CABS and ABS Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey girls.

I figured I'd give Cathy a break and start this thread for her!;) LOL

I am heading to the gym this morning for a run so I gotta get moving. I'll be back later for personals.

Ciao Bellas!:)

Wendy, please do! I don't like being a thread hog but I get antsy! I like to post in the early AM and then do other stuff. Have a great run!

How is everyone else?

Angie :: how are the DOMS on top of DOMS?...Enjoy your day of peace!! :)...I haven't gotten any new workouts lately. Maybe you meant someone else?

Laura must be off to the Keys already or is busy getting ready to go. In case you haven't left yet, have a safe trip and ROCK OUT, girl! We know you will. :)

Hi Nancy & Diana! Have a great day...BBL

~Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Morning Ladies ..

still here .. but yesterday was insane for the already insane workplace .. my desk has now been re-named .. "The Twilight Zone" ... LOL:eek:

I literally had about 10 things going on at one time yesterday morning .. and that lasted way into my lunch hour .. and the afternoon was spent getting loose ends tied up .. for instant: had workers trying to install a new "kiosk" for the sales floor .. my manager and the division manager argueing w/them about it .. and it is right at my desk so I got the pleasure of listening to that crap for about 2 hours ... the sales v/s business office .. then had collector out on repo's .. people mad and phone ringing nonstop . . it was truely INSANE!!!x(

in the midst of everything I recieved 1 doz. LONG STEM ROSES (my fav) . . and everyone knows my DH does NOT send long stem expensive roses .. the card had my name but mispelled .. and it said "Happy Be-lated Anniversary" .. and it was from DH BOSS .. WTH??? like I said the twilight zone .. so now everyone is kidding me about what's up w/me and DH boss .. LOL!! ahhhhhhhh

SSOOOOO anywho!! hate I missed yesterday ..but just could not get here!

Did 60 min. super cardio step last night .. about got too hot myself .. and TONIGHT is the kick@$$ class .. my idea to pack in as much as possible b-4 they get a week off from me!! LOL

Hey .. I here ya on the temps ... it is unbearable here .. today's high is 100 .. and tomorrow's high is 102 ... and coupled w/the humidity our heat index is a little more than 110 .. :eek:

I weighed for the first time in a while .. and I have lost 5 more pounds .. no wonder my skinny pants are falling off .. ?? ... even DH said something about it .. but I am sure my week off next week will find those lost pounds .. although my typical Keys trip I LOOSE weight b/c of all the diving and going .. ?? .. we will see .. and yes I am planning on taking some pics and sharing w/you Ladies!!

OK .. will BBL (hopefully) to check in w/you gals for personals!

Have a greeaaat day .. and better workouts
:7

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did S&H Chest & Triceps since I missed it on Tuesday. It is Legs & Back at the Rec Ctr at lunch and bootcamp class tonight.

My back is feeling much better and I'm beginning to think my new kickbox workout is responsible for my back pain. It must be the combat drills with the 12lb body bar. There is a lot of twisting motion during these drills and I feel my form would be better with a lighter weight. It is an awesome shoulder workout though, and the abs get worked really well too!

Cathy-What are you up to today? I've decided to make a list of all the stuff I want to get done and start working on it. Maybe you can do the same:)

Wendy-How was your run? I've only done ripped 1000 and it was okay. I hope to do ripped to the core this weekend sometime and I'm desperately hoping it is not like the slim series.

Angie-sent you the recipes earlier. You should've received 2 emails. Jerod came home pretty bruised up from football last night. The bruises looked so bad it looked like he was beaten, I wanted to cry. Of course he's so tough and said he was fine.

Nancy-sent you the recipes too! What are you up to today? Hearing you talk about sending your daughters off to college makes me wish I would've done that. I did get my bachelor's, but as an adult. I simply wasn't ready for college when I should've been.

Laura-Have a wonderful time on your vacation. It sounds great. By the way, you can have 5 of my pounds when ever you want them:) Maybe you can come to Colorado and teach my bootcamp class for your next vacation?

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

Thanks, Diana, for the recipes. I'll check my emails now. You had me laughing.....come and teach your bootcamp class in Colorado for your next vacation. She'll have to stop in NY first, lol!!! It's exactly what I need....someone to kick me in the butt!!!

I did Pure Strength lower body today. I went as heavy as I could and called it a day. Going to Ikea to pick up some things for DD's dorm room.

Have a great day!!!!

Nancy

Nancy- I figured since Laura and her DH are in to active vacations it would be a good excuse for them to come visit Colorado. You know, I've never been to NY so maybe we could run the Statue of Liberty stairs together instead!

Hope you like the recipes, they look pretty good to me.

Diana

Diana .. I would LOVE to come to Colorado .. we actually came close a couple of years ago .. DH planned a hunting/camping adventure trip .. and I almost went .. UNTIL he let me find out the camping part was in the MOUNTAINS .. as in SNOW - ICE - wild BEARS camping trip .. excuse me?? OH NO .. not for me .. told him he could leave me on a ski resort somewhere and he could go out hunting and camping out w/the bears and ice and snow if he wanted to ... LOL ... he was not too fond of that idea though!! LOL

Hey .. NEW YORK sounds like a major fun trip .. but think they are having some of our heat wave so we would have to go at the first of the year .. LOL!!

Also .. your back .. depending on the workout .. the twist and pivots in most kickboxing moves can be hard on the back .. especially if you are kicking real high!! As much as you do it is gonna be hard to pin point exactly what is causing it .. just eleminate one thing at a time and it may take you a while .. but you will find the culprit.

Cathe .. the kids started back to school here .. so guessing your summer time is ALMOST over ... bless your heart!! Hey just another reason to take in some last minute summer adventures .. right??

