Butts & Guts: no soreness

Cathe:

I have never been sore in my glutes after doing Butts & Guts. I already searched previous posts on this, because I recall some discussions on it shortly after that DVD came out, but have found nothing. Can you please comment? My legs in general get a good workout and nice tired feeling, but the glutes remain stubbornly unsore.x( My form is painstakingly proper, so, clearly, I'm missing something here! Thanks in advance for revisiting this topic.

Not Cathe, but I experienced the complete opposite. I was so sore for 4 days after doing Butts and Guts, I couldn't sleep on my back or sit without grimacing. Maybe, in previous workouts, I wasn't targeting the glutes as effectively as in Butts and Guts. After doing it 2 times a week for 3 weeks, I had to increase my weight to feel the burn.
Have you tried increasing your weight and still maintaining proper form and safety.
Let me know

Hi Charlotteyochem! As long as your legs are getting a good workout and they have a nice tired feeling, your glutes are definitely being challenged. Whether or not you feel isolated soreness in an area, does not determine how effective your workout is since we all contain our own unique blend of fast and slow twitch muscle fiber which influences our response to our workouts. You simply may have more slow twitch muscle fibers in your genetic make up which means you would have a higher tolerance for muscle endurance based exercises. Now, if you were not seeing any results from your workouts, I would say we need to look at this again, but the fact that you say you feel good and tired in your legs, and your form is excellent, I think you are in good shape (no pun intended :) )

Take Care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.