiful. Glad he finally decided to Goooo!!! WELCOME TO OUR WORLD BRANDON!!!Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: Congratulations Trevor!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-01 AT 08:27PM (Est)[/font][p]I can't wait to see the pics of Brandon!!!! Debbie, don't know if the two can get combined or not, does anyone know??? Not to bad of a week for me. Just a plain ol' week I guess. So, here goes:

MON: Yoga, PS CST, and CK

TUES: Yoga and TWV(cardio only)

WED: Yoga, Urban Rebounding, All Step(cardio only), and BodyPump

THURS: Yoga and IMAX

FRI: Yoga, PS BBA, and MIC step

SAT: Power Yoga and PS SLA

SUN: Yoga in the a.m. and yoga in the p.m.. I'm a little tired today, so I just decided to take it easy. Besides, I got in 5 cardio days so I shouldn't feel guilty, right?

Ok everyone, have a great week.

Aimee

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-01 AT 02:23PM (Est)[/font][p]Today is my oldest son's tenth birthday and I am already emotional - reading Trevor's post about the new baby has me sitting here bawling. A new life is so precious.
OK - here's my week:

Monday: stationary bike - 30 mins, Power Circuit cardio + Bodymax section 2 leg circuits

Tuesday: CTX upper body work, stairclimber - 60 mins.

Wednesday: Slide - 45 mins, Intense Moves

Thusday: Run 6 miles, Tough Tape

Friday: CTX kickboxing (cardio only) + Cardio Kicks. I did the CTX early before the kids got up and popped it in accidently again later when I meant to do CK. About halfway through the warmup I realized there were no guys in it and that I was doing the same exact workout as I had done earlier. Duh.

Saturday: Run 6 miles, MIS

Sunday: Run 8 miles - enjoyed the peace and quiet before the house is full of in-laws and boys!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Erica

great weeks guys!

Trevor-what a great week for you and your wife! Sounds like your buttons are popping (from being such a proud poppa) and the smile couldn't be wiped off your face if we tried! Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience :D
Aimee-Wow!!! Look at all of that yoga...do you have a favorite video or do you practice on your own? I have the Bryan Kest series, Ali M.'s tape, Precision Yoga, and one yoga Journal (flexibility I think)...any good ones to add?
Erica-whew-what a run! 8 miles...I'd love to go running today, BUT we got 3-5 inches of snow last night on top of a couple inches of rain...and I live on gravel, not a good combo for running! I would love to pick up some snowshoes and go cross country though!
My week was kinda light...despite being an avid hand washer (they're almost raw!), seeing sick people all day has caught up with me and I've been a little slow...but getting better!
Sun-ali m. yoga, mind, body
Mon-nada
Tues-Leaner legs
Wed-Breakthru conditioning-dance and core conditioning
Thurs-cardio parties hilo (got in the mood after watching part of an Austin Power's rerun) + CTX biceps, shoulders, and back
Fri-couldn't stop coughing!
Sat-felt great and didn't want to stop after Intense Moves ;-), so added CTX Step and Intervals with chest and triceps...my quads were starting to scream after all of those power 15's, 7's, and 3s!
Hope everyone's well and have a great week :D!
:-jumpy julie :-jumpy

"CHECK-IN~Week of Jan.8th.RE: checking in on 1/14/00

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-01 AT 03:01PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-01 AT 03:00 PM (Est)[/font]

Hi Everyone! Just reading the IMax thread sounds like everyone is working HARD!! I don't want to bore you but I have two weeks worth of posts. I will condense this weeks as I got the flu for 5 days so it isn't quite as intense as normal. Okay, for the week before starting Jan. 1st.:
Monday~PS-SL&A (Only had time for strength work as we were headed to my sis-in-law's house for NY's Day dinner. They live an hour away. (Erica, I was going to call you while there & got so wrapped up in family, I forgot. :-()

