BUFF BADGERS 9/27-10/01

This morning was Muscle Max minus chest work....will do push ups before bed. I love those leg preses with the band! I had veggie pizza for lunch, but balanced it out with small salad and some fruit. So, I guess I don't need to feel to guilty LOL!

Sue--you are so right about needing a variety. I find myself not walking to do step some days just to give my knees a break. I think that is why I have enjoyed Drill Max so much lately....it is intense but not as high impact on the step.

Susan---enjoy all the homecoming festivities.

Lala---I love the Hiit workouts. I like 40/20 routines better than 30/30...but my 40/20 breaks may be more like 30/30 LOL!

Laurie---I am a morning person. I get up at 4:30 ish to start my workout. However, i don't think I have enough energy for Insanity LOL! not a big fan of kickboxing but I must say that I have forced myself to take on the challenge just to add some variety. I have KickMax and CTX also. I like the kickbox from CTX alot. It is more fun than KickMax. I just decided that I need to do somethings that are different even if they are not my favorite. It is not like I don't like it...it is just not my preference. But, I must admit that I like it more than I used to so it may be growing on me.

Hello to everyone and enjoy your workouts all week.

This a.m. was the combo PUB/PLB.

Sue, keep up the good work with the eating. If food didn´t taste so good...;)

Laurie, how long is that insanity cardio workout?

Susan, good job with the running! Let us know how fast you can "really" run!!!

Hi Karen, Hi Heartymax

Morning Ladies,

No workout for me yet, since I have the house to myself tonight I plan on doing YogaX after work. And the best part is I can use the tv upstairs, and I don't have to go down into the basement. Ohmmmm.... :eek:

Oldest dd did really well at her meet, but dang there are some fast girls from other schools. They where coming in under 15 min. The course is a fast one, but the times where crazy fast. Anyway dd came in first for her team, but 20th overall. She was happy with that, because her time was great.

Sue, Another good day for me on the eating, how did you do? If you like yogurt that is something that is good to have it you get the hungries late at night. I have been using greek yogurt with some Stevia in it, and since that is high in protein it helps. You have to like something that is as thick as sour cream though. :eek: Have a great day off, and have a good eating weekend.

Susan, We have the Homecoming festivities this week too, I have not seen dd all week! Tonight is the football game, but she is going to watch her bf at his soccer game. Now that coach really should have checked the schedule! :rolleyes: Yes I am INSANE! :D

heartymax, You get up at the same time I do, but I take the dog for a walk and then do my workout after that. Kickmax is a tough workout, that one had to grow on me. Lots of high impact work in that one. CTX Kickboxing is one of my favorites, so much fun in 30 min. ;)

Lala, The first month Insanity workouts are all 40 min. or less. The next month they can run up to 60 min. The one I did yesterday starts out with three 3 min. cardio rounds with the same exercises. The first round is slow (warm-up), the next round is a little faster, the third round you go as fast as you can handle. Then you get a 30 sec. break and he goes onto a 6 min. stretch. After that it is all cardio with I think 10-15 exercises, and each one is one minute each. You end with about a 3-4 min. cool down stretch. The one thing I like is that you go at your own pace, and Shaun advises you to take a break when you can't go any further. So I don't feel guilty when I can't do the full minute of an exercise.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone,

HI there! Today was a 3 mile run. I finished in 24 minutes. With Ruby I average more of a 9 minute mile.

My weekend is busy. Saturday I am taking DD and her friend to the Children's Hospital in Madison to visit the other friend there. She has cystic fibrosis so she has to go in every 6 months or so. Hopefully she'll come home next week.Sunday is church and Sunday School and game day... Plus we are going to my sister's. Exercise wise, tomorrow is my off day! YEA! I need to sleep in a little! Sunday I hope to get on the elliptical and pilates.

Laurie, enjoy your quiet evening! You should really be able to focus and find your inner Tony with all that quiet!:)

Enjoy your weekends ladies!

Susan

Today as Rythmic Step and love the music in that workout. I did some research on Jillian DVD's after my workout this morning. I am considering adding something new by Christmas...who knows---maybe even before then. I am not interested in buying just one DVD so I can see if I like it so it is good to see I can buy one and not an complete program like Insanity or P90x

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.