Bunion surgery

I would like to know the same thing. I went to the podiatrist and he gave me orthotics (sp?), but I think I'm going to need surgery in the future. My aunt had hers done a year ago and she couldn't put any pressure or drive for a month. I think the healing time depends on the type of surgery you get.

I know people that have had the surgery, as well as have a few foot surgeons as friends and family. Typical recovery time is 6-8 weeks.
:-(

My mother had it done. Make sure to check out the surgeon too she wasn't super happy with the results. It depends if you have one or both done but yes thats about right 6-8 weeks.

Thanks for the input. Mine's just my left foot, so hopefully I could still drive. I'll miss my workouts tho!!!;(

--Sharon

I had surgery on both feet over 10 years ago, so recovery time may have changed. I remember being off my feet completely (except to use the bathroom or move to a different room, at which time I needed assistance since I had both feet done) for a couple weeks. I was back to walking in these weird surgery shoe things after that and was in them for at least 4 weeks. Even after being back in regular shoes, I had to be VERY careful on my feet. It's hard to describe the feeling, but it's like you want to walk around on your heals because you're worried about hurting the surgery area. Had I done cathe cardio workouts back when I had my surgery, I think it would have been safe to say I wouldn't be back to them for AT LEAST 3 months after surgery.

Again, that was my experience. Things may have changed since then. The recovery was not pleasant, but it was worth it in the end.

Good luck!
lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.