CHALLENGERS - August 2012

Tonight was my first actual weight workout at the new club. It was about 40 minutes long. Then I did the ellipital for one of the 15 minutes intervals.

Jean

Good Morning Jean,

I went to the gym last night and did the elliptical and tonite is my final session with PT just a little nervous about that one. Those machines sound really cool hope you enjoy it you are doing good.

Thursday night I did interval sessions at the gym. Friday I did the weight machine. Saturday, I did 45 minutes walk/jog. Planning on going back to the gym Sunday for one of the machine workouts. So far I'm not loving the machine. At times it kind of awkward and you feel like you are using bad form. Trying to give it a chance though and not be to judgmental yet.

Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Jean

Good Morning Jean,

I spent all weekend at the lake except for dd's baby shower. Friday I did the elliptical and Saturday I did the wt machines plus the stationary bike, Monday I did the elliptical again and tonite is wts. DD is at the hospital she is having contractions waiting on a status update.

How exciting. Praying for a smooth and uneventfully delivery. I'm sure you are sitting on pins and needles waiting for an update.:)

Jean

Good Evening Jean,

They sent her home and said she was in early labor so she is to rest and keep her feet up. I went to the gym and did 15 mins on the tm and then wts.

I tried the Koko gym again, but I don't think I will continue with their weight machine. It causes too much strain on my neck. May still go up there to do the cardio machines since I signed up for the month.

Just noticed that I didn't start a new thread for Sept. Oh well we cna just keep this one gong if you don't mind.

This weekend I got in a nice jog/walk with more jogging than walking. I still am a long way from being able to run a full 5 k. I have really lost a lot of endurance. I have a 5K in 2 weeks that I am participating in on behalf of a fellow Cathlete who is battling ovarian cancer.

How's your DD doing?

Jean

This weekend I was out of town for my niece's wedding. It was very nice. I was afraid to get on the scale this morning because of the traveling. I tired to eat in moderation and I guess it paid off, because the scale was actually down a little this morning.

Has your daughter had the baby yet?

Jean

Good Morning Jean,

DD had her baby boy on Sept 5th he weighed 5lb. 13oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. We have spent alot of time with him but right now he has a cold so we haven't been able to see him and I miss him. DH and I came to and agreement that I would go to the gym to do cardio only and do wts at home and up until today that wasn't working so well I was doing cardio but no wts. This morning I went and did the elliptical and then came home and did CKM Split Session Upper Body and it made me wonder why I ever got a trainer that workout is tough. How has the new gym been for you?

Congrats on the baby. Hope his cold is better. I bet he is so tiny. As for the new gym. I stopped going. It really bothered my neck trying to watch the guide screen. Since I don't want to do anything that messes with my neck after all the therapy I have been through for the disc bulge and shoulder issues, I figured it was not worth it.

I think I will plan on starting up P90X2 next week and see how I manage with that. I have just been doing some walking/jogging lately. Tomorrow is the 5K race for ovarian cancer. The friend that I support by running these races, passed away yesterday so this race will be full of so much emotion, I know I will be need to bring some kleenex.

Jean

This has been a hectic week. My friend's memorial service was yesterday and several of her Cathlete friends from out of town, came to the service. It was a nice service and we all went to dinner afterward. She will me greatly missed.

Workouts this week have been pretty much non-existent. I did part of Imax2 one day in honor of my friend since it was here favorite. Planning on getting in a nice run this weekend since it the last Saturday of the month and that is when I do the Cardio Coach Press Play mp3 workout.

Hope all is well with you.

Jean

Good Afternoon Jean,

Things have been a little crazy for me this week. DH was laid off so I have been to depressed to workout and I had to quit the gym to save money. I am going to try and get back on the wagon tonite. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.