Cathe who?

kenja

Cathlete
Cathe,
What is wrong with us Aussies?

Why is it that people you speak to in Australia, even in the fitness industry, have never heard of Cathe Friedrich? I have almost all of Cathe's dvds and cannot understand that she has not been discovered over here. You would think fitness industry people would be searching the net for new ideas, finding out who the "guns" in the exercise business are. They could all learn a lot from Cathe.
Maybe I should take a soapbox into the city and let everyone know all about her workouts!!!

Last edited:
I've found the same thing to be true here in the US. Before I "stumbled" onto Cathe on FitTV a few years ago, I had never heard of her and I worked out at home, using every new VHS/DVD instructor I could get my hands on (none really fit my needs). Now when I go to a fitness equipment or fitness clothing store people working there always ask what kind of workouts I do. When I tell them "Cathe Friedrich" they look at me with a blank stare. I am amazed!

I've found the same thing to be true here in the US. Before I "stumbled" onto Cathe on FitTV a few years ago, I had never heard of her and I worked out at home, using every new VHS/DVD instructor I could get my hands on (none really fit my needs). Now when I go to a fitness equipment or fitness clothing store people working there always ask what kind of workouts I do. When I tell them "Cathe Friedrich" they look at me with a blank stare. I am amazed!

Me too, nobody seems to know who she is, except us of course. So weird.:confused:

Me too, nobody seems to know who she is, except us of course. So weird.:confused:

I think it's because Cathe is the "real deal" and doesn't go in for all the marketing hype. The world doesn't know what they are missing!

This is a poor metaphor, but it's like eating supermarket tomatoes and not experiencing what a home-grown one tastes like.:eek:

Hi All! I used to present at all the fitness conferences in the early 90's but stopped long ago due to running my business and raising my family. Today there are many new faces in the fitness industry (a small handful still remain from when I presented) and the attendees (who are mainly instructors) pretty much mostly only get exposed to those who presents at conferences unless they step out of the box and surf the net.

I learned about Cathe a long time ago when I asked Collagevideo for suggestions after being a Firm Believer back in the day. They suggested Cathe and I bought on VHS Pure Strength and I guess it was Imax --the very first one. I know others who learned of Cathe from watching Fit TV. Now it is mostly infomercials.

If I only had a dollar for every person I've told about Cathe...I'd have enough money to pre-order her next series!!!!

Ha! Me too, I even lend some out from time to time. I just lent the MMAs to a coworker a few weeks ago (I can't wait to get them back home where they belong!:().

If I never got Direct TV in my life I would have never known about Cathe. For awhile I was working out at home but just working in my apartment gym and then I joined a gym which I no longer belong to. I found Cathe on FitTV as well and so happen I did because for workouts I need structure.

Yeah any time I mention Cathe no one knows who she is, but I'm glad I do her workout keep the motivation there for me :)

I started out with the Firm and when I bought my step (it was a Cathe step) there was a DVD in it with one of her step workouts...the rest is history. I gave my Firm DVDs to my sister!

Shockingly, I actually found Cathe after I got laid off from a job several years ago. I was home and channel surfing mid-day (to avoid the soaps) and found FitTV on DirecTV. And that's how I found Cathe! If I hadn't gotten laid off.... The horror!

I found Cathe after I had my first child. I was a group exerciser at the gym for years. I needed something at home after my family started to grow. I surfed the web and found her when she was releasing Body Max 2, Butt and Gutts, Low Impact Circuit, and Drill Max. I had found my home! At last! A High Intensity Instructor that put out multiple DVD's consistently and frankly, was not annoying after doing the video umpteen times. I look forward to seeing her face on my TV. I have learned so much from Cathe! Walking away from my gym membership and utilizing her as my fitness guru has been one of the best things to happen to my body. I receive an education from her on a daily basis by her workout videos and her blog.
THANK YOU, CATHE!!

I'm from Australia too and have soooo many of her DVD's. About 10 years ago (when Aerobics OZ Style was the craze) I was looking on the net for some good, hard working step DVD's and after searching through a few websites Cathe's DVD's popped up with heaps of recommendations or rating stars so that's how I started.

Now I'm patiently waiting for my low impact DVD's to arrive. I cannot wait!!!!

Thanks Cathe!!

I learned about Cathe from Spark People - once I heard about her I checked her out on Fit TV and turned into an instant Cathe fan. I always feel sad for people who talk about P90X like it is this amazing program yet don't know about STS - because STS is THE most amazing program. The fact that we have the 1RM and the workout cards really helps to just send this series to an entirely different level - and it is not a linear scale, it is logarithmic! But I know I am preaching to the choir here.

Cathe,
What is wrong with us Aussies?

Why is it that people you speak to in Australia, even in the fitness industry, have never heard of Cathe Friedrich? I have almost all of Cathe's dvds and cannot understand that she has not been discovered over here. You would think fitness industry people would be searching the net for new ideas, finding out who the "guns" in the exercise business are. They could all learn a lot from Cathe.
Maybe I should take a soapbox into the city and let everyone know all about her workouts!!!

I hear ya Kenja!! As a fellow Aussie, I think the only solution is to get our girl Cathe down here for a promotional visit - would also be a fabulous vacation for you and the boys Cathe! Hey what about an Aussie Road Trip?

Yep, Cathe's the biz :cool: . I've never met anyone who has any idea what I'm talking about when I say her name (I'm in the US). It's funny because in my house, she's like part of the fam. My DH & DS both workout to her (they were inspired after meeting her & all you Cathletes at the Disney RT ;) ). Whenever people are talking about p90x or something similar, and my DH tells them he's doing STS, they are dumbfounded that they've never seen a commercial about it :rolleyes: (especially when looking at DH they can see that it WORKS! :eek: )

I love that Cathe doesn't even HAVE to "sell" herself using infomercials and stuff. And that's what I tell people when they look at me weird. I simply say, "oh, you may not have heard from her because she's not an actor/celebrity, she's a trainer/athlete, and she's serious. She doesn't need gimmicks to get people to buy her stuff, the results speak for themselves...."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.