CATHE: NEED HELP - TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT

XenaFan

Cathlete
Hello Cathe,

I'm on a mission to lose 80 pounds. Right now I'm walking 3 times a week on the treadmill for 60 minutes. On the other 3 days should I focus on sculpintg or cardio workouts?

I have the "Intensity Series" & "Body Blast"

THANKS for any suggestion! :)

Hi Xenafan! It all depends on where you are in your fitness goals right now. For instance, how long have you been walking on the treadmill for 60 minutes? If you have been doing this for a over a month, then I would start adding some more intensity to your walks (ie: do a few light 30 second running bursts and recovery phases in that 60 minutes). Also, you can split up a couple of 60 minute walks by doing 30 minutes of stepping and 30 minutes of walking (just for an example). If you just recently started doing these 3 walks and are getting very good results, then you can stick with it for now but incorporate the changes mentioned above when it no longer challenges you the way it once did.

As for weights, if you are just starting out you may find that Push Pull has a more straight forward approach that is easier to start off with rather than trying to do all of the weight and equipment changes that the others may have.

Try to do push pull two times a week for a month. Then you can branch out and try the other workouts. You want to try to work each major muscle group a minimum of once and a maximum of three times per week.

Here is a sample weekly workout:

Mon: 60 minute treadmill walk
Tues: Push Pull
Wed: 60 Minute Treadmill walk
Thurs: Push Pull
Fri: 60 minute treadmill walk
Sat: Cardio and Weights
Sun: off

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.