cathe, newbie with STS question

sugarbear

Cathe or SNM,

Have tried to do a search for my question but haven't been able to find anything so I do apologize if this has already been asked. The use of paper plates in STS looks SO fun but the floor in my gym is a rubber type flooring. Do you have any suggestions for what I may be able to substitute for the plates or the moves? I'm thinking of ordering STS but am wondering if I will get the full benefit of the leg workouts if I can't use the plates.

Also would like to thank you so much for everything you do!! I have a ways to go in reaching my fitness goals but I would not be where I am today or have the confidence I do if it weren't for you and your wonderful crew!

Thak You,
Alicia

Hi Alicia!

Yes, if you have a minute to run a search in this forum you will find a few threads with others giving options.

For now I will quickly answer by saying:

1) Yes, you will still get good benefits doing exercises without actually sliding/gliding but if you can slide that is the best option.

2) A great remedy is to by a 6 by 6 (8 by 8 or 10 by 10) carpet piece (nothing too fluffy, or with ridges, just a flat firm piece of carpet). You can go bigger if you want by 6 by 6 should be ok. Anytime you have to do your gliding exercises just throw your carpet piece down on your rubber floor, grab your plates/weights and go.

Cathe or SNM,

Have tried to do a search for my question but haven't been able to find anything so I do apologize if this has already been asked. The use of paper plates in STS looks SO fun but the floor in my gym is a rubber type flooring. Do you have any suggestions for what I may be able to substitute for the plates or the moves? I'm thinking of ordering STS but am wondering if I will get the full benefit of the leg workouts if I can't use the plates.

Also would like to thank you so much for everything you do!! I have a ways to go in reaching my fitness goals but I would not be where I am today or have the confidence I do if it weren't for you and your wonderful crew!

Thak You,
Alicia

Alicia-may I butt in here??? I workout on puzzle mats in my basement and the plates don't go so well on them. The other day I pulled out some leftover linoleum from when we built our house, and the plates go mighty well (maybe too well, I'll have to tell you after the DOMS set in from those moves).

So I'm doing exactly as Cathe said, but from linoleum.

Gayle

Gayle, what side of the linoliem do you put down, the finished top side?
Thanks for teh tip as I also have puzzle mats on top of a conctete floor.

Cathe and Gayle thank you so much for the suggestions! I feel kind of like a goober for not thinking of those ideas myself. Now I'm off to convince my husband STS would make a wonderful mother's day or b-day gift!

Thanks so much!
Alicia

Goober Schmoober

We all have "goober" moments. I know I'm good for having more goober moment s than I like to admit ;) Thanks too Gayle for your suggestion.

Cathe and Gayle thank you so much for the suggestions! I feel kind of like a goober for not thinking of those ideas myself. Now I'm off to convince my husband STS would make a wonderful mother's day or b-day gift!

Thanks so much!
Alicia

Hey guys!!!! Goober Gayle here! :D

I put the linoleum down on the puzzle mat just like it lays on my kitchen floor.....finished side UP.

Another tip for the linoleum.....the other day I was playing around and found that the linoleum slipped just a little bit. No big deal, but I wanted to try to fix this minor problem. I put my yoga mat underneath and TA DA!!! No more slipping.

Gayle

Here's another idea. Depending upon where you work out... I work out in my basement, which is where my computer is. I have a carpet / floor protector under my computer chair, which is just the right size to drag over on top of my puzzle mats for those plate slides. (Be careful though - you don't want the kind with all of the pointy gripper things - those could rip your puzzle mats)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.