c25k running podcast (free)

Tamrahan

Cathlete
This link came up from a member on mfp I'm not sure if it has come up on this forum or not but I haven't seen it so I thought I'd post a link. It's a bit different than cardio coaches and it is free, you just download it to your iPod. It follows the coolrunning.com c25k plan-warmup, run/walk intervals, cooldown. He keeps track of the timing so you just do what he says Eg: "slow down to a brisk walk for x minutes, I'll let you know when it's time to run again" He doesn't talk much and the music is pretty good. These are aproximatly 30 minutes in lenth.

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page6/page6.html

This link came up from a member on mfp I'm not sure if it has come up on this forum or not but I haven't seen it so I thought I'd post a link. It's a bit different than cardio coaches and it is free, you just download it to your iPod. It follows the coolrunning.com c25k plan-warmup, run/walk intervals, cooldown. He keeps track of the timing so you just do what he says Eg: "slow down to a brisk walk for x minutes, I'll let you know when it's time to run again" He doesn't talk much and the music is pretty good. These are aproximatly 30 minutes in lenth.

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page6/page6.html
Hey Tami, thanks for posting this! I just started the C25K program and this will be a BIG help! I actually signed up for coached C25K group runs but they don't follow the Cool Runnings plan which I prefer. I might drop the coaching and just do it on my own. I ran on my own today with my beloved CC, but it was kind of hard since none of the intervals match the times for the C25K outline. I went with it anyway because I ADORE Coach Sean and find him so motivating, but I'm willing to give these a try. :eek: :D

Hey Tami, thanks for posting this! I just started the C25K program and this will be a BIG help! I actually signed up for coached C25K group runs but they don't follow the Cool Runnings plan which I prefer. I might drop the coaching and just do it on my own. I ran on my own today with my beloved CC, but it was kind of hard since none of the intervals match the times for the C25K outline. I went with it anyway because I ADORE Coach Sean and find him so motivating, but I'm willing to give these a try. :eek: :D

Glad this helps Miss Lee. I did c25k a few years back and it was a pita to constantly be looking at my watch (in the dark no less) I started week 1 this morning on my TM. I liked how he keeps track of time for you. Llove the song on run #4 "do you want me to stay or should I leave you alone now?" la la la :D I don't think it holds a candle to Sean but its useful for intervals.

On a side note, I think Nanc324 is trying to get her post count up to 12K, lol.

Glad this helps Miss Lee. I did c25k a few years back and it was a pita to constantly be looking at my watch (in the dark no less) I started week 1 this morning on my TM. I liked how he keeps track of time for you. Llove the song on run #4 "do you want me to stay or should I leave you alone now?" la la la :D I don't think it holds a candle to Sean but its useful for intervals.

On a side note, I think Nanc324 is trying to get her post count up to 12K, lol.
Please don't tell anybody I've been unfaithful! :eek: :eek: :D
Best of luck to you on your runs!! Hey Tricia (syzygy314) is following the C25K plan, too!! We should all check in together. I'm a brand new baby runner and I just hope I don't hurt myself! :eek: :p

Best of luck to you on your runs!! Hey Tricia (syzygy314) is following the C25K plan, too!! We should all check in together. I'm a brand new baby runner and I just hope I don't hurt myself! :eek: :p

LOL
I should shoot Sean an email and tell him you've defected since he isn't coming out with Vol 9 any time soon. lol

I did the C25k about 5 years ago and 'ran' up until Jan 2007. That's when I pulled my hamstring -it still is giving me problems to this day.

I use the word 'ran' loosely. I can power walk faster than I can run. :eek:
I totally suck at it but I want to love it. I am so envious of ppl who are gifted at running.

If you started a check in I would probably pop in from time to time - I'm notoriously unreliable when it comes to the checking in and journaling and that kind of thing. We had a yoga checkin for a while and that sortof when kaplooey.

If you started a check in I would probably pop in from time to time - I'm notoriously unreliable when it comes to the checking in and journaling and that kind of thing. We had a yoga checkin for a while and that sortof when kaplooey.
I hear ya. I'm not very good about it either. I started a check-in group for cardio haters a few years ago and it lasted for a long time but finally fizzled out. We still chat by email and FB but none of us has time to keep up with a check-in. Well, so, we can just give a shout out to each other from time to time! And I serioulsy love you for your lack of commitment to a check-in! :p :D

P.S. Take care of that hamstring! I have Morton's Foot Syndrome and it kills me every time I try to pick up my walking pace. Running actually feels better. My anterior tibialis starts cramping and aye yi yi -- it hurts like the dickens!

Here I am! I like that these actually have music on them! Mine doesn't and it makes things either boring and long, or I have to carry my iPhone in one hand with my Coach and wear my iPod on my arm with my headphones for music, which makes it difficult to hear my cues!

I'll check out the site, too!

Tricia

LOL
I should shoot Sean an email and tell him you've defected since he isn't coming out with Vol 9 any time soon. lol

I did the C25k about 5 years ago and 'ran' up until Jan 2007. That's when I pulled my hamstring -it still is giving me problems to this day.

I use the word 'ran' loosely. I can power walk faster than I can run. :eek:
I totally suck at it but I want to love it. I am so envious of ppl who are gifted at running.

I'm feeling the same way about running as you! I don't know if I'll ever be a "runner!" :confused: I'm trying, I really am!

Drives me crazy to see people older than I am (I'm 47) running with ease and not even breathing hard!

Tricia

Okay, I'm back, again. Tried to download the podcasts, but the link took me to iTunes, which is fine, but only gave me week 9! I'm so far from that! I have a Mac, so I don't have a right-click button to download them directly from his site. Any techno-geeks out there who can tell me how to get weeks 4-8?

So, helpless when it comes to some of this stuff!

Tricia

ok I just went straight to iTunes and put 'Ullrey" in SEARCH and only 2 came up BUT then I clicked on Podcasts for running up at the top and then all 9 came up.
try that and see what happens.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=173959170

eta to post link, hope it works

Thanks! I'll give it a go! Come to think of it, I believe I had the same problem with the other one. I let it go for a while and came back to it several weeks later and they were all there!

Tricia

Ah! Success! Thanks!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.