Tuesday~PS-CS&T, Treadmill workout (36 Minutes) (I am giving the running thing a try to see if I can thin out my middle section. I have seen a real thickening in this area the past few months. Going on Cathe's suggestion, I am going to try to add running back in 2-3 times/week)
3 Minute Warm-up at 2.5-3.0MPH
30 Minutes jogging at 5MPH
3 Minute cooldown at 3.0-2.0 MPH, ABS from Quick Fix (Section 1)

Wednesday~PS-BB&A's, including the lower back work, IMax

Thursday~Practiced new Hi/Lo routines, then hopped on treadmill for 25 minutes of jogging and a 3 minute Cool Down, PS-CS&T, 2nd. section of Quick Fix for ABS

Friday~SL&A, CTX-Kickbox

Saturday~Jogged 30 minutes, BB&A's, plank & reverse plank work from CTX-KB & the "roll-downs & up for hip flexor work from KB, started feeling not too well later in day.

Sunday~FLU BUG got me! Got out of bed to get ready for church and was going to post my workout but went & crawled right back in bed!!:-tired

Okay, now that I have bored you to tears, this past week's condensed version~ Each PS Series tape 1X, CardioKicks, Taught 4 Hi/Lo classes at a much lower level then normal. My class actually clapped when I told them I would not be working 100%!! LAZY BUTTS!!! Finished my week off yesterday with IMax and Strength & Grace a new vid I just picked up. It is Yoga & Pilates inspired. I did like it for it's flexibilty~something I NEED Badly! Thanks you all for listening! I Feel much better now.:D Have a great week. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hi everyone...great weeks and congratulations again Trevor!

Here's how my week looked:

Sunday - MIS
Monday - Interval Max
Tuesday - Cardio Kicks; PS CST; PS BBA
Wednesday - 45 minutes on elliptical machine (did the "Glute" program)
Thursday - Body Max (first two sections in AM; upper body/ab section in PM)
Friday - 45 minutes on elliptical machine ("Glute" program again)
Saturday - Cardio Kicks

That's it. This week I'm toying with the idea of doing a Cathe/Firm rotation of some kind, but haven't decided yet. My row of Firm tapes is definitely collecting dust and I could use a change in my routine...we'll see what happens.

Take care everyone,
Lisa :)

This winter has been full of flu's/viruses! I had that cold/sinus thing like 2 weeks ago....THIS WEEK I came down with the stomach flu/fever thing. What a thrill!

Monday: MIS Chest/MIS Legs
Tuesday: Stomach Virus...Did nothing!
Wednesday: CTX All Step Cardio only/Aaron Lankford Power Kicks. I probably shouldn't have worked out as I still wasn't feeling well, but MENTALLY I needed it!
Thursday: Firm Super Sculpting (Will probably trade this tape...my first time doing it and I wasn't impressed)
Friday: Tae Bo 5
Saturday: PS Chest/CTX Shoulders/CTX Triceps
Sunday: Woke up feeling like sh**. Really bad toothache. Went back and slept the morning away.

Hoping next week will be better, but am definitely not looking forward to a trip to the dentist! And now my husband says he's feeling sick....ARGGHHHH....

Terri

RE: Hi Julie!!

I LOVE Ali M's tape!!! I have the Bryan K's #2(tone) tape (I like that one too!!) If you're pressed for time and want a tape that still delivers, get Crunch Joy of Yoga. I had to get used to Sara Ivanhoe, but now I really like her style. It's different, she uses words like scootha, scootha, and flop. She makes it appeal to everyone!! I'm still debating on doing an aerobic tape or maybe I'l just pop in another yoga tape and finish off my day in a relaxing way.......

Congratulations Trevor and bless your new baby. We have five children and I remember each birth and was always awed at the miracle that just entered the world. Brandon has one lucky family. :)

I have not checked in for quite awhile but have been working out hard. The weeks seem to just fly by anymore

Here's my week:

Mon Interval Max with ab work from CTX tape
Tues PS sholders triceps with 30 min treadmill
Wed. nothing. Went to a chick flick (What women want) with girlfriends stayed out too late.
Thurs. PS Back Biceps with 30 minute walk
Fri. PS legs with abs from CTX tape
Sat. Imax (reading the thread made me put it in one more time
Sun. Cardio Kicks with abs from CTX Kickbox

Kudos to All!

