Cardio Core Circuit - MERCY!! UNCLE!!!

I did 40/20 the other day, and CCC is def harder than 40/20. Good luck and have fun!

Nan

I think this workout is way harder than 40/20. This workout is another one that has a huge fun factor for me.

After doing the workout once, I did the core premix again to help practice my form and then did the final circuit again because of the music.

I am so loving STS Cardio!

Actually the ones I have attempted thus far make her other videos seem beginner.

OMG - how do she and the girls do this? I am in awe! I do not know how old Deazie is, but the other women are middle aged and look at them! I am humbled and floored....

I finally tackled CCC today and WOW it is killer! BUT, like the other STS shock cardio workouts I've done (the HIIT ones, so far), I am amazed at how fast it goes by! Despite the pain that goes into it, the fact that it flies by is a huge bonus for me. ;) I already feel the pain in my back and torso from all that ab work! Woo!

WHEW!!! Excuse me for a second, I need to find my heart and put it back in my chest.(LOL). Wow! If you are looking for an intense cardio workout then you have found it with this one. Cathe named this workout series correctly. "Shock Cardio" is right. As far as the workout goes, there is not much more to add to the description that Collage gives. There are 5 rounds. In each round you will do 3 short cardio moves, then you will repeat them. After that you will do an intense core move. And I do mean intense. There are a lot of rollups in this and plank moves, so keep that in mind. The cardio moves are mainly jumping-air jacks, jump squats,t-jumps, etc. I too had to pause the dvd for a second to catch my breath. Here I was thinking I was little miss fit woman. Leave it to Cathe to put me in my place. God bless her! This was exactly what I needed to "shock" my body. Thank you Cathe!!!

How does this workout compare w/Athletic Step? I have not done it yet. I am afraid that Athletic Step may be too intense for me.

Do you think Cardio Core Circuit is harder than Athletic Step?

How does this workout compare w/Athletic Step? I have not done it yet. I am afraid that Athletic Step may be too intense for me.

Do you think Cardio Core Circuit is harder than Athletic Step?

I found Athletic Step to be fairly easy. The last combo finally got my heart rate up - I've done AS twice and just don't find it to be that hard. CCC dang near killed me the 1st time. The 2nd time was better, but AS is way easier.

Nan

I agree with Nan. Athletic Step is quite a bit easier the CCC. I have to raise my step and jump higher to keep my heart in the zone I want it.

CCC - now that on the other hand - great cardio blasts and high impact (but I love that). Some of the core stuff though is a little awkward for me and takes some getting used to. Mastering the core sets without modifying is my goal for CCC.

The reason I love CCC is that it has a very high intensity and no box jumps or fast feet shuffles.

It is a killer to be sure.

Thanks for the input about Athletic Step. I plan to do it during next month's rotation.

WOW!!! I just did CCC last night and it was really REALLY tough! A lot of the time, especially with the rolling around, I'm yelling at the TV "How are you doing this?!" So needless to say, I had to modify quite a bit. It was so much fun though! I wish I hadn't done it the day after 30/30, however...my legs are fried today. What a great workout!

Did anybody see in the 2010 calendar where Cathe refers to this video as a Party in a Box?

The first time I did it I was fussing at Cathe and saying, "I thought you said this was a Party in a Box."

But after doing CCC a couple of times I really do think this is a Party in the Box.

Time flies and the music and drills are way fun!

The only core drill I can not do is the roll back and jump into the air. OMG - I don't think I will ever be able to do that one!

I did this workout for a second time last night and was pleasantly surprised at how much "easier" (ER being the emphasis, not the easy) it was than the first time I did the workout. I was even able to do all of the rolly-polly moves. On some of them I couldn't keep up with Cathe & Co. but I could do them.

