Cardio Coach Question

gym_mom

Cathlete
Ok - seems like I'm asking for lots of help lately.

I know cardio coach was designed to use on treadmills, ellipticals, and other cardio fitness machines. Has anyone ever used them for outside walking/running? Has it worked out well?

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

I have used it to run outdoors. It's tough because the terrain varies outdoors, and you really have no way of planning for hills. iTrain has their iTread 6 60 minute workout that is designed specifically to be run outdoors (I'm running it tomorrow actually). If you don't want to go 60 minutes, it does break down to 2 30 minute workouts - Gayle even talks you through that. She also gears all of her workouts towards walks, joggers and runners - so pace information is based on that. It's a really good workout - I'd recommend it.

Thanks for the input. That's exactly what I need to know.

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

I've tried Cardio Coach outside and didn't enjoy it. I lost concentration with all that's going on outside and couldn't pay attention to what Coach Sean was saying. LOL! I like listening to my own music outside, so I can just zone out and work hard. If I was at a track or something boring like that, I'm sure it would work alot better. But, I'm all through the neigborhoods and there is too many distractions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.