Cathe Calendar (4-Day Split) Results for November!!!!

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Yippee! It is time to flip my Cathe calendar again. November was a victorious month for me. I faithfully finished my first Cathe rotation! Actually, this is the first rotation of any kind that I have completed. I am a bit of a rotation rebel! LOL! Cathe has accomplished what no man or woman before her has succeeded in doing! She created fun and effective weight workouts that I love, and I am hooked on weight training! Many personal trainers have tried to convert me through the years without success. Go, Cathe!

I wrapped up Cathe’s November rotation this morning with Boot Camp. I can do all the drills on the floor now! I had to modify the bunny hops and zig zap drill for my rebounder the first week! I can finally get all 4 weights back to the “finish line” for the suicide runs too. (Of course, I get dizzy when I run that fast. LOL!) I am making progress, and I love what I am seeing! Not only did I have to buy smaller jeans the night before Thanksgiving, but I am continuing to shrink all over and getting stronger every week! Yippee! Never did I dream or imagine I would be using 20-pound weights for incline chest work when 12-pound weights were “heavy” for me 7 weeks ago! I can still remember how hard it was for me to haul heavy weights up the stairs last month when I brought them home from Target! I bought 15-pound weights last year for Body Max 2 and was never able to use them until now!

I shared last month that I gained 10 pounds during my first week with this series. At the encouragement of several forum members, I packed up my scale for a few weeks. The 4-Day Split is fun enough for me to do with or without results, so I decided to enjoy the journey and forget about my weight for a season. The inches started coming off as soon as I started Cathe’s November rotation. I had to buy a smaller pair of jeans the night before Thanksgiving. I did not want loose-fitting jeans to lull me into complacency and entice me to overeat rich food. I have been working way too hard to overindulge! Moderation is the way to go! Out of curiosity, I pulled out my scale Thanksgiving morning. My weight had not changed an ounce even though all my measurements were smaller. I was delighted with my new jeans and had already determined not to give that number power over me, so I was not upset by it.

I decided to “fast” meat until I got it out of my system. I started eating organic air-chilled chicken almost every day when I started lifting heavier weights. After eating turkey a few times before Thanksgiving, I was feeling sluggish and drugged. For some reason, I look and feel better on a higher carb (60/20/20) plant-based way of eating. I can handle eggs and dairy in moderation but no more than a few ounces of meat every other day at most. I know how crazy this sounds, but meat (even organic grilled chicken) is what causes me to retain water. Starchy carbs like steel-cut oatmeal, corn, beans, and white potatoes do not! I stepped on the scale this morning so I could update my Cathe calendar. I am 10 pounds lighter than I was 10 days ago on Thanksgiving morning! So meat is officially designated as a feast food for me. It dawned on me that the reason I always gain weight when I visit my family is because my family eats a lot of meat, and I join them when I am with them. I did not realistically shed 10 pounds of fat in 10 days, but it is still 10 pounds my feet do not have to haul around. When you are significantly overweight, every pound counts! My grocery bill is lighter without the organic chicken too. I need the extra cash for my STS fund!

Here are my Cathe calendar results for November:

-10 pounds
-1" chest
-3" waist
-3" abdomen
-3" hips
-1" right thigh
-1" right calf
-1" right upper arm

I am still having fun with the 4-Day Split, but I decided to focus more on cardio and circuit training in December (for damage control in light of all the Christmas celebrations on my social calendar) and return to heavy weight work in January. Cathe’s December rotation looks delightful, so that is my game plan for the rest of the year! I got better results in November with Cathe’s rotation than I did on my own. My goal for December is to maintain my weight as I historically gain 10-20 pounds during the holidays. Eek!

Thank y’all for encouraging me to toss the scale and stick with the heavy weights. Not only am I smaller and stronger, but my body “feels” different too. I can feel muscle under the fat now. Everything is starting to get firmer and tighter. I have faith that I will love what I see when this layer of fat melts away! I have a long way to go and a lot of body fat to burn, but my body is being transformed from the inside out. I am having fun and enjoying every step of the journey. That is what really counts! Glory! I am still amazed that I found weight work I love. I wrote last month that the 4-Day Split would be my breakthrough series. Yes!

Have fun with your workouts in December. Enjoy treats and feast food in moderation. Bless your body with plenty of rest. Get ready to blast off the fat in 2008 with me! I am getting ready for an 18-week group challenge that starts in January. I will share more details about this next month. I am very excited!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Cathe Calendar (4-Day Split) Results for November!!...

Wonderful post Heather! Congratulations on sticking with the rotation and on your new jeans! I'm so glad you found what works for your body in terms of food and exercise. That's half the battle isn't it?? Enjoy this wonderful time of year and I'll look forward to reading more about your 18 week group challenge.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Heather,

Wow, what a superb month you've had! I logged on this morning in the express hopes that you had posted your results, because I was curious how it went after your first week. I'm thrilled that you had such a positive result! Figuring out your meat intolerance is certainly a key step, too. Thanks for posting your results. Will we get monthly summaries in 2008?

Cheers,
Sandra

Congrats Heather:) I share in the scale frustration but weigh myself every day to see the fluctuations, and there are many. I completed the intermediate rotation and also lost pounds and a dress size. I'm going to follow in your tracks with 4DS. You've done amazing Heather!

Thats great news Heather! Awesome! You must be so proud of yourself?:) :) Sometimes it takes a while for us to figure out what works for our bodies and what we should and shouldn't eat. Hopefully you have found the key and you can continue on your weightloss journey!

Lori:)

Heather, Congratulations!

I could have written your post -- I had never followed a Cathe rotation before this either. And like you, 4 weeks later, my weight is the same but my clothes are baggy. How cool is that?!?!

Keep up the good work, can't wait to hear more updates!

Heather-

I am so happy for you because you stuck with the rotation, did not obsess about the scale, and got fantastic results!!! Keep it up and keep sharing your progress!!!!!!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

I have not been on the forum in a very long time. I went back and read all your monthly updates, Heather. Wow, you have done a fantastic job this year, November has been really huge for you. Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Way to go !!! :)

I just ordered 4DS on Friday. I also have NEVER followed a rotation and thought that finally this would be one that I could! After reading your post I am so excited and can't wait for the UPS man to deliver my package!

I am so happy for your success!!

Michelle

Great results, Heather! You're the incredible shrinking woman. Keep up the good work!

Marcy

Thank You!!!!

Jonahnah, thanks for all the encouragement!

Sandra, it is good to see you again. I have not decided if I will share monthly updates in 2008. The new forums will have a blog feature. Hmmm. By the way, I am still waiting on those snowmen I ordered from you last year. LOL!

Sherry, thank you!

Rita, best wishes for your journey. Please share an update when you finish this rotation.

Lori, thanks for the encouragement. I know what to do. I just need to do it! LOL! My goal is to maintain my weight this month. I am looking forward to starting a 12-week rotation in January with heavy weights and a plant-based way of eating.

Katie, congratulations on the smaller size!

Judy, thank you for the enthusiastic response!

Heather, welcome back to the forums! Thank you for the kind words.

Michelle, have fun with your first Cathe rotation. Train hard! I am looking forward to reading your success report!

Marcy, your post made me smile. Thank you.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Thank You!!!!

Heather,
Congratulations on your results:7 You are an inspiration to me and I love reading your posts. I am going to try my first rotation in January. Unfortunately the holiday season has not been kind to mex( I'm just trying to maintain now and get myself ready for our vacation in April. Now I just have to decide which series to buy with my gift certificate or to save it for STS;-) Keep up the great work and keep posting, I really do look forward to reading your messages:) Have a wonderful weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.