Buff Badgers January 2017

heartymax

Cathlete
Happy New Year.

I enjoyed the holiday season. We traveled south to visit our family for Christmas. DH and I celebrated our wedding anniversary this weekend. Went to a nice restaurant for dinner. I had the best carrot cake. It was a large slice and must have had 5000 calories. I finished it the next day.

No workouts during the holidays. I plan to hit the elliptical tomorrow morning.

I didn't order Strong and Sweaty. What do you think so far?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you holidays were good. Happy Anniversary!! Do you start your new job this week?

I like the Strong & Sweaty Series. This morning I did Total Body Giant Sets. That was the only one I hadn't done. I haven't really check out the ab sections on these workouts. Was always running short on time. Lots of premixes to choose from. I like it. Glad I got it.

Saturday morning I did Rock'm Sock'm from the ICE Series.

Today was back to reality.

Good Morning!

It was very foggy driving in this morning. I hate driving in the fog and then it was dark out yet on top of it. Don't like driving in the dark either so not a good combination.

Been staying away from the higher impact stuff lately. Body not feeling the greatest with it. This morning I did All Out Low Impact HiiT. Legs were feeling it after some of the leg work yesterday. I've been looking at supplementing with BCAA's. I've been reading more about them and which ones are more important for women. I found a brand that ranked in the top 3 for women that I think I've seen in a store. Am probably going to give that a try to see how it affects my workouts and how I feel after.

Hope all is well.

My new job started today. I spent a lot of day doing paperwork and going to the 3 schools that I will work at. I have a meeting tomorrow and hope to get to shadow some folks over next few days. I took a nap yesterday and then I was up late and then overslept this morning. Arggh....

It rained all day so dreary day for my first day.

It was rainy by me yesterday too. Over night the temp dropped and it was really windy during the night and is supposed to be all day. Temp was 7° coming in this morning. Brrrrr :eek:

Today I did RWH Chest, shoulders, and tri's. Was not one of my better workouts. Upper body was still feeling Monday's workout a little. Especially the tri's. Did the best I could and gotter done. ;)

I am so not ready for freezing Temps. It was actually a nice day yesterday. Sunny in high 40's. We are expecting our first barely measurable snow tonight.

Today was 40 minutes of elliptical cardio.

DS returned to college this weekend. Not before giving the rest of the family the cold he had earlier in the week. I started feeling bad Friday evening and stayed in bed all weekend. It was so cold on Sunday and Monday. We got a little snow but the Temps are in teens the last few days. I dragged myself to the grocery store after work because I had no fruit, bread or milk. I prepared the fixings for a chicken fajita salad so DH and I have lunch for the next couple of days. I just have to shred lettuce and we are good to go. I was completely exhausted after doing that and was ready for bed. I watched part of the college football game and went to bed and then woke up at 3rd quarter and was up to 12:30 til it ended. Yikes.

Hope to get rid of this head cold and sore throat.

Gosh, trying to think what the rest of my week was last week. I think Thurs I did Rock'm Sock'm. Friday I did RWH Back, Delts, and bi's. Saturday my Tabata Bootcamp class started up again so that was cool. Sunday was my rest day.

Yesterday I decided to start with STS Mesocycyle 1. Feel like my muscle endurance has gone down hill. Yesterday did chest, shoulders, and biceps. Last night my Kickboxing class started in again so I had that. This morning I did 5 miles on the elliptical and followed that with the STS Extended Stretch.

Our temps warmed up and now we have snow. This morning it was drizzling a little. Roads were very sloppy coming in.

Hope you feel better soon. My DH was sick and is getting better. So far I've managed to fend it off.

How's the new job going?

Good Morning!

Today was STS Mesocycle 1 legs. I wish I didn't dread leg day. Does it ever get any easier. I did better than expected. Granted I did back off on the weights. I looked at what I had written down for my weights and always backed off a little. My leg strength definitely is not where it used to be. I'll keep at it though.

Hope all is well!

There are no DOMS like the ones from STS legs....is it disc 7 or 9[emoji23][emoji23]. I can't remember but oh my can't envision the soreness.

Funny how 45 degrees and sunny felt like 70s after the freezing Temps from earlier this week.

