Cathe cracks me up...

in MIS when you do the quarter deadlifts and she says something like, "Keep the barbell close to your legs like you're shaving your legs. Hopefully you don't have nylons on." :D :+ :) I almost dropped my "dumbells" and did a new ab routine called "the laughing roll". :+ She's the cutest instructor. I don't care what anybody says: an instructor's personality matters for keeping you motivated.

The instructor makes or breaks the workout. I so agree with you. I like Cathe's personality. She's motivating without being way too cheerful.

I don't have MIS yet. But I ditto everything you said about Cathe and how important personality is. I'm one of those people who loves weight workouts, but DREADED any cardio, in any form. I did one step routine occasionally (buns of steel step 2000), and only did it because I liked the personality of tammilee, donna and tracy, and I loved the squat workout routine at the end. :+

Then, I got my first Cathe Step tape and I actually LOVE doing the step routines now! :) I can't believe it. Actually, no one who knows me, can believe it. I get up in the morning, really pumped to workout with Cathe. She ROCKS! I love her peppy attitude. And I think the coolest thing is that for some odd reason, she feels "familiar" to me. I think it has to do with having seen how YOUNG she was in her Step In Motion tape (what a doll face), and then seeing how she has matured into such a beautiful woman, and developed her incredible physique, in each of the other tapes I now have. And her "crew" is great too: lots of different ages, body types, and REAL smiles (the drone smile, can really grate on my nerves on some of the other instructor tapes I've seen. lol).

I just received CTX Upper Body Split, and watched it last night. I've never done endurance wt work, so I was exhausted just watching. I can't wait to try it today, though! I can see why she is so easy to get addicted to! I wish I had known about Cathe and this forum, many years ago.

I'm not sure which DVD it is, maybe Body Fusion, where she says "They are all laughing back there, am I all together?" It cracks me up every time!

One of my favorites is in the beginning of Power Max, when she says something like "this might seem easy now but a little later you'll be wishing we were back on this part." It always makes me laugh b/c I think she should say it at the start of ALL of her workouts.

I think its in PH when she says "we're taking a break not a vacation":) it just puts a smile on my face.

I believe that someone mentioned this in a past post, but I like the "get your balls out" or "I hope you have your balls" comment. Can't remember exactly how she words it. I know she didn't mean it that way, but oh boy, is it funny to hear.

It's strange how she just says something like "are you still with me?" or "you didn't quit already", when that's exactly what I was about to do. It's like getting busted by your parents. Keeps ya honest!

I like it in Circuit Max when she asks Cedi how many more reps, then turns to the camera and says, "They don't want to do any more reps then they have to." Then she pauses for a moment, then says, "I don't want to do any more reps that I have to either!" I always says, "I hear ya!"

It always cracks me up in the ab portion of Leaner Legs when she instructs us to do the standard crunch while alternating lifting each foot about an inch off the ground. She glances down and says "Well, my foot is more than an inch off the ground...I guess if you were doing it too, it's ok...I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" :eek: I laugh everytime!

she is so much fun. I can't make myself do anyone else. There isn't anything about her that I don't like.

I always laugh during ME when she is doing leg presses and she says, "Feels good...hmmm did I just say that?" "I don't know...does it feel good?" LOL I laugh every time she says that. :+

I don't know if anyone else has posted this, yet, but I love it at the end of the Challenge in Step Blast when she's doing air jacks and she cues the final set by calling out, "Air!" and then says, "That's what I need."

My favorites are in StepFit when she calls everyone "tootsie pops"; also the part where everyone screams in agony and she says, "Hey, was that a sheep?". There's also some other video where she says "shuffle down the board - hey, that's a game isn't it?". Just totally random, but very humorous comments! I notice these comments the more experienced I get (when I'm not having to concentrate so hard on the moves)! Keeps it fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.