And I'm in awe of all those people who can actually DO Interval Max twice in one week! I am NOT one of those people and probably NEVER will be! :)

Congratulations Trevor!

Everyone's weeks look wonderful (as usual)...

Here we go ~ as my Tae Bo Rotation continues:

Mon: Walked the dog, Tae Bo Live Basic

Tues: 1st section of Christi's Hi/Lo Heaven, Tae Bo Live Advanced (but only to about 30 mins., I was beat!)

Wed: Walk/Run intervals, Leaner Legs and Double Bench class at the gym

Thurs: My new Tae Bo tapes arrived yesterday only I was too beat to do them. BOO HISS.... Walked the dog though!

Fri: Walked the dog, Tae Bo Adv. Live Vol #6 (ok, so it wasn't in order, had to see what all the fuss was!)

Sat: Run/walk intervals, Tae Bo AL #2 (for 32 minutes, that's about ALL I could handle), PS CST

Sun: Tae Bo AL #2. This time I did ALL of it.

I was pleased! I got in 5 sessions of Tae Bo, got Legs done (that took 3 days to recover from Leaner Legs -- YOWSA! -- I didn't even go HEAVY), I got my upper body (from Tae Bo and then extra with PS CST). No stretch though... but lots of walking. Can't very well tell the puppy I need a REST day! ;-)

Have a great week.
Cleda

PS.. The walk/run intervals are NOTHING! Between weight gain and NOT running.... I am back to square one... walking for 2 minutes and running for 1 minute. But, it is a START and I'll take it! ;-) Besides....I have a new Timex watch that beeps at me when it's time to start walking or flailing! Only took me since Thanksgiving to take it OUT OF THE WRAPPER!

Well, maybe I'll join in also. I was doing mainly Cathe's videos (with heavy strenth Sept-Dec) but needed to switch for awhile so for January and Feb have decided to do lighter weight work with FIRM Tapes but still include Cathe. In March I plan to do the CTX rotation (which I got for Christmas on DVDs). Hope its okay to join in.

Monday: The FIRM V.1
Tues: The FIRM V.2
Wednesday: Hi-lo and kickbox segments from 10-10-10, all of kickbox (except biceps)
Thusday: Rest
Friday: The FIRM V.3
Saturday; Cardio Kicks
Sunday: The FIRM V.1

Congrats on your new baby Trevor:)
I sure am impressed with how hard everyone works here. I didn't check in last week, but decided to today as I am entering the 4th week of my rotation

Sunday:L Arts a.m. yoga, Cardio Kicks, Pullies-10 min.s(remember those ropes that you hung off the doornob and would lay on the floor on your back and pull legs up and down or alternate them?-I love these-they really work my gut. My mom uses them all the time too)

Monday:KSmith-yoga relax system, MIC,Firm abs-day 4, Pullies-20 mins

Tuesday:MIS, L. Arts yoga conditioning 4 w8 loss

Wednesday:IMax, L. Arts-a.m. yoga

Thursday: 20 min.s living arts power yoga 4 beg.(don't like it),
Slammin' Sports Cardio on 8" step(when I first got this tape I had to use a 6" step-9 mos ago)

Friday:KSmith-yoga relax system, CST, BBS,

Saturday:L.Arts-a.m yoga, SL&A, L.Arts-yoga conditioning 4 w8 loss

Today:Cardio Kicks, walk-40 mins, Yoga Zone-Stress & conditioning

I am trying to do 1 yoga tape each day this month. I am starting to feel a bit more flexible, which is very encouraging. Have a great week everyone!!!

Kate

Now your world will be entirely different...

....with every move being calculated around a new baby!!! Good luck, and thank goodness for workout videos!

My week was a good workout week, but I HAVE to watch the bread machine bread!!! I haven't gained weight because of it, but I KNOW I have to watch it.