Wendy - guess your are into your 1/2 marathon training now .. I know you will do good.

Angie - sounds like you had a hectic day yesterday too .. hope today is better!

Nancy .. think you should write your own New York Style cookbook .. I know I for one would buy one!!!

heck we just went out to the River City Grill for our workgroup's safety lunch .. JEEZE .. I may have found those lost 5 # .. YIKES .. the food was awesome .. slow .. but awesome .. LOL!

Oh .. got back to my desk after the HUGE lunch .. to find a package DH has ordered me some hoochie mama dresses and string bikini's!! :eek: .. hope those 5 # don't come back now!! bless his heart he is a sweetie .. and he still thinks I am 20 years old .. LOL!! But I love all of it but one dress .. it is kinda froo froo for my taste .. but will wear it for DH .. bless his heart!!!;)

OK .. ready to burn some added calories in the KICK@$$ class .. come on 5:00!!:7

Diana :: Glad your back is better…I love all the twisting in that w/out, but I was definitely feeling my back yesterday, too, during the combat drills…(in fact, even my knee felt a little torqued in another part of the w/out, again from one of those lunges where you have to twist)...Anyway, the weighted bar does make a difference, and at the moment, I just don’t have as much range of motion…So I just try to be as careful as possible and not overdo it...Today I ran some errands and mostly worked on school stuff. I am making some progress with my to-do list, but I do feel like the day slips away from me.

Laura :: eh to the outdoor camping…YES to the Colo. ski resort!! I skiied Breck for the first time last winter – love, love, LOVED it. This year we’ll be doing Winter Park…can’t wait!…What a sweetie your DH is…Amazing that he knows you well enough to order the right sizes and things you like (mostly). Again, have a FAB trip! We'll miss ya.

Hi Nancy, Wendy, and Angie!

I forgot to add I did a 3-mile run followed by S&H Legs this morning. I am picking up a few West Coast roadtrippers from the airport, and all three of their flights have been delayed, I assume b/c of weather/storms. We were supposed to grab dinner after they check into their hotel…but now I don’t know…can I wait that long???? Arrgghghhh!!

~Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

This phone schedule they have me on is getting in the way of my lunch workouts. Since I'm doing heavy weights in a 4 day split, I cannot afford to miss my lunch workouts. I can't really do this rotation at home since I need the equipment at the rec ctr that allows me lift heavy. I'm so annoyed. At least I have bootcamp to look forward to tonight :)

Laura-what a nice surprise from your DH. Just so you know, our ski resorts are open in the summer for mountain biking, hiking etc, teaching bootcamp classes....It is very pretty here!

Cathy-I guess I didn't know you made it in to the Road Trip! How exciting. You'll have to fill us in with all the details. Have fun!

Angie-hellllooo-can you hear me at football???

Nancy-I'll buy one of your cookbooks. Angie and I are desperately looking for make ahead and freeze meals or quick healthy meals. The kids are playing sports, school is starting and we don't want the kids, or us for that matter eating junk food. Do you have any suggestions for us?

Diana

Good evening girls:)

I'm finally here. It's been a hectic week but it should all be downhill from here. Besides a 10:30 hair cut and grocery shopping after that, I'm done until next week.;) Of coarse there's all the regular laundry, 5th wheel cleaning, etc. to do, but at least I can do it at my own pace.:7 After dropping Cody off at writing camp this morning, I went to work and got half of my to-do list done there. Yes, Diana, I am a list person too! My problem is that I generally have too many list going at once.:eek:

Wendy - Hope the training is going well. Thanks for popping in to start us out.

Cathy - I was referring to that kickbox workout that you use the empty barbell for. I thought is was new for you. Sounds like lots of folks on the main board like it too.
No peace and quiet today, but Cam went to Gma's house for a night or two, and with Cody at camp......tomorrow will be me and the beagle.:) Should be peaceful.
You did S&H legs and a 3 mile run?:eek: Ummmmm are you training for that HM?:7
DOMS are gone today. I did Stretchmax for the first time - all 3 segments. I like the band one the best. I almost feel like it was a waste of workout time, but my muscles definitely felt it when I was done and I am so tired tonight. I think it got in there really good - it was so relaxing that I think I couldv'e fallen asleep during a couple of those segments.

Laura - So, what IS up with DH boss?:p :eek: ;-) That sure is strange. What's DH think about it? That's so sweet that DH sent you clothes for vacation, even though they may be a bit self serving on his part.....I'm thinking he wants to see some skin. *lol* Cracked up with the comment about the hoochie mama dress - LMAO! Sounds like you will have a blast on vacation. How's the couple getting along who's going with you?
I can't wait to see your pics!

Diana - I did get your receipes but I haven't had a chance to read the emails yet. Hopefully I will tomorrow. Thanks so much! Tonight I got home in time to do a workout and make a pizza before bolting out the door. When I got home I put the pizza in the oven and that seemed to work out pretty well. Cam only likes cheese on his pizza and I added fresh mushrooms, ham, and pineapple to the rest of it. It was yummy and much more healthy than the pizza joint.
I hear you about the football bruises. Cody's legs look horrible! Hopefully they'll get a chance to heal since he's missing practice for the next 2 days since he's at camp. He should be free of bruises at writing camp - lol.
Colorado sounds beautiful. I would love to travel out west sometime soon just to see the sights. DH went out there to hunt in the early 90's and said it is breathtakingly beautiful. Maybe next year a family trip out west in the camper might be the thing to do.

Nancy - I haven't done a pure strength workout in ages. They are oldies but goodies. That leg w/o when she has you sit on the step and then stand slightly to a squat with the barbell......ug! I get shakey just thinking about it!:eek:

It's about bed time for me. Chat with you all tomorrow:)

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.