Yesterday was 40 minutes of elliptical cardio and today was Power Hour.

Shockingly my legs don't feel too bad today. Because they didn't feel too bad I did my 20 min of intense craziness on the elliptical where I go up to a level 15 for a min. With the resistance being so high... legs were feeling it. I started drinking BCAA's while I'm working out and it actually seems to be making a difference in the recovery after my workouts.

Isn't it funny how when we have freezing temps and once we get in the 30's or 40's it feels so warm. :p

Power Hour.... that's an oldie but a goodie.

Good Morning!

Quick run down of the last few days. Friday I did Mesocycle 1 Back and triceps. Saturday I had my Tabata Bootcamp class. Sunday was my rest day. This morning I started week 2 of STS Meso 1 with chest, shoulders, and biceps. Gradually getting my strength back up on those push-ups.

Weekend was fine. Nothing too spectacular. I'm normally not big into football but did watch the Packer / Dallas game last night and it was a great game. Got close there at the end. Was happy to see the Packers win.

Hope things are going well. How's the new job?

This morning was 40 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by squats and an work. I thought something was wrong with my TV but DH said my remote just need new batteries [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

I really love STS. I think that is the best of Cathe.

The new job is going well. Former colleagues planned a farewell for me last week and it was nice seeing them. With the busy holidays there was no time to get together before I left.

I am going to attempt to join you for STS so I did disc 1 chest, shoulders and Biceps. I added on my squats and core work. I even did a little of the extended stretch which I have never done. I know my muscle tone is not near where it used to be so I figured it is time to get back to it. When I think about the problems I had with my neck and shoulders last year and going so light or doing all cardio....I did what I had to do. I had to take more time off than usual. Muscle has great memory so I expect to see some results soon.

Very cool, glad your joining me with STS. :) Hope it goes good for you.

That was nice that they had a farewell party for you. Glad the new job is going well.

Last night I had my kickboxing class. I definitely made it tougher than last week. It was even hard on me. :oops: This morning I did 5 miles in about 31 min on the elliptical. Then I followed that with the STS Extended Stretch. That felt good after having two workouts yesterday.

I am so impressed with your cardio level.

I decided to do a step workout today and wanted something without all the jumping. I picked Party Rockin 1. After struggling with the footwork 20 minutes into the workout I realized that it was PR2 that I liked and not PR1. I just quickly jumped on the elliptical to finish my cardio. Added on some pop up squats, regular squats and core work.

Almost forgetting to tell you my muscles are sore today.....[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]. Loving that.

Thanks for being impressed with my cardio level.... kind of funny here I feel it could be so much better. o_O

I have never tried either of the Party Rockin workouts. I remember that one was more complex with the foot work than the other. I take it that must be 1.

Isn't it funny how we love the feeling of sore muscles. I do have to say though ever since I started drinking BCAA's during my workout, I'm not as sore the next day. There really is something too that stuff.

This morning I did Disc 6 legs. I don't want to do legs on Friday when I have Tabata Bootcamp on Saturday. That class is usually tough on my legs. Does leg day every get any easier? Does anyone really enjoy leg day? :(

Let's not talk about legs. I can recall not being able to walk my first time doing Meso 1. [emoji16]. STS is tough on my knees so not sure if I legs. A couple months ago I was doing daily squats with light weights and I saw results so I am doing that again. At least that will be something in case I don't do legs weekly or can't do the long sets.

Today was back and Triceps and my sore Biceps made it hard to finish some of these reps. Funny how a move may target one muscle group but you can feel it in another.

Not sure if I told you but a coworker is starting to try Cathe. She loves the barre workouts and got the basic step ones.

This morning I did Cardio Slam from Strong & Sweaty. I've been fighting something so I've been congested more than normal the last few days and had to take longer breaks. I had to skip the last exercise cause I needed to stretch and get myself upstairs to get ready for work. Legs are talking to me today and doing this workout was probably not the wisest one to do. I did it and gotter done. ;)

That's cool that a coworker is trying Cathe. Hope she enjoys her workouts like so many of us do.

Happy Friday!!

Today was Disc 5 Back and triceps. My body is feeling STS that's for sure. It's all good. :p

Felt good to leave my legs alone today.

Have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.