CDs to learn Spanish?

iris123

Cathlete
We are considering Mexico for vacation. I took a little Spanish in high school, but never used it and don't remember much. I've checked the library for language CDs. So far, they are all painfully boring!! Anyone have a CD set that you can recommend?

iris123

I know there is a company called Rosetta Stone that has foreign language CDs. I haven't tried it but I remember checking on it for one of my friends. From what I remember they can be a bit expensive.

Hi Iris,

There was a thread on this subject a few months ago. One of our fellow Catheites (Michele, I think) gave us a link to a website that offered reviews of foreign language software. The title of the thread is "How Many of You .. " and the link to the website is http://software.toptenreviews.com

Good luck.

MissL

< I've checked the library for language CDs. So far, they are all painfully boring!! Anyone have a CD set that you can recommend?>

C'mon. Have you even spoken with a librarian to see what other resources are available? Have you investigated whether there is anything available via interlibrary loan? Personally, I think Pimsleur are among the best instruction language CDs and should be readily available through your library. BTW, don't fall for the "Learn Spanish the Fast and Fun Way" type CDs. There is no fast way to learn a foreign language (unless you take an immersion course) and while it can be fun it is most definitely work. Good luck!

I agree with Beavs. Also, I used Michel Thomas CD's that a friend gave me and they were very good to get the basics down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.