Cardio Suggestions

Stacy

Cathlete
Besides kickboxing and walking what are some low impact cardio workouts out there that does not overtax the quads? (ie, no step). I do not belong to a gym, so cardio machines and swimming would be out. I'm looking for dvd or youtube workouts. I can't seem to find anything that is not dancy choreography or that is not labeled beginner. Thanks!

Have you checked out Cathes Low Impact series? Other instructors that I like for cardio are Michelle Dozois with her Peak 10 workouts, Paul Katami has 4x4 and 4x4x2 that include compound weights. Kelly Coffey-Meyer has many, Amy Dixon Breathless Body, she has 4 of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shelly+dose+low+impact&ie=&oe=

I like shelly channel she may be a bit perky for some taste but her workout are good IMO. She has had knee surgery so all her workouts are protective of the knee but some her higher impact.

Wow, I was about to suggest Shelly Dose too! I have been enjoying doing workouts from her YouTube channel lately because of all the low impact options. She doesn't offer anything that will build strength, IMO. I use her workouts as more metabolic or cardio. She is perky, but not as,perky as say Mindy Mylrea. Plus you can't beat free workouts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.