Cardio Challenge - Sept 2009

Melinda65

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Lita, I hope you are enjoying yourself this week.

Rhea, my class reunion was this past Sat as well, but I didn't go. Glad you had a good time at yours.

Tracy, we have great weather here. It's around 70 and low humidity. Great sleeping weather!

I'm on week 4 of meso 3. Got a little behind last week and finished it up on sunday. So I didn't want to do another upper body 2 days later, therefore I did the week 4 plyo legs. I'll do upper body tomorrow and may have to wait a few extra days to do the other upper body workout, but it will all work out.

Hey Melinda! Glad I found the Sept. thread..this is it right?

I was going to start up a new one, then I say the cardio challenge and thought, hmm, maybe that's it! And here you were.

Did a workout yesterday, but today I'm just bushed again, so no workout forced on me.

DH came home not feeling so hot either, so rest and fluids is always on the menu. Okay, I'm off to drink more fluids. :rolleyes:

OH, I am sorry, I called the thread the wrong name. This is what I was in over at Fitprime. Oops! Do you all want me to start a new thread under the other name?

Rhea, it seems that after a few weeks of school starting, the sickness starts to pass around.

I have done legs and back/chest from meso 3 week 4. Don't know if I'll do that last workout today or not.

Hope you all have fun this holiday weekend. Weather should be great here.

Maybe not, Tracy might remember that old name. Lita too. If we keep bumping this up to the first page, we might not get lost! Of course, we may be just too old to re-train too! LOL

Just like the old days! I like the thread name. It was much easier for me to find.

Hello Ladies!

I got cleared by my doctor last week to start working out again with some restrictions.
Last week I had a nasty virus that came with a horrible fever. However, on Tuesday I only had congestion so I decided to try a workout. I got the CTX series 2 weeks ago when Cathe had it 30% off. Shame on her. I had to buy it. ha ha. I also picked up the RS,MIC,IM1 dvd last week when it was on sale.

tuesday- 1/2 of Leaner Legs. Just holding 10lb dumbs at my sides kinda pulled on my shoulder/collar bone and it star. so I called it a night.
Wednesday-Step blast: combos and 3rd round of challenge minus the blast. Ab Circuts- Pilates. didn't do all of the challenge due to how my lungs felt from getting over that bad cold. Still have quite a cough.
Thursday- MIC hi/lo cardio only- modified higher impact portion to rebounder; CTX biceps/triceps/ abs from All Step. So I miss the rebounder! I couldn't keep Cathe's beat but it worked great and didn't agrivate my knees.

Feels great to be working out even if its not full force! I have to workout after 9pm because that room gets so hot. I love having a workout room again! I'm so excited!

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend with my honey. I haven't had 2 days off in one week let alone 3 in months!

Good afternoon, err, evening!

Hope everyone is doing great. DH is definitely down for the count. I think he has the swine flu, because of the symptoms (which is really close to regular flu, so who knows) Our county does not swap or anything from what I hear, just want you to stay home and get better. Only go to hospital if can't walk across room and run out of breath (then in lungs too much I guess)

So no workouts for me, I'm taking it easy and resting myself, drinking lots of fluids. I sure don't want to get it, but I'm in very close proximity, huh?:rolleyes:

Okay, back to nursing.:cool:

Hi Girls,

Sorry to hear about DH Reah. That flu bug is nothing to mess around with. I wonder if that is what I had last week. Horrible fever, coughing up fluid, congested, just felt exhausted. Glad it's over!

Friday- Rest Day
Saturday- MIC warmup and step portion; 200 walking lunges in the park.
I'm thinking about doing CTX upper body after a bit. My buns need to relax a bit before I do anything else. Those walking lunges were sure a glute lifter.

BF is taking me camping tomorrow. I won't be back till Monday night. I'll probably get lots of swimming in over the next two days hence why I wanted to do legs and upper body tonight.

Enjoy the weekend girls.

I did end up doing shoulders from CTX and the abs from Power Circuit. Felt great. Didn't have too much trouble with my shoulder.

So I woke up this morning so stiff in my legs I could hardly walk down stairs. So I rebounded for 45 minutes and did the yoga abs from Ab Circuits. My legs feel so much better. I love rebounding it loosens everything up and is gentle on the joints. Now I'm headed off for 2 days on the Yellowstone river.

Hi all! Glad I found you! Thanks for starting a new thread Melinda! Lita started a new thread for Low Carbers and Friends and now that Reece can locate this one easier, I don't know what to do! Maybe we can name it Low Carbers Cardio Challenge next time. Would that help you Reece?

Melinda, are you going to take a break from STS now or continue to use it? I haven't done one of those workouts since I finished in June! I feel like I ignored so many workouts that I like while I did STS that I want to do them all again before I do another round of it. :)

Reece, you are rocking those workouts girl! Goodness! You just started back to it and I was worried about you after reading you did 200 walking lunges, yikes! Hope you had a great weekend camping!

It rained like crazy here! Almost 2 inches in 2 days with tons of wind. It's not so bad now. Enjoy your great weather everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.