Can you recommend some good household cleaners?

BAM

Cathlete
Hi. I'm going to be cleaning a house that needs, well, let's say a little bit of work. :eek: I'm looking for good cleaners for the walls, doors (with gook that accumulates on the carvings), baseboards, counter tops, grease remover, tough dirt on floors, etc. Let's just say, top to bottom in every room. I'm hoping to go over each area once with the appropriate effective cleaner. I'm open to either over-the-counter or homemade/environmentally friendly ones. I just want to get the job done as easily as possible. Of course glass for the wine? Already sparkling! ;)

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

Bam

I used Magic Easer when I had to do a major clean up in a nasty bathroom and also some walls and baseboards. I loved it so much that I still use it to clean parts of my house, even though it's not nasty dirty. I really cleans without having to push and scrub your arms off.

I used Magic Easer when I had to do a major clean up in a nasty bathroom and also some walls and baseboards. I loved it so much that I still use it to clean parts of my house, even though it's not nasty dirty. I really cleans without having to push and scrub your arms off.

Oh cool, thanks! I think I only used one when they first came out and I got a sample in the mail. Are they advertising a super Magic Eraser or something similar on tv? I'm thinkin' I recently saw something new.

Better Life What Ever cleaner. We saw this product on the TV show Shark Tank and bought it at Whole Foods. Love it. It cleans well, smells great, and is a 100% plant-based product. I was blown away when the maker of the product sprayed it directly into his mouth when he appeared on Shark Tank ... not that it's meant to be eaten, but just to prove it has natural, safe ingredients. :p

Amazon.com: Better Life What-ever! Clary Sage and Citrus, 32 Ounce: Health & Personal Care

I use Dr. Bronner Sal Suds for almost all my cleaning (floors, walls, dilute for countertop spray, toilets, can even use for laundry and dishes). Highly concentrated and grease cutting, a little goes a long way. It's a more natural product. I buy it by the gallon and it lasts forever.

Thanks ladies for those suggestions! I'm looking into them as I speak, er type. :D

Thanks again.
Bam

Magic Eraser's are exactly that. Be carefull what you use it on, as it can discolor some things, like wallpaper. I clean for a large preschool, and I wouldn't clean it without these little miracle sponges. Splurge and get the name brand Mr. Clean version.

My favorite cleaner in my own home is Cinch. It's great on window and mirrors, wood floors, and it is a degreaser. It smells fresh and doesn't leave a film like some clearners that contain bleach.

Wow, thanks! I'm lovin' your suggestions! Thanks for mentioning about getting the original Magic Eraser as I have seen the generic ones which, of course, are less expensive and contemplated getting that one but now I won't.

Thank you again!
Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.