CC vol 8 question

laura35

Cathlete
on the recovery times are you suppose to bring the incline down and speed or just the speed. after the challenges I have been bringing both down when he says go back to a level 1 effort but I am not sure if I am suppose to keep it on the incline for recovery and just slow down the speed or what?

Laura, I do the workouts on an elliptical and I decrease my speed and resistance to get back to a level 1 unless he specifies something different. Don't let it frustrate you -- I find that I usually have to do the workouts a couple of times before I get a handle on my settings, and then as soon as I figure it out, they change as I get better. ;)

Laura,

My thinking is you need to do what you must in order to recover at a pace that feels really easy. You dont necessarily need to reduce incline.

I bring down both incline and speed always when Sean says Level 1. I do my Level 1 and Level 2 always at 0% incline. For Level 3 and Level 4, I increase both incline and speed if Sean says to do a Trek. For a hill, I dont increase speed but I increase incline a lot.

Totally unconnected, but for some people they always set the incline of a treadmill to atleast 0.5% to 1% as that is supposed to mimic the extra exertion of running outdoors, so for them a low incline = flat.

~* Vrinda *~

thanks, I just wasnt sure because he doesnt specifically say lower incline but he say lower speed. I do both and do inclines on level 3 and 4 and up my speed a little too. I do level 3 at 2% incline running at 6.5 mph and level 4 at 4% incline and speed 6.5mph so that puts me well under a 10min mile run which is what I am trying to do, get faster. I am hoping the hill training will help me achieve this. Vol 8 kicks my butt and I am totally drenched when I am done doing it. but I really feel like I tackled a big challenge when I am done.

Vol 8 is addictive. I enjoy the 8 minute treks best.

There is no way I would survive through the workout unless I reduce incline to 0% for Level 1. I still get my butt kicked pretty hard!

~* Vrinda *~

>There is no way I would survive through the workout unless I
>reduce incline to 0% for Level 1.

Ditto that! For me, Level 1 means NO INCLINE, as well as a reduced speed (especially for Vol 8!).

Just jumping in...reading all these posts about Vol 8 is making me REALLY want it!!! I may have to give in today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.