Sunday: 40 minute run/walk at the Y
Monday: Circuit Max with a 50 lb. barbell for legs only with the weights.
Tues: Nuttin'
Weds: Meaner Legs
Thurs: Cardio Kicks
Friday: My weekly Imax fix, plus PS C/S/T
Sat. 20 minutes on the mini-trampoline plus PS B/B/A

I have figured out that I need 5 days a week of tough cardio....no way around it. I find it SOOOOOOO hard to tear myself away from Cathe and do a boring run/walk!!!!

I saw Deb H this week, and she looks great after her CTX circuit. She may not agree, but that's what I think. I bought a new WORKOUT book called "Look Great Naked".....I'll give you a review when I read it. What a great title!!!!! :D

No new recipes this week 'cause I'm trying to eat stuff in my freezer. Maybe next week.

Hi Everybody,

Congratulations to Trevor. My son is 4 1/2 and I would love to be able to go back and start all over from the beginning. Wow! They are so wonderful.

Here's how my week looked:

Sunday Rest
Monday 35 min. stairmaster
Tuesday 35 min. stairmaster + PS biceps and abs
Wednesday 2.5 mile run + 15 min. stairmaster
Thursday 30 min. stairmaster
Friday 30 min. stairmaster
Saturday PS Chest and Shoulders

See ya later,
Lisa

Thanks HB!!

It was so nice to meet. It's been too long since we got to yip-yap!! Thanks for the compliment. Actually, I have been very pleased with the results I received with CTX!!! :-jumpy As I figured though, it just is going to take longer to see the results I WANT in my lower body. I will continue to plug away though. I just love, love, love the new tapes. Again, thanks for the compliment and you are lookin' pretty awesome for a granny!! You're a super role model. Keep up the good work. We'll be waiting for your review on your new book. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hi everyone! Trevor--you are so lucky to have that sweet baby in your life. Thanks for sharing :) :)
All of your weeks look great. I really need to get some ideas on how to do a bit more cross training. It used to be no problem--I would walk, hike, do step, weight train, etc. Now I do Cathe videos. Period. And usually step ones. Of course I'm still doing weights, but i know that's not adding variation. I can really feel it in my knees, but I just love doing step--I can't handle the thought of going for a walk--BORING!!!
So on that happy note, here's my week:
MONDAY: 10-10-10 and Stepworks cooldown
TUESDAY: NAC Mod. Intensity + Aerostep (that's me trying not to do step!)
WEDNESDAY: rest
THURSDAY: StepFit warmup, MIS legs, KVoight arms, TWV back and shoulders
FRIDAY: Pmax warmup+ STepfit step and cooldown
SATURDAY: Imax warmup (I LOVE THAT MUSIC!!!!) + Bodymax step and first two circuits +Stepworks cooldown
SUNDAY: Sworks warmup+ Bodymax powercircuits, upper body, and abs
The end.
Wendy

Hi everyone! Trevor--you are so lucky to have that sweet baby in your life. Thanks for sharing :) :)
All of your weeks look great. I really need to get some ideas on how to do a bit more cross training. It used to be no problem--I would walk, hike, do step, weight train, etc. Now I do Cathe videos. Period. And usually step ones. Of course I'm still doing weights, but i know that's not adding variation. I can really feel it in my knees, but I just love doing step--I can't handle the thought of going for a walk--BORING!!!
So on that happy note, here's my week:
MONDAY: 10-10-10 and Stepworks cooldown
TUESDAY: NAC Mod. Intensity + Aerostep (that's me trying not to do step!)
WEDNESDAY: rest
THURSDAY: StepFit warmup, MIS legs, KVoight arms, TWV back and shoulders
FRIDAY: Pmax warmup+ STepfit step and cooldown
SATURDAY: Imax warmup (I LOVE THAT MUSIC!!!!) + Bodymax step and first two circuits +Stepworks cooldown
SUNDAY: Sworks warmup+ Bodymax powercircuits, upper body, and abs
The end.
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.