Cathe, follow-up question about varying cardio

Hi Cathe, I was reading your response to another poster about how you primarily use running for cardio but change it up when your body adjusts.

Running is murder for my knees, and since I love your high impact, I figure I need to limit high impact activities to that. My question is, can I accomplish this varying cardio thing for fat loss just with your videos, or do I need to run or join the gym for access to cardio machines? If I can do it with your vids (I have almost all of them), can you give me an example? Thanks!

Not Cathe here;-) , but kickboxing is a good, intense workout that doesn't need impact to be effective. KPC is easily adaptable to low-impact (when Cathe does runs, you can do power knee ups). Kick Max is another story!

If you do decide to join a gym, or buy equipment, then bikes, eliptical trainers and rowiing machines are all good no-impact cardio choices.

Are you thinking of giving up running all together and just going to video workouts? You can certainly get variety at home (perhaps not just with Cathe workouts): step (do it every other day at most if you have knee problems), kickboxing, rebounding, low-impact cardio, hi-lo, spinning (if you have a spinning bike, or if you get a trainer for your road bike), are some examples of the variety in home cardio options.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.