Check-in 4/7/01

RE: Hi Everyone!

Hey Dancing Deb!
Glad the elbow is coming around.....take it slow now!
Great workout week as usual girl!!.....and yes your Indians did blow that one game but hey, they still got 2 of 3 from my O's. We'll get them down here at Camden!! :)
Trevor

Hey Kelly!
Great job with those early morning workouts. I wish I could get up early like you. It sure would save me time in the afternoons.
Keep up the good work!
Trevor :)

RE: My family thinks I'm weird......

I want to thank you all for sending me and my family your thoughts and prayers. This has been a trying time, for we were very close. The workouts have been great stress buster for me, but being the only fitness nut in my family, they just don't understand how I can "go on as normal." It is nice to know that some people DO understand that exercise can bring relief in trying times. Thank you all once again, I'll keep your kind words in my heart forever.

Aimee

Hey Wendy!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-01 AT 08:58PM (Est)[/font][p]How do I manage to double post so many times????:7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Hey Wendy!

Don't be too discouraged yet! Take some time off from all the high powered stuff and you might be surprised when you come back SLOWLY that you will do just fine. It may be a case of too much too soon. Now & then I will also develope twinges here & there but usually with some common sense (cutting back or decreasing the intensity) I can work thru it. Don't throw your tapes out yet. Your body will thank you for a change of pace such as walking. Let us know how you do after a while. Thinking of you!

Me again Wendy!

Sorry, just noticed your post to me! I have the "Buns" & the "Abs" tape from the series and I like them both. They are challenging and a very quick workout that can even be broken down into smaller workouts. If I remember right, they are divided into 2-15 minute segments. The "Buns" tape does include lunges and squats. She incorporates single presses, pulses and also isolation holds. She uses a chair for several of the moves for balance. Tamilee does not use weights but they could easily be used. I am not sure if it would bother your knees. They are not quite as hard as Cathe's leg tapes, but it IS a challenge.(It may be a good choice for you right now. If you find they bother your knees too much at this point, your Mom could borrow them for awhile! :7 I am interseted in the "I Want That Body" tape also but I decided to try these two first. Let me know if you pick them up. I got mine at Border's for around $9.00. Good Luck and take care of those knees.

Hi Janet!

Good to see you posting again! I am not real sure what I did to my elbow? Isn't that crazy? I felt some twinges after a few workouts but figured it would go away. All of a sudden it just seemed real bad. Who knows. I have been babying myself for a few weeks now.:-( It has not been fun. I definitely see an improvement from resting it. Luckily, I can still do my cardio and lower body work. The upper body is going to mush real fast! You are not being nosey at all. I'm glad to share that we purchased the JohnnyG Comp Bikes! We love them. My hubby & I spin about 3X/week, sometimes together, sometimes on our own depending on our crazy schedules. Are you considering getting one? I'll recommend some good tapes to you if you do. Keep me posted on your injury. Sending some healing vibes your way!

Thank You Lisa!

Thanks so much for the review. I can't wait to try it. It will be collecting a lil' dust while I recoup but I am going to go at it once I'm 100%!! I may preview it again and see if there is enough leg work without upper body and maybe use it as an add on to another tape. Do you think that would be possible? Thanks for your time & have fun with the tape.

Hi Erica!

I was at Nelson's Ledges YEARS ago. I am talkng high school years (What was that, about 10 years ago?? ;-) Nope, more like 30!) I'll have to talk my hubby into a hike there now that the weather is clearing. Whoa Girl~you are really getting back into your running. You go. How is the spinning? Aren't the tapes fun & challenging? Thanks for the reminder of the park.

Hey Murph!

I've lost a few posts too! It is so upsetting especially if you type as slow as I do!! Glad to hear that Echo-Bird is progressing. Is he more comfortable with you riding him now? How exciting. Keep us posted. It will be so fun for you to have him close by. I don't know how you keep up with his training, all the driving, your workouts AND your job!! Whew! Have fun with CTX this week, I sure miss my upper body parts. Make it "Hurt Sooo Good"!

Thanks Susan!

You "HUG" is gladly accepted! Thanks for thinking of us all on the injured list!

HI, Debbie

Thanks for your encouragement :).
Although my knee is feeling MUCH better today, I want to remember that pain, and follow your advice and my initial instincts and take that time off from the impact. Given the fact that it is so much better today, I think you're right that it will be just fine, but I think I need to remember about LIGHT, medium, and hard workouts. And my workouts are so light compared to others, anyway, just hard for me!! :) I don't know how people aren't falling apart at the seams (or at the joints, anyway!).
Thanks for the info on Tamilee, too.
Have a great day...
Wendy

Dear Aimee,

Don't let your family get you down. I have worked through many a crisis with excersise. I work things out and bring myself to a coping level with excersise. You sound as if you are fully aware of what you need to work through this tough time. Hang in there and give yourself TIME. DebD

Hey Debbie!

I'm not sure if you're doing leg work without a barbell on your shoulders at this point (or if you're avoiding it so you don't have to use the elbow)...but, the PowerBar tape leg work is done with the barbell on the shoulders. Of course, I don't see why you couldn't substitute with dumbbells held at your sides instead...so maybe you could give that a try.

Good luck and enjoy,
Lisa :)

Family members need to learn that when someone REALLY wants an opinion, he/she will ASK for one!!!! They are probably jealous, too, 'cause you are no doubt the queen of good shape in your family. Listen to US!!!!!!

Thanks Deb D and HB!! That's what I'm doing. Listening to you all!! Thanks for the words of encouragement:)!! I'm hangin' in and workin' out and loving you all for your support! Thanks again!

Aimee

YoHoo Wendy!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the "BUNS" tape does NOT have any floor work. :-( Sorry, I know you were hoping for some. There is an old "Buns Of Steel" tape. It is the one Greg Smithey(SP???) does. It has a killer floor routine. He talks about working off those french fries and cheeseburgers and let me tell you, while you are doing it, you are sure you will find that stuff laying all over the floor when you are done! :7 Killer tape. If you are interested in the name of it, let me know. I lent it to my daughter.

Thanks Lisa!

I'll give that a try!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.