Cathe - ACL?

meganmm

Hi Cathe,

I am very new to your workouts, and I am just *loving* them - I am excited to workout again.

Anyway, I noticed the scar on your knee and wondered if you had had ACL surgery. My 17 year old son just had his 2nd one (re-tore it 18 months after the first surgery) and is going thru physical therapy now. I just wondered how you injured your knee, and if you have any problems with it now, and how you stay injury-free with your intense workout style.

Anyway, thanks for your great workouts - I am really enjoying them.

Hi Meganmm! Nice to hear from you. Yes, I had a full ACL reconstruction about 9 years ago (wow, where did the time go. It seems like it was only a couple of years ago). I did it skiing. I don't really have any problems with it (knock on wood). If at times I feel that my knee has been exposed to too much intense activity for too many consecutive days, then I simply cut back or take a few days off so that I don't aggravate it.

Good Luck to your son! Take Care.

Wow! Thanks for your reply. It is encouraging to know that a full return to exercise and activity is possible, and that you aren't having any more problems this long after surgery. I read in the other knee post about your rehab. It *is* very intense, isn't it? My son has been told to wait a minimum of 6 months before returning to sports. It's killing him, because we are going to the beach in a couple of weeks, and he has to stay out of the waves and off the jetski.

Thanks for replying, and have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.