Cathe's Fit and Firm

DawnA

Cathlete
Hi Donna and Kimba,
Did you guys look at this video yet? Mine came Saturday. I suppose I understand why Cathe doesn't sell it anymore, since it's pretty different from the newer stuff, and it's pretty dated. Those lace tights are sure a blast from the past! Cathe is perfect as usual. She is so friendly, and gives wonderful form pointers. It's also really interesting how much her sister moves like her. Their movements are almost exactly alike. I think the tape seems very Firm-like. In previous posts I have said I never even hear whooping on anything, but I did hear it on this one! It's like one of those Herbal Essence shampoo commercials! This must be one satisfying workout! Really pleasurable;-) And, my favorite, Cedie is front and center!
Dawn

Hi Dawn, I did the workout on Saturday and yes I noticed the "excited whooping" in this one also! :)

I made the mistake of using the same weights as Cathe, I should have gone a bit heavier. I was hesitant because it was high rep, so like Pyramid UB I thought I'd better stay light just in case so I don't burn out too early, but now I know I'll be able to go heavier next time. Like where she used 3# in the first segment, I'll use 5#, and where she used 5 for the second segment, I'll use 8# and I should still be able to go rep for rep and feel it. But there are at least 32 reps, sometimes more for each exercise, and there are like 10 separate exerises so I didn't want to burn out too early, but now I know! :)
The leg work is tough! I knew from the preview when she stayed on 1 leg for an entire 5 minutes that I would not be using ankle weights! My thighs/butt were feeling it yesterday. That floorwork will really get into the muscle, even sitting yesterday I could feel the muscle soreness. Cathe is clearly "queen of leg floorwork!" I rolled all over my floor like a wounded slug after just the right leg! And the ONLY reason I did the left was because of course you can't work just 1 side, so on to torture the other! :(
But I'll probably utilize this one on a day when I need some weight work but am not feeling up to a total body workout like ME or PH, or maybe in an "all circuit" style of rotation.

Donna
Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

RE: Got It!!

Whooa!!! Does anyone know when this video was produced?
Cathe looks like a bad mama jama on the cover!

RE: Got It!!

Hi Kimba, I think somewhere on the video tape itself I saw 1995. Cathe was amazing even then, have you done the floorwork yet? She barely winces the entire time, meanwhile I'm rolling around the floor like a wounded slug!

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

RE: I didn't get it either...

Hey Lady,

I'm in MD and got mine this morning!
I'm previewing it now. WOW what a change from the Cathe I'm used to --or the style of the tape. I have to adjust my TV because this video is really dark -- so dark I can't see Cathe's face! The whooping is ... well whooping. More than you ever heard in any Cathe video, that's for sure! These outfits are wild and so is the fake beach background! LOL! I know #8 dumbells are going to KILL me in this workout! Who does strength better than Cathe? NOBODY!

P.S. Love the green Gold's Gym plastic dumbells. They were my very first pair and I have those big #5s to this day.

>I live in NJ. Where are you, Kimba?:)

Hey......can you get any more of those? I went to overstock.com, but I couldn't find that video.

Hollie

I guess they're sold out. They had a limited amount when I ordered two weeks ago.

>Hey......can you get any more of those? I went to
>overstock.com, but I couldn't find that video.
>
>Hollie
>

Heck I have quite a few Cathe's waaaay older than 1995 and she looks great to me in those as well. I like the lace myself.

Edith ;)

I'm totally straight, but does her butt look incredible in those lace shorts or what?

Her sister is so cute and looks agreat deal like her.

>Heck I have quite a few Cathe's waaaay older than 1995 and
>she looks great to me in those as well. I like the lace
>myself.
>
>Edith ;)

I know Kimba, they don't look good on anyone usually. She is just in such great shape she can wear anything. And P.S. I know you're straight. Forum jumping here -Jesse L. Martin- I agree completely! The only actor in the world who does it for me! I'm an old married lady, but he is just incredible! That man makes me drool.:*
Dawn

RE: Debbie

The one almost right behind her. Look at her movements. Cathe and her sister move so much alike.

LOL! Jesse L. Martin and General Vincent Brooks --the Men of the Hour for me ;) .

>I know Kimba, they don't look good on anyone usually. She is
>just in such great shape she can wear anything. And P.S. I
>know you're straight. Forum jumping here -Jesse L. Martin- I
>agree completely! The only actor in the world who does it for
>me! I'm an old married lady, but he is just incredible! That
>man makes me drool.:*
>Dawn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.