Cathe where do I begin?

mari27

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I have worked out to your videos for years now............I have worked out on and off(more off than on)within the past 3 years.
In 2005 I lost my 8yr. old son and my father to cancer.
Within that time frame I fell into a deep depression and I gained 80 pounds and some very unhealthy habits.
I am now more than ready to take charge of my health and my life.
My question is this where do I begin when it comes to your workouts.I am able to completely do Step Blast and the Kickbox videos without a problem.
But since I have never been that consistent I am not sure if that would create a problem now that I will be working out 6 days.
What should I do so that I do not hurt myself but yet I do want to see some kind of results just to gain a little of my self-esteem back.
What do you suggest?
Thank you in advance,
Marisol

Dear Marisol. My heart just pinched and sank hard as I read your post. I'm am so sorry for your loss. I'm hurting hard for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Wow, jumping back in at six days maybe a bit too aggressive. I don't want to see you get hurt. Lets do 4 days a week for four weeks. If that is comfortable and you then want to add a fifth day, do that for three weeks. If that works and you then want to add the sixth day, go ahead. Many find that they don't need six days a week to get the results they need/want. No sense stressing the body unnecessarily if not productive. So wait and see how it responds first. Also, starting out with less lays a nice foundation for bone and joint strength to support the extra activity.

I'd try three cardio's per week and one total body strength for the first four weeks. After that, you can add on another total body weight day.

Good luck with everyone and please keep your spirits up. Exercise will definitely help you with your sad times as will a talking with friends, family, and even councelors if needed.

Take it a step at a time. I will say a prayer for your full strength and recovering heart.

Keep me posted Marisol!

Oh, me too Marisol. My heart just aches for what you've been thru. BIG, BIG HUGS 2 U! I miss seeing you here. Try to pop in and stay in touch with us all. It will definitely help to lift your spirts as will your Cathe workouts. We missed you!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Thank you so much......I am grateful for all the prayers and support.
I knew that I would go into it with a "all or nothing" attitude and eventually hurt or discourage myself.
Which is why I thank you for your expertise and absolutelty trust your knowledge.
Once again you are always the best.
Sincerely,
Marisol

Thanks for the Hugs they were definately felt right through the screen.
You have been and are such an inspiration to me always with your knowledge but mostly for your very kind words and your compassion.
They do not make too may like you.
God Bless You,
Marisol

P.S. This time if I get the Chance I think I WILL DANCE!!!!

Marisol, I too would like to extend my condolences for your losses. I'm very glad that you have joined our Cathe Community. I totally agree with Cathe (as always) that starting with a more moderate 3-cardio and 1-strength workout schedule per week is the way to go for now.

For strength, I would like to suggest your purchasing (if your budget can afford it right now) either Muscle Max from Cathe's Hard Core Series, or her Supersets / Push-Pull DVD from her Body Blast Series. Each of these DVDs offers total-body weight (and in cases resistance band) muscle endurance / strength conditioning. Muscle Max has a lot of premixes so you can mix up the drills; Supersets / Push-Pull contains two stand-alone workouts that also (I believe) have premixes.

Please continue to participate here, and let us know how you are getting on.

Love,

A-Jock

Marisol,

God bless you.

I cannot imagine your loss. I lost my father in 2005, which was a devastating and crippling blow, but still... I cannot imagine what you have been through. Losing a child is a completely different thing.

I know you have been on these forums for some time and were absent for a while. So I would just like to say my thoughts, prayers, and best wishes are with you.

God bless.

Marisol,

I have tears in my eyes for you right now. I can't imagine what you've been given to endure. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

There is a passage in Psalms 30:5 that reads, "...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

I hope that your morning will come soon. Much love and comfort to you.

Marisol,

While I cannot begin to even imagine what you've gone through, I can certainly say you've chosen the right path towards recovery.

Exercise is a wonderful gift we can give to ourselves, it improves our entire quality of life, and exercising with Cathe is the very best choice you can make, she's the best there is, bar none!

Posts like yours are igniting a fire inside me to become a kickboxing teacher, to show people what a wonderful tool exercise is.

Please continue to be part of this forum!

Take care,

Jerry

Marisol,

We are all here for you. I am deeply sorry for your losses and cannot imagine how hard it must be for you.

Cathe is the way to go, not only are her workouts simply the best, she is a kind an gracious lady as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back