Party in a box, huh? I like that. I think it is an apt description. I will call it that from now on - it'll help to take out the "uh-oh" feeling I get when I see CCC on the schedule;)

I was inspired by this thread to try this one. have been enjoying the MMA ones so much that I haven't done this one yet. it was fun and I made it thru, but yes those rollback things are tricky, but once I started using my hands to get me thru the sticking point it was all good!

I just did Cardio Core Circuit for the first time this morning (I know i'm behind the times) and all I can say is WOW!!!!! That was so much fun . . . and so freakin' hard!! Exactly what I wanted! :D On the last set of high, straight leg kicks Cathe says something like "4 more? why not" and I just start yelling in my head "4 more? is she crazy? there's no way! I can't do 4 more." By the time I got done whining it was over, and I had done it! I had to modify most of the core exercises but that's okay! It gives me a goal to work up to over the next few months. Thanks Cathe!!

I just did Cardio Core Circuit for the first time this morning (I know i'm behind the times) and all I can say is WOW!!!!! That was so much fun . . . and so freakin' hard!! Exactly what I wanted! :D On the last set of high, straight leg kicks Cathe says something like "4 more? why not" and I just start yelling in my head "4 more? is she crazy? there's no way! I can't do 4 more." By the time I got done whining it was over, and I had done it! I had to modify most of the core exercises but that's okay! It gives me a goal to work up to over the next few months. Thanks Cathe!!

I did the cardio drills only premix of this one this morning. :eek::eek::eek:
I swear this is one of Cathe's hardest cardios to date! With or without the core work intervals it kicks my ever-lovin' backside all over the place! I did it this morning on purpose to make room for the extra cals I'll be consuming over the holiday weekend! ;)

I did my second attempt of this workout yesterday and I was glad things went much better this time around. The first time around I had to stop halfway thru and take the DVD out. This time I followed Cathe's advise and did the modifications on the core sections and was able to make it thru to the end. The core work will definitely give me something to work towards in the future. Its a fun workout.

Thanks, I read all the posts and NOW I dread attempting this workout later today. It has been on my "to do" list for awhile yet, I've done 30/30 and it's gotten easier.

Dear god, make it stop!!!! OMG, that was hard. Thought I was gonna die halfway thru the 1st round. I think round 3 and 5 were the easiest, but it was all tough, tough, tough. I will admit I didn't do the side twisty pushup things, I was pooped, so just did regular pushups. I can't do the roll back and pop up onto my feet thing, either. It was a roll back, try to get up, and fall on my butt;):eek: At least my backside has plenty of cushion:p It felt like my legs were too long to get under me or something. But it was fun trying. Also couldn't do the last core section, with the roll back and over and into the pushup. My feet keep geting in the way in the transition from the roll to the pushup. I think I may move the mat out of the way and try it on the floor. My shoes were getting stuck on the mat and it was bunching up and getting me all jumbled up. I swear some of these exercises are easier for shorter people. Not so many bits and pieces to get in the way.

It was fun, and tough. I look forward to doing it again, but need to get thru the rest of the new DVDs before I repeat anything.

Nan
Lmao! Your post seriously made me laugh....so descriptive! Thanks for the review, just ordered this DVD yesterday, can't wait!

I love this workout, but I have to say, even after doing it a few times, my tired old body still can't get the hang of the core sections, especially that "drop/roll/jump thingie." I've been modifying every time - after cursing out Cathe! (It's rude, I know, but I have to say, that's gotten me through the hardest workouts since the late 80's, whether it was Jane Fonda, original Firms, Anna, Tracie, etc. :p)

As soon as I can get the Workout Blender to work for me (Cathe's team told me I have to wait for the next version for the fix for my iMac), I plan on trying my own pre-mix of all the Cardio from this workout and substituting other Core work in between. But who knows, maybe by that time, I will have actually mastered the original corework!

I just did this again this week, wow it really is tough! What I like the most, is my abs/core were a good sore for a couple of days. I can't even imagine what I must look like flopping back on the floor like that and trying to get up, I find myself laughing a lot during the core work at just how ridiculous I